Fifteen: The Worst Thing That Could've Possibly Happened

The Second Summer of the Boys

A/N: Hey guys! Just wanted to let you all know that the poll I discussed in my last author's note is finally up. It's at the end of chapter 14, so PLEASE go and vote! It helps me out so much. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was that period of time between the breakfast bell and lunch bell when the sun shined down bright but not too bright, and it was warm but not too warm, and the morning sleepiness was gone but the afternoon fatigue hadn't quite set in yet. 

It was this period of time when Ten and Taeyong were talking animatedly on the floor of their cabin, the pair alone for the first time in what felt like forever. They had gone to breakfast with the others, eating the pancakes a very disgruntled chef Kyungsoo had put in front of them, before everyone else decided they wanted to hang out at the pool. Everyone had gone back to the cabins to change into swimsuits, but after a brief conversation, Ten and Taeyong had decided they didn't want to go. They needed a quick break, and now they were really appreciating it. 

Taeyong watched Ten as Ten spoke to him, about camp gossip and their kids and the brief thoughts that had crossed his mind during breakfast. Taeyong practically worshipped Ten; the moment Ten had stepped into Taeyong's life he thought he'd entered a dream. Ten was unimaginably pretty: bright eyes, perfect nose, pink lips and wide smile, toned body, small frame that Taeyong could hold tight in his arms. But as beautiful as Ten was, that wasn't the reason Taeyong loved him so damn much. It was his frequent laughter, high pitched talking voice, even his slight snoring when they went to bed. It was the way he smelled, like chlorine and trees and beach and sometimes like the cologne he stole from Jaehyun. It was the way his lips tasted like cherry chapstick and his skin like ocean water. It was his skin, soft as silk, hair like velvet, hugs better than any sweater. It was Ten's playful, teasing attitude, his bright personality, his friendliness towards others, his care for others deep down in his heart. Taeyong was in love, and every day they were apart had become harder and harder. But now that they were reunited there was a certain urgency: Taeyong couldn't waste the little time they had together. 

But there was Ten, reminding him to take it slow and appreciate this little time they could be with one another. Everything Ten did just made Taeyong fall harder. 

The cabin was warm from the morning sunlight, enough that Ten and Taeyong could wear just their swimsuits and be perfectly warm. 

"I'm glad we just stayed here. It's nice and quiet," Ten said softly. 

"I know, right?" Taeyong answered. "I love the others but sometimes I just need to be alone with you." 

"You know I'll always love you more," Ten admitted in an uncharacteristically shy voice. 

"What about our kids?" Taeyong cried, feigning shock. 

"Well," Ten said with a chuckle. "Maybe not more than them." 

Taeyong pouted sweetly and Ten couldn't help but smile. Taeyong didn't often show his cute side to the public, but he always showed that side in front of Ten. Even though Ten liked Taeyong's brooding, y side, Ten was in love with the sweet, adorable, and caring side of Taeyong's personality. 

"Come on, it's a parents duty to love their kids more than anyone else!" Ten teased. 

"That's true....our kids are the sweetest, aren't they." 

"Definitely. I hope they're having a good time right now."

"They love the pool," Taeyong answered, brushing Ten's hair out of his eyes. "They won't get bored there without us. They'll play sports with Jeno and Jaemin and Yukhei and stuff." 

"Those olders boy better go easy on them," Ten said with overdramatic vigor. "Or else they've got another thing coming." 

"What, like you're gonna beat them up?" Taeyong teased. Ten pouted, his fist about to lightly bump Taeyong chest before Taeyong grabbed it with his hand. A smile on his lips he pulled Ten closer on the floor, an adoring look in his eyes as he leaned closer. 

He surprised Ten with a soft and gentle kiss on the lips, looking at him as if he was the only thing in the world. 

"I'm so lucky," he mumbled suddenly. 

"What for?" Ten responded with a light chuckle. 

"To have you," he spoke seriously as Ten tried to hide his bright smile. "I'm serious," Taeyong added, looking up into Ten's eyes. "Who else gets to meet their soulmate when they're fifteen?"

"It's true. We only met a year ago but it feels like it's been so long," Ten responded. 

"It's amazing....like, we're gonna be together forever. And I'm really excited for it." 

"Yeah...I know..." 

Taeyong seized forward and captured Ten's lips another kiss, more passionate and powerful this time. Ten kissed back with just as much love, the two pressing so close together than they almost toppled over onto the old wooden floors of the cabin. Ten tangled his hands in Taeyong's hair to hold him close, his fingers lacing through those blond-ish silver-ish locks. 

"You know how much I love you, right?" Taeyong asked. Ten simply nodded. 

"And you know I feel the same." Taeyong nodded back. 

Ten leaned in and kissed Taeyong again, more gently this time. Taeyong's eyes fluttered shut as his hand rested on Ten's bare waist, his finger tracing circles in the skin. Ten reached up to Taeyong, breathing in his pure clean scent, as sunlight glowed through the cracks in the walls. 

Taeyong pulled away slowly, his breathing heavy. "Maybe," he spoke between slow pants, "We should move to the bed." 

"Yeah, the floor is pretty uncomfortable," Ten answered with a breathy giggle. The two shared a smile and got up, the noise of Taeyong's joints cracking filling the empty cabin as they climbed up onto their top bunk. 

