Three: It's Just a Game (Or Is It?)

The Second Summer of the Boys

The next morning, the boys actually got up in time for the breakfast bell at eight am sharp (Johnny swore he'd never do it again). They got their breakfast, and as Sehun was too busy to give them things to do, the kids who'd come last year showed the newbies all around camp. Down the path to all the different cabins, explaining what age groups lived in which, over the bridges, to the dried up streams, by the ledge, around the pool and the art shack and the store, even directing them down to the beach. All in all, it was a great day. 

Once night had fallen, normally anyone would have been tired, but the excitement of their first real day at camp filled them with too much adrenaline to sleep just yet. 

"We should play truth or dare," Donghyuck suggested when all eighteen boys crowded in cabin E2 to hang out. The older kids cheered, while the younger ones and the newbies looked confused. 

"Isn't that kinda lame?" Jeno asked. 

"Not with us," Ten responded. 

"We like to go a little crazy," Johnny added. 

" yeah!" Chenle cheered, and everyone glared at him for being too young. Everyone agreed, and they gathered in a circle in the center of the cabin. 

Johnny nudged Taeil's rib before reaching to hold his hand. 

"O-okay, I guess I'll start," Taeil spoke when he recovered the ability to breath (it was still hard for him to imagine Johnny was his boyfriend, even if they'd cuddled all last night). "Taeyong, truth or dare?"

"Let's start this game off right. I'll go with dare." 

"Uh....braid Ten's hair." 

Everyone else groaned. "That's so lame! You really wanna start the game off with that?" Ten complained. 

"Just go braid his ing hair, Taeyong." 

Taeyong rolled his eyes but Ten turned sideways, his back facing Taeyong. Taeyong proceeded to put Ten's short hair into little braids. 

"It probably looks ugly," Ten whined. 

"Nothing we haven't seen before on you," Doyoung teased. 

"I hate you all," he groaned. Go babe," Ten said to Taeyong. 

"Uh, Johnny, truth or dare?" 

"I'll go with truth," Johnny said, not really wanting to humiliate him and his new boyfriend right off the bat.

"How far have you gone? You know what I mean." 

"Uh, I've had ," Johnny answered candidly. Jisung, Chenle, Jaemin, and Jeno's jaws practically dropped onto the floor. 

"With who?" Taeyong cried. 

"Just some kid at my school. We were drunk at a party; no big deal really." 

Immediately Taeil snatched his hand away from Johnny's, curling up in a ball and scooting away from him. Johnny shot him a concerned look, but Taeil avoided his gaze. Johnny tried to mouth to him, but Doyoung (who was sitting next to him) slapped his arm. 

"Go, it's your turn," Doyoung whined. 

"Yuta, truth or dare?" 

"I'm gonna go with dare, since I'm not boring." 

Johnny thought for a moment. "Kiss Sichengie on your favorite body part of his. Other than his face." 

Yuta grinned and Sicheng blushed as Yuta tugged down the side of Sicheng's shirt, pressing a kiss to his collarbone. 

"That was...less y than I thought it would be," Taeyong complained. 

"Come on, that was kinda hot," Donghyuck responded. Sicheng whimpered and Yuta wrapped an arm around his waist. 

"Me?" Yuta said. "Alright, Kun, truth or dare?" 

"I'm kind of afraid to pick dare since I'm new, so I'll go with truth." 

Yuta decided to go easy on him. "Who do you think the cutest guy here is?" 

"Sicheng," Kun answered without question. Immediately Yuta's expression turned into a glare, and Sicheng just looked around awkwardly. 

"That's my boyfriend but okay I guess," Yuta mumbled very quietly, and then cleared his throat. 

"Is it my turn?" Kun asked, and the others nodded at him uncomfortably. "So, uh, Doyoung, truth or dare?" 

"I'll pick truth. I don't feel like getting up," Doyoung answered, leaning on Jaehyun's shoulder. 

"How did you and Doyoung get together?" He asked. 

"So he does know how to recognize a couple," Yuta mumbled. 

"Don't be weird," Sicheng mumbled back to him. 

