Thirteen: In My Feelings

The Second Summer of the Boys

"I heard that the art shack opened up the tie dye area," Ten spoke offhandedly during lunch that afternoon. 

"Really?" Mark asked excitedly. Tie-dying shirts was one of his favorite camp activities, especially because of how it connected to his and Donghyuck's relationship. Mark deeply cherished that shirt Donghyuck made him and wore it whenever he was clean (or just whenever he missed Donghyuck back home). 

"That sounds fun!" Jungwoo said excitedly, and quickly finishing their food, the boys ran off to the art shack. 

~~~~~~~~~~

After the boys grabbed their white t-shirts and clothes from their cabins, they ran down to the art shack to start their tie-dye before the younger kids messed up all the colors. In the confusion of running around to grab colors, Jisung and Chenle managed to lose each other, and Jisung was left wandering around the tables set up outside the art shack by himself. 

He clutched his white t-shirt to his chest, trying not to let any flying splashes of dye land on his shirt, while looking around for Chenle. He'd been excited to do this thing with him, so being alone made him feel sort of uncomfortable. He was the youngest member of their friend group by a long shot, so he didn't like to be alone. He preferred to be by Chenle's side, that way he felt a part of everything; he felt safe. 

After doing a loop around the first table he slowly made his way around the second, taking his time, poking his head around corners. 

"Whatcha looking for, Sungie?" Doyoung asked. 

"Do you know where Chenle is?"

Doyoung smiled gently and nodded. "At the head of this table." Jisung grinned and nodded, jogging to the end of the long picnic table. 

He was glad to find Chenle really at the end, tapping his shoulder. Jisung stood just a few inches above Chenle, despite being a year younger, so when Chenle turned around he had to look up at Jisung. 

"Hi!" He spoke in his usual cheerful tone. "I was wondering where you went."

"Y-yeah. I guess I got lost," Jisung responded, still clutching his shirt. Chenle looked down at his work, putting a tied up shirt into a wet plastic bag before handing it to Jisung. 

"I made you one!" Chenle said with a bright smile. Shyly, Jisung took the plastic bag into his hands, trying not to get the droplets of dye onto his own undyed t-shirt. 

"Th-this is for me?" Jisung asked with surprise. 

"Yeah! I made it just for you." 

"Ah...th-thanks," Jisung responded, looking down and rubbing the nape of his neck. He smiled at the ground and took the bag in his hands. 

Finally he looked up at Chenle. Even though Chenle was smiling back at him, a panic suddenly rose in Jisung- he had to get Chenle something! 

"Eh- um- I'll be right back," Jisung said quietly. 

"Wait, what?" Chenle called after him with a confused expression as Jisung ran away. "Come back!" Chenle cried, but Jisung ignored him. 

Jisung ran around until he found Taeyong and Ten, previously making out behind the art shack until they noticed Jisung coming towards them. 

"Uh, hey Jisung, what's up?" Taeyong asked with an awkward chuckle as Ten pulled up the neck of his shirt to attempt to hide his hickies from the middle schooler. But Jisung didn't notice at all, too worried about his own problems. 

"So, Chenle tie dyed a shirt for me, and I need to make one for him, but I don't know how to do it!" Jisung cried. 

"Sungie, don't freak out," Taeyong said softly, ruffling Jisung's hair. 

"B-but....he spent time making it for me, and I don't have anything to give him," Jisung whined. 

"It was a gift. He's not expecting anything in return," Taeyong explained. 

"B-but dad!" Jisung whined. "I-I gotta!" Taeyong and Ten shared a knowing look before turning back to their sort of son. 

"We'll help you make one then. No problem," Ten answered. 

"Thanks mom," Jisung answered with a shy smile, the three of them walking back to the tie dye tables. "Do you know how to make the spirals?"

Ten and Taeyong shared a secret grimace; last year they'd just made out instead of tie dying. "Uh, yeah, absolutely," Ten lied with an uncomfortable chuckle. 

Taeyong looked over at Jaehyun's collection of shirts before grabbing some rubber bands, tying up Jisung's shirt as similarly as he could. 

"Here ya go! Now put the colors on it."

"What colors does Chenle like?" Jisung asked, unsure of himself. 

"Aren't you his best friend?" Ten teased. 

"I mean, I know he likes bright colors, but I wanted to be sure," Jisung mumbled, starting to dip the shirt in the orange dye, and then another piece in the light blue, putting yellow between them. "I-is it good so far?" 

"Yeah! Of course kiddo," Taeyong responded. "Better than I could do, honestly," he mumbled so only Ten could hear. 

"Hmm, agreed," Ten responded. 

After an extremely long amount of time of Jisung tie dying the shirt and Ten and Taeyong watching him over his shoulder, Jisung was finally finished. He held it up to the light and frowned. 

"It's ," he said. "It's so bad." 

"No swearing!" Taeyong responded. 

"Sorry," Jisung mumbled. "But...it's really bad." 

"What are you talking about? None of the colors are muddy and it fits with Chenle's bright personality," Taeyong responded. 

"Here sweety, I got you a bag. Now go give it to Chenle," Ten added, holding open a plastic bag. Jisung defeatedly put the shirt in and walked over to Chenle. 

"Oh, there you are! I was wondering why you ran away from me," Chenle said with a chuckle. 

"Uh- I- I wanted to thank you for the shirt. So I made one for you," Jisung responded nervously, shoving the bag into Chenle's chest. 

