Twenty-Two: Boys In Love

The Second Summer of the Boys

Johnny and Taeil awoke the next morning to smirks and giggles from the other campers who shared their cabin. 

"I'm too tired for this," Johnny groaned as Jaehyun looked at him and giggled. Taeil put a pillow over his head as Johnny tried to surreptitiously slip back on his clothes under the covers. 

"I really didn't think you guys would be next," Taeyong teased. 

"To ?" Johnny asked, and Taeyong nodded. 

"Then who would it be?" Taeil groaned from under the pillow; the afternoon with Johnny had been great, but he really didn't want to get questioned about his first time. 

"We are the oldest," Johnny added. 

"I dunno...it's that Taeil seems so..." Taeyong started. 

"Prudish," Ten finished. Taeil immediately chucked the pillow at them. 

"You know, for being the four oldest, you guys really are acting childish," Doyoung teased. 

"I'm hungry," Sicheng mumbled, slipping on flip flops in his pjs. 

"Let's get to the dining hall then," Yuta said, wrapping his arm around Sicheng's shoulders. What Sicheng wanted, Yuta made sure he got, so they all got up and headed out to meet the others. 

As the couple Kun brushed past the couple, they both politely waved hello, and he waved back. Although there was a melancholy look in his eyes, there was a smile on his lips, and Yuta and Sicheng knew things were getting better every day. Maybe he did play a big part in causing their rift, but he wasn't entirely to blame; both Yuta and Sicheng played a role in it too. They went to the others and Kun walked beside Renjun and Chenle, talking happily. Yuta and Sicheng had set up Renjun and Kun (as friends, of course) the day before since they were from the same state, and they were becoming fast friends already. 

At the dining hall, the couple ate quietly, mostly just listening to the others around them. They knew their conflict had brought everyone else down too, and they knew it might take a while for everyone to appreciate them again. But, they knew that everyone was happy that they were back together. 

But after breakfast, when Mark suggested they go to the store and then the grassy field for sports and a picnic, Sicheng and Yuta shared a look. 

"I think we're gonna dip," Yuta said. 

"You cannot have the cabin," Ten responded insistently. 

"That's fine. We were thinking of going to the ledge instead anyways." Sicheng answered. 

And that's where they went, interlacing their fingers and walking out of the dining hall as soon as they finished eating. They shared a smile, and Sicheng briefly rested his head on Yuta's shoulder as they walked across the bridge. 

"We need to make up for lost time," Yuta said with a smile. Sicheng nodded and grinned back, and they began to walk up the rocks to the spot on the ledge. 

The pair simoultaneously sighed contentedly when they'd reached the top of the ledge. The view was breathtaking: the sun behind them shone down on the trees, light filtering through their hair, growing warmer but with a refreshing breeze keeping things just right. The sounds of ruffling leaves and birds chirping blocked out the noises of the other people at camp, and at that moment, Sicheng and Yuta felt like they were the only people in the whole world. 

"It's beautiful," Sicheng mumbled. 

"Just like you," Yuta answered. Sicheng looked up and Yuta was smiling back at him. He sighed gently, running his fingers through Sicheng's hair. "I really did miss you." 

"I missed you too." Sicheng looked down shamefully. "I'm sorry that-"

"No, let's not do this," Yuta interrupted, cupping his chin. "We've spent enough time apologizing. Let's use the rest of the time we have to relax with each other." 

Sicheng hummed back. "Y-yeah, you're right, Yuta." 

Yuta quickly pecked his lips, the two sharing a loving smile before looking back out at the gorgeous view. 

"You mean the world to me, Sicheng. You're my everything." Yuta put his hand over Sicheng's, still looking out at the forest before them. 

"Me too, Yuta. I really love you." 

"What do you like about me?" Yuta asked, partially teasing, partially out of genuine curiosity. 

"Gosh, there's so many things," Sicheng admitted with a giggle. "Appearance or personality?" 

"Both," Yuta answered with a grin. 

"I'll start with your looks because I wanna save the best for last. Um...well, this is really superficial but you're super strong looking, you know? Your arms are buff and stuff." Yuta immediately smiled at Sicheng with pride. "I really like your arms," Sicheng repeated, squeezing his bicep before continuing. "You're really tall, and you give the best hugs, and you smell like guy smell in a good way. I like...I like you best when you smile. Your smile is really pretty, and it makes your whole face look good, and the best kisses you give are when you smile into them." 