"You're an old man," Ten teased. 

"Fatherhood does that to you," Taeyong answered, placing a quick kiss to Ten's lips. "But you still love me," he added, giving his boyfriend a real kiss this time. 

"Always," Ten mumbled against his lips in a quick break before capturing them once again. 

The two kissed gently for only a moment before Taeyong's hands found their way to Ten's body again, one hand on his waist and the other on his thighs. The boys weren't exactly known for being chaste; their teenage hormones raged in the few moments they could be alone. 

Ten couldn't even explain how much he'd missed Taeyong over the school year. Calls, skype sessions, texts, snapchats, none of it was ever enough. Social media always helped, but the physical distance was practically unbearable. He'd missed everything about Taeyong: his intelligence, devotion, caring and loving attitude, beautiful looks, everything. It was the big things, like the way he knew what Ten was thinking without a word being spoken between them, to the little things, like the way he smelled, just like air freshener. It was his weird little movements when he forgot how to be a person rather than a robot, it was his rough, dye worn hair, it was the little scar by his eye, it was his gangly teen boy body. It was his smooth voice and high laugh, the noises he made when he ate really good food, the way he would mumble how much he loved Ten into his ear before they went to sleep. It was  the hour long showers Taeyong took, the way he obsessively cleaned Chenle and Jisung's cabin when the little ones were out, the way he always smelled like air freshener and tasted like toothpaste to the point of being weird, but Ten found it adorable. It was the little touches Taeyong gave, protective hands on Ten's thigh, kisses in private and in front of anyone, hands snaking around his waist during activities the others had dragged them to, finger playing with his hair and absentmindedly braiding little strands. Ten was in love with every part of Taeyong. He'd loved him before but now, he'd taken it a step further: he trusted him, fully and completely. 

Taeyong's hand pushed up Ten's swimsuit leg slightly and Ten released a noise into Taeyong's mouth. 

"What is it?" Taeyong asked immediately, both of them panting for air, the heat rising in the cabin. 

"Nothing," Ten answered with a small smile. "Just...felt good." 

Ten grinned brightly now and flopped down onto the bed, waggling his fingers for Taeyong to come closer. Taeyong climbed on top of him, smiling softly before kissing Ten deeply once again. 

Ten pushed him away slightly and confused, Taeyong looked back at him. 

"You know, last year....I trusted you. And I thought I was ready. But I wasn't back then." 

"For what?"

"You know...," Ten clarified. "But, if you want to...I think it's time. We've been together a year. We've done a lot of other stuff together. We even have kids." 

"You're like the Mary," Taeyong teased. "Kids but no ." 

"I personally think that's not the way for me anyways. I always wanted first, then kids." 

"I want to, badly," Taeyong admitted, hands caressing Ten's bare stomach and hips. "But only if you are. I mean, I don't want you to be pressured like last year..." 

"I'm not, I promise," Ten answered, nodding and looking up at Taeyong with a serious expression. "I've thought it over quite a bit. I'm definitely ready." 

Ten and Taeyong shared a long look, eye contact intense as they silent searched within each other to see if it was right. With them, so much was wordless, and both of them needed the silent conformation that now was the time. 

"A-alright then," Taeyong stuttered nervously, after they'd finally made sure it was right, pressing himself closer. "Let's do it."

~~~~~~~~~~

Ten released a loud groan, his lower lip caught between his teeth, as he felt himself grow closer and closer to his finishing point. 

"F-, Ten," Taeyong responded, and he sound just as wrecked as Ten did with Ten moving up and down, straddling his waist. 

", I'm gonna-" Ten began just as the door to the cabin burst open and Jisung stepped inside. 

The eleven year old boy looked at them with wide curious eyes as Ten released a scream, getting off of Taeyong and immediately ducking under the covers. Ten stared pointedly at the blanket covering both of their bodies while Taeyong couldn't stop looking at Jisung with the most uncomfortable expression on his face.

"Hey mom and dad. What are you guys doing?" Jisung asked with so much innocence that Ten and Taeyong did not know what to do. 

Ten began to release noises like gibberish as Taeyong looked back and forth at Ten and Jisung, trying to come up with just anything to answer their pseudo-son's question. Sensing the awkwardness, Jisung stayed at the cabin's doorway, but shut the door behind him. 

"Uh...eum..." Ten started. 

"Well...uh...well, when, uh, two people love each other very much-" Taeyong began. 

"Oh! You guys are...uh...doing the ," Jisung said awkwardly, nodding his head and looking at the floor. "Donghyuck explained it to me last year," he added, grimacing along with Ten and Taeyong.

Taeyong physically winced and Jisung managed to look up at the two. "Uh...have fun?" He spoke before ducking out of the door as fast as his legs could take him. 

As soon as he was gone Taeyong released a loud groan and flopped onto his bed. 

"I think that's the worst thing that's ever happened to me," Ten said. 

"Oh, same," Taeyong answered. The two teenage boys, still under the haphazardly thrown blanket, sat in silence. 

"Do you want me to," Ten started, his voice very quiet, "finish you off?"

Taeyong sighed loudly. "Absolutely not," he answered. "I don't think I'll be able to get it up for at least another three days." 

Ten sighed back. "Oh, same."