"You made me one?" Chenle cried excitedly. He looked at it for a moment before gently placing the bag at his feet and pulling Jisung into a tight hug. "You're so nice. Thank you so much," Chenle said in Jisung's ear. 

Even though Chenle had just yelled in Jisung's ear, he couldn't stop himself from feeling joyous, a smile blooming on his face. For the life of him, he couldn't figure out why. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Before this day, Yuta didn't know that there was a such thing as aggressive tie dying. But now, he knew that not only was it a thing, it was a thing he did. 

He sat, angrily squeezing red dye onto a shirt as across from him, Sicheng and Kun tie dyed together. Yuta was sick of it. He couldn't take it any more. Sicheng should be by his side, doing the dye together, touching hands and giggling like he always used to. 

Now here Kun was, doing the job he was supposed to have. Their hands kept brushing, and Yuta knew for a fact that it wasn't an accident (at least on Kun's part). He had to say something. He had to say something or else he'd explode, or at least ruining this shirt he was trying to tie dye. 

He stood up and marched over to Sicheng and Kun. Sicheng didn't seem to notice his presence at all. Kun did, but he pretended not to, his eyes flickering up to Yuta then back toward Sicheng with a miniscule smirk on his lips. 

"Can you step off?" Yuta practically growled into Kun's ear. He tried to control his voice, but he'd been suppressing his anger so long that it didn't come out that way. 

"What did you say?" Kun responded with a eating grin. Yuta knew Kun heard exactly what he said. But he'd answered loud enough to get Sicheng's attention, and Yuta couldn't act like an aggressive, possessive guy in front of him. Yuta narrowed his eyes at Kun, his mind churning over what a manipulative he was.

"Yuta!" Sicheng cried excitedly. "Come here." Sicheng grinned suddenly and grabbed Yuta's wrist, dragging him a way from a confused Kun. He himself was quite confused too, especially since they didn't stop until Sicheng had dragged him behind the art shack (where they were surprisingly alone, Yuta briefly wondered where Ten and Taeyong were). 

"I made you this," Sicheng said softly, holding up a tie dyed shirt. It was all different shades of purple, curling into a spiral pattern. It was actually beautiful; Yuta wouldn't have been surprised if he'd seen it in an actual store. 

"For me?" Yuta asked. Sicheng grinned brightly and nodded. "But babe, why'd you drag me all the way back here just to give it to me?"

"Because I want you to put it on now," Sicheng giggled sweetly. Obviously, Yuta could never turn down a request from his Sicheng. So he quickly tossed his own shirt off and put on the one Sicheng made him (not noticing Sicheng's throat go dry and cheeks turn pink when he saw Yuta's shirtless form briefly). 

"It's so comfy," Yuta said, grinning at Sicheng. Sicheng giggled back at him, turning to grab his wrist, but Yuta grabbed his hand instead. He finally had Sicheng alone and away from Kun; he wasn't going to waste his time. 

Since Kun shared a cabin with him and Sicheng, Yuta felt weird about giving Sicheng any more physical affection than just a peck on the lips. So Yuta was going to get that real kiss he'd been craving for days now. Pulling Sicheng in close to him, Sicheng's eyes glued desperately to Yuta's face, Yuta cupped his chin softly. Sicheng was by no means short but Yuta love the way he was just a tad bit taller, Sicheng's eyes directed up to stare at Yuta's lips. Yuta knew Sicheng wanted it too, their chests pressed together, and Yuta leaned in. 

Relief washed over Yuta when Sicheng kissed back, deep and serious, holding onto Yuta's broad shoulders. Yuta's fingers traced the different planes of Sicheng's pretty face, the dip beneath his eyes, his cheekbones, his jaw, his ear, his neck. Yuta tried to show Sicheng in that kiss just how much he loved and adored him

And Sicheng was kissing Yuta back the same way, full of love and adoration, giving all of himself to Yuta. Yuta had to wonder then, what was it with Kun? Why was Sicheng spending so much more time with him? Yuta knew deep in his heart that Sicheng loved Yuta the most...then why was all of this even happening in the first place. 

But as Sicheng pulled away, a perfect blush dusting his pretty cheeks, Yuta didn't have the heart to ask. He didn't want Sicheng to know how upset and jealous and possessive he really was, so he couldn't. 

Sicheng grinned beautifully and placed a gentle kiss to his lips, slowly pulling away. Yuta grinned back at Sicheng; he was perfect. Yuta pecked his forehead and brushed back his hair affectionately, wanting another kiss. 

"We should go back to the others," Sicheng said with laughter in his voice, adjusting the shirt he gave Yuta on his body. "They're probably wondering where we are. We don't wanna turn into Ten and Taeyong, right?" 

At once, Yuta's smile disappeared. He nodded, following Sicheng back to the art shack, wondering when they could really be together again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: hey guys! Sorry for disappearing for a couple days; work and finals have been really draining to me and i haven't been able to write. it's finally the weekend and my brain has even short-circuited. I'd just like to remind everyone also that i LOVE KUN! He's my china line/nct vision bias and top 6 in my bias list. I just made him the villan in this story, so

a. he'd have a bigger role despite being single

b. bc he was left over from the couples. 

I hope nobody misunderstands. I love Kun and think he's an angel sent by god to bless the earth. I promise i love him. im sorry im so mean to him in this story.