Yuta watched Sicheng affectionately as Sicheng told him, and Yuta thought his heart would burst with love. 

"Your personality....I mean, you're really funny. You always make everyone laugh, on accident and on purpose. You don't take yourself too seriously and I really like that. You have the biggest heart in the world, and you have a lot of...empathy, that's the word. You're not afraid to feel things too. That's something I'm sort of working on and you're a good example for me. You are forgiving and you understand people really well. I think, my favorite thing about you though, is that you protect the people you love. Especially me." Sicheng emphasized his last words with a shy chuckle. "You are two years older than me, so it only makes sense, but like, you always just want me to be happy, and I like it a lot. You make sure I'm alright." 

"That's because I love you, baby," Yuta answered, tilting Sicheng's chin upward. "More than anything else." 

"And I love you too. I think what I just said made that clear, though." 

"It's...really nice to hear those things," Yuta spoke softly. "I do feel loved." 

"Do me!" Sicheng cheered. 

Yuta chuckled. "Okay baby. Hm, I guess I'll do your looks first. I love the way your hair makes a little curl when it goes over your forehead, I love the color of your eyes, your button nose, your pretty pink lips....I could go on all day, Sicheng. I love your ears; you blush so adorably when I kiss them, I love your waist and hips, I love that even though you're so lanky and tall, you feel so small in my arms." Yuta sighed lovingly. "I love the taste of your mouth when I kiss you, the smell of your shampoo, when you snuggle into me and when you reach for my hand, but you're embarrassed about it so you turn your head away." 

Sicheng shyly turned his head from all the praise, and Yuta carressed his cheek. "I love how just sweet you are. There's not a mean bone in your body, I swear. I love how you give everyone a chance, you're not judgemental at all. I love how you always laugh so freely, and how you're almost always just naturally happy. I think...I think what I love most of all about you is your innocence. I mean-- I'm not saying you're naive. I'm saying that you look at every experience as fresh, and you're always excited to try new things, and being around you makes life just so exciting. It really is a privilege to love you." 

Sicheng buried his head in the crook of Yuta's neck. "You really think that about me?"

"Mmh-hmm," Yuta answered brightly, kissing the back of Sicheng's head. "You should know how head over heels I am, by this point." 

Sicheng wrapped his arms around Yuta tightly. "I don't wanna go home," he groaned into Yuta's chest. 

"We've got a week left baby." 

"Not really, the last day barely counts." 

Yuta pulled Sicheng onto his lap. "I don't wanna go either. Then I won't get to see you for so long." 

"Yeah...plus my parents..." Sicheng responded. 

Yuta sighed. "They don't like me, right?"

"For no reason. They don't even know you....I mean, it's not you. They say I'm too young to date, but I don't even really think it's that. I think they don't like that they can't control our relationship, since you don't live nearby, and we see each other at camp." 

"What do you mean?" Yuta asked, playing with Sicheng's t-shirt. 

"I dunno....they just want to always know everything I'm doing, you know, they don't give me any privacy. They don't know everything we do together since it's at camp and online and stuff, and they just...don't like it."

Yuta hummed and nodded. "Maybe if I proved that I was good to you they'd like me." 

"I really hope so," Sicheng said sadly. 

"We don't have time to be sad, baby," Yuta spoke gently. Sicheng smiled a little and Yuta held onto his hips to keep him steady. "We can think about that stuff later." 

Sicheng hummed and pressed himself closer to Yuta with a gentle sigh. Yuta grinned, he knew what Sicheng wanted, so he leaned in and gave Sicheng a deep kiss. Sicheng returned the kiss with just as much intensity, letting Yuta take control right away, just how he liked. 

Yuta sighed against Sicheng's mouth. Since their relationship had been rocky for most of camp this summer, they hadn't really gotten a chance to do anything a little less...innocent than what they usually did. The most physical contact they'd had were brief kisses and cuddling at night, but that was nothing but pure. Yuta knew Sicheng wasn't ready for real stuff, but he had been looking forward to a little make out time (especially since Kun had been there during their primary make out opportunity, the teen movie night). 

Surprisingly, Sicheng was the one who pressed his tongue against Yuta's lips, begging for entrance. Yuta gave it