"Well, so...." Doyoung began to smile just at the memory, and the awkward feeling in the room dissipated. "Last year at camp, both of us liked each other but we didn't know it. So Taeyong gave Jaehyun a bunch of coffee and convinced him to confess, and he did! He was really really high on caffiene though...it was really cute," Doyoung admitted. 

While Doyoung was telling the story, Johnny turned to Taeil, who was still ignoring him. 

"Is something wrong?" He whispered in Taeil's ear. Taeil just waved him away, glaring at the floor, and despite Johnny's hurt expression he just moved back. 

"Alright, it's time. Ten, truth or dare?" Doyoung asked. 

"You know what? it. I'm gonna go with truth." 

"Ooh! Okay, how far did you and Taeyong go during the school year?"

"I mean," Ten started, and the couple shared a look and smiled. "We had phone and stuff." 

Again, the younger boys looked shocked, but the older ones were in no way surprised. 

"My turn! Jaehyun, truth or dare?" 

"You guys have been boring so far, so I'm gonna go with dare." 

"Alright, smack Doyoung's ." 

Both Jaehyun and Doyoung flushed bright pink and, for the third time, the younger boys looked shocked. 

"Guys, we shouldn't be so ual in front of Jisung," Johnny complained. 

"Says the person who's actually had ," Taeil mumbled, but nobody heard him. 

"Yeah, he's like nine," Taeyong added. 

Jisung made an angry expression. "I'm eleven, so shut the up." 

Everyone fell silent. 

"You know what?" Johnny spoke. "Maybe it's fine." 

After an awkward cough on Jungwoo's part, the game continued. 

"Alright, I guess I've gotta go...uh...smack my boyfriend's ...uh, Doyoung..." Jaehyun stuttered. Doyoung dramatically rolled his eyes and sat up so Jaehyun could do it. 

Jaehyun slapped Doyoung's pretty hard, chuckling and moving back to his own spot. 

"That kinda hurt!" Doyoung cried. 

"Jaehyun just his lips, holy ," Ten teased. 

"I hated that," Doyoung responded. 

"Me too," Jaehyun said, then gave Doyoung a -eating grin. "Only because it was in public," he mumbled. 

"You know you're barely older than Jisung, right?" Doyoung whined. 

"At least I'm in high school! Anyways, you know I'm just teasing," Jaehyun replied. Doyoung glared at his boyfriend but rested his shoulder back on his head anyways. 

"Is it my turn? Okay, Sicheng, truth or dare?" Jaehyun asked. 

"Uh, I'll go with dare," Sicheng responded shyly. "To keep it interesting." 

Jaehyun giggled. " Yuta's cheek." 

"You're so weird," Sicheng mumbled quietly, but leaned over and Yuta's cheek. He immediately made a face. 

"How does your face taste gross?" Sicheng asked softly. Everyone around the room laughed, and Yuta pouted adorably. Sicheng gave him a gentle smile before looking around at the room to see who hadn't gone yet. 

"Oh! Jungwoo, truth or dare?" He asked. 

"Um...I'll pick truth?" Jungwoo asked nervously. He didn't want to get dared to do something crazy; they hadn't been that bad so far but he had a feeling they'd get worse. 

"What do you think of us so far?" Sicheng asked, gesturing to Jungwoo's fellow campers. 

"You guys are kinda weird and a little crazy....but I really like it. It's really fun so far, and you're all nice. Anyways...I-I'm gay, and I don't really have gay friends at home, so it's nice to be around people like me," Jungwoo quietly admitted. 

"Jungwoo! You're with your people!" Ten cried lovingly. 

"You're one of us now, I promise," Doyoung added. 

"Th-thank you guys," Jungwoo responded softly, looking around the room. Yukhei was the first person who caught his eye (like he had the first day), so he asked him. 

"Yukhei, truth or dare?" 

"Dare," Yukhei answered with a confident chuckle. Jungwoo grinned suspiciously. Now that he had already gone, he could give crazy dares without fear of retaliation. 

