December 15th

Third Time is the Charm

Here they were, in an ice cream café, and he was ing tired and starving. That was what happened when you let the youngest plan something. Unearthly hours to get up. He had to get up at six a.m. and that on a weekend! He never got up before 9 a.m., not even before 8 a.m. on weekdays in general since none of his lectures started before 10 a.m.

He was really grumpy right now and as it seemed it wouldn't get better over time. His friends weren't of much help either. Far from it! One of them had worsened his mood greatly when he had started to discuss his life on the train of all places. Damn, it was his life and he was really fed up with this unsensitive questioning. Yes, he knew that Heechul was currently living through him while his boyfriend was overseas for a business trip, but still, there was no need to torture him that way. There just wasn't anything left that he could still tell Heechul about. He just simply didn't remember more than what he had already shared.

Yunho sighed. He just wanted a cup of coffee and something to eat for breakfast. He hadn't even had time for that before they had left. There had been no chance to get ready in one and a half hours when one of three was occupying the bathroom for at least an hour. Thank god this place served good coffee and warm waffles aside from ice cream.

Yunho eyed the youngest of their group and couldn't believe that he seriously was munching away on a sundae. Whilst watching Kyuhyun over the rim of his cup he noticed that the other was looking at the people entering the café and getting in line to order something while happily eating his banana split.

Yunho blinked when suddenly Kyuhyun's smile vanished and he looked down at his ice cream. It seemed like he didn't want to be noticed. Did something happen? Had someone entered the café that his friend knew? Yunho furrowed his eyebrows. Since when did Kyuhyun have a friend from Busan?

Curious of the situation Yunho turned around and tried to figure out who or what had made his friend this shy. Maybe it wasn't a friend at all? The guy that caught Yunho's attention stood last in line and was quite tall, maybe of his own height. He couldn't see much of that guy thanks to his unfavorable seating. Kyuhyun had a much better seat for that matter.

Yunho pursed his lips. Maybe that guy was Kyuhyun's type? No way. Kyuhyun was far too young to fall in love already and Yunho had to check on the other first to deem him right for his friend. It was his duty after all to make sure that the younger wouldn't get hurt. Whilst continuing to observe the guy standing in line from his position he registered him furiously typing on his phone and muttering something under his breath.

 

*

 

He couldn't believe that Jaejoong was doing it again. He had said it was only due to stress and unpleasant reminders, like that blurted name on the train for instance, and that he would quit as soon as he would feel better, but still, it definitely wasn't helping him much. After all, now he stood here in line alone to order something whilst messaging his friend the available variety of coffees who had nothing better to do than to stand in the cold and smoke a cancer stick.

He grumbled. He knew that Jaejoong was hurting and honestly, if he ever met the guy who was causing him this pain, Changmin would show him to never mess with his best friend. That poor soul had met too many s already in his life who had played with his heart and had only wanted his body that it had resulted in Jaejoong's habit of having one-night stands. Changmin really would be happy if his hyung would just stop with them altogether and settle down for good. He was certain that with the right guy there wouldn't be any more ups and downs and that Jaejoong would always be happy, which would result in Jaejoong being in a merry mood more often and thus being in the mood for cooking which in conclusion would mean more food for him. The perfect happy end for everyone. Or would that mean that Jaejoong would only cook for his lover? Nah, Jaejoong wasn't the kind of person to forget about his best friend. He simply was the opposite of Changmin who definitely would forget a living person over food. Why lie when he really loved food this much.

 

*

 

Finally he had reached the ice cream shop he had been dying to visit the entire day; APeach. Their design was too cute to be true and as a man he was allowed to think like this as well. He wasn't a fan of hypocritical views on girls and boys. It wasn't fair, really, when he thought about Kinder Eggs and especially the pink ones. They had much cooler things in them, but were labelled to be for girls only. Totally wrong!

That was why Kyuhyun now stood in line alone. Well, and thanks to his friends who had ditched him because they couldn't see any more ice cream or cakes without getting sick and instead went off to the Christmas market without him to get drunk once again.

He shrugged. He would enjoy his frozen matcha latte and a slice of cake all by himself in this beautiful café decorated with unicorns. The only problem was to find an unoccupied table or at least a seat.

Oh! Over there was one. Well, someone was seated there already but maybe he could join him?

While Kyuhyun was nearing the table the other turned his head to look out of the window.

Oh dear, it was him of all people! Should he ask anyway if he could sit on the other chair? The last time they had met their departure hadn't been all that good. What a dilemma though. This guy was definitely his type and he really wanted to get to know him. Caught up in his thoughts he didn't realize that he had already moved to the table and that the other eyed him expectantly with a raised eyebrow.

He gulped. “Can I sit here?”