"Um...I dare you to kiss the cutest person in the room," he responded with a grin. Everyone released a collective 'ooh!' and Jungwoo wondered who it would be. Obviously, Jungwoo thought Yukhei was very handsome (probably the handsomest person he'd ever seen in real life), but he wasn't holding out any hope. 

Until Yukhei was sitting in front of him, a smirk stretched on his face. 

"Wh-what?" Jungwoo asked shyly, his face much too close to Yukhei's for his liking, his cheeks turning pink and his breathing growing faster. 

"You said kiss the cutest person in the room, right? Well..." Yukhei responded. 

"O-oh," Jungwoo stuttered, all his previous confidence gone. Even though a big part of him wanted this, this wasn't the way it was supposed to happen! This was his first kiss, for god's sake. 

But Yukhei's smile was so pretty, and the idea of kissing him gave Jungwoo too many butterflies to say no, so... "Uh, okay," Jungwoo responded. 

Yukhei giggled a little and pushed Jungwoo's hair off to the side as the other campers leaned in closer, watching their Jungwoo's first kiss closely. But Jungwoo didn't even notice as Yukhei tilted his head and leaned in closer, and Jungwoo figured he should close his eyes. 

Jungwoo felt like his whole body was melting when Yukhei's lips finally pressed against his. He blushed immediately, his heart pouding loud enough to drown out the cheers of the other campers, when he realized maybe he should kiss back. So he did and Yukhei let one hand rest, still tucking Jungwoo's dark hair behind his ear. 

Jungwoo knew he must have looked pathetic when Yukhei pulled away, his cheeks pink and eyes wide, but Yukhei just grinned back at him, the most genuine smile he'd seen from him all camp. Yukhei pecked Jungwoo's lips quickly as a surprise, then sat back down next to Renjun on the other side of the circle. 

When Jungwoo's senses finally returned to him (even though he wouldn't truly be a functioning person until the next day), Yukhei was dazedly smiled back at him. 

"Go Yukhei, it's your turn," Renjun said. 

"Oh!" Yukhei responded, physically shaking his head. "Mark, truth or dare?" 

"Uh, dare," Mark responded. 

"Nibble on Donghyuck's ear." 

"Weirdo," Donghyuck commented as Mark leaned over, nibbling on his boyfriends ear. 

Mark pulled away and looked at Donghyuck with a confused expression. 

"I won't say that was the iest thing ever, but it wasn't bad," Donghyuck explained. Mark shrugged and nodded and looked around the room. 

"Renjun, truth or dare?" 

"Truth. There's no ing way I'm nibbling on anyone's ears."

"Uh...who do you think is cute at camp?"

"Uh, no one? I'm actually straight," Renjun explained. Everyone looked back at him with varying degrees of shock on their faces. 

"Wait, you're what?" Ten asked. 

"Not for long," Donghyuck mumbled under his breath. Renjun immediately smacked his wrists. 

"I didn't think straight people came to this camp," Sicheng mumbled. 

"It doesn't advertise this place as being a gay camp. My parents had no idea when they sent me here," Renjun said. "I mean, I don't mind. I just am not gonna kiss any of you. Sorry." 

"It's not like any of us wanted to," Chenle responded. Renjun shot him a thick glare, and Chenle responded with a dolphin like laugh.

"That's the best laugh I've ever heard!" Yukhei cried. 

"Ugh," Renjun said, with feeling. "Jeno, truth or dare." 

"Dare," Jeno responded confidentally. 

"Go slap your least favorite person at camp in the face." 

"Here, let me make this easier for you," Donghyuck groaned, sitting down in front of Jeno. "You're a genius, you know?" He spoke to Renjun. "Planning out an entire dare just so you could watch me get smacked in the face." 

"Hey, I did it myself last year. Wanted to watch the show this year," Renjun responded. 

"Alright, get it over with," Donghyuck said to Jeno. Jeno giggled and smacked Donghyuck across the face. 

"," Donghyuck grimaced, and Mark rubbed his cheek when he sat back down in his place in the circle. 

"That wasn't hard enough!" Renjun whined at Jeno. 

"Hyuck, truth or dare?" Jeno asked, ignoring Renjun. 

"Wow, you wanna hurt me not once but twice? What a great ing friend," Donghyuck said sarcastically. "I pick dare." 

"I wanna make it up to you! I dare you to kiss Mark with tongue for ten seconds." 

"Ah, see, at least Jeno has a soul, unlike Renjun," Donghyuck responded, tilting Mark's chin towards him and capturing his lips in a deep kiss. 

Although they'd been going out since the end of camp last year, they'd only ever kissed a few times: once on the last day of camp, and maybe four times on the first couple days of this camp (they lived across state lines so they couldn't see each other during the school year). So they were inexperienced when it came to each other, they'd never kissed quite like this before. 

But to Mark's surprise it was evident Donghyuck had done this before, swiping his tongue against Mark's lower lip before pressing into his mouth. Mark, on the other hand, had no idea what he was doing, hesitantly sticking his tongue around. 

"Your time is up!" Jeno said.

"That was...disgusting to watch," Taeyong admitted. 

"Yeah...I hated that," Doyoung added. While the others complained, Mark turned to Donghyuck. 

"How did you learn to do that? French kissing?" Mark whispered. 

"Didn't I say I was no stranger to spin the bottle last year? They called me the king of it in seventh grade," Donghyuck bragged. 

"I thought you were making that up," Mark responded with a giggle. Donghyuck just grinned back at him proudly. "Well..." Mark started again. "I was terrible at it, wasn't I?" 

"Not the worst," Donghyuck lied to make Mark feel better. "We'll work on it," he added. 

"My turn!" Donghyuck cried, smirking at Jaemin. "Truth or dare?"

Jaemin looked panicked. "T-truth," he responded, fearing what Donghyuck could do. 

"Who do you think is the cutest boy at camp?" Donghyuck asked carefully. 

Jaemin immediately glared at Donghyuck. Donghyuck already knew who Jaemin thought was the cutest boy at camp, in fact, Donghyuck knew who Jaemin liked (Jaemin had confessed it last year after Donghyuck had admitted to him just how much he liked Mark), and now, he was forcing him to admit it to the boy himself. 

"Uh....Jeno," Jaemin quietly admitted. He wanted to scream; Jeno was his best friend at camp! Now it would be so awkward. Jaemin avoided Jeno's eyes carefully, so he couldn't see that Jeno was fiercely blushing. "Chenle, truth or dare?" He asked, trying to get the attention off of himself. 

"Truth!"

"Who is the cutest couple at camp?" He asked quickly. 

"Uh, I think Taeyong and Ten. They're always so clingy to each other and give each other heart eyes." 

"You wouldn't think they were cute if you slept in my bed," Yukhei said dejectedly. 

"Aw! Chenle thinks we're cute together!" Ten and Taeyong squealed, genuinely excited for the young boy's approval. 

"Okay, I guess it's my turn then. Jisung, truth or dare?" Chenle asked with a sneaky look in his eyes. 

"Uh, dare?" Jisung responded, figuring they wouldn't give him something too bad since he was the youngest. 

"I dare you to swap beds with Jungwoo," Chenle responded. 

"Wait, doesn't that mean..." Jisung trailed off. 

"Yes!" Jungwoo screamed. "No more floor!" 

"Just for tonight," Chenle said, and Jisung breathed a sigh of relief. Anyways, he was kind of curious to see what the older kid's cabin was like. 

"Alright, is it my turn now?" Jisung asked, looking around the room. "Taeil, truth or dare?"

"Truth," Taeil said bluntly, still curled up in a ball, about a foot of space still separating him from Johnny. Johnny kept giving him upset looks and tried to talk to him, but Taeil bluntly ignored him. 

"What are your favorite things about Johnny?" Jisung asked. 

Taeil sighed and rolled his eyes. "I don't know anymore." 

"Alright guys let's go to bed!" Taeyong said loudly, trying to stop any awkwardness from coming in. The younger boys, minus Jisung and with the addition of Jungwoo, went to the younger cabin. The others climbed into their beds in the older one. And despite the fact that Taeil got in next to Johnny, he still refused to speak a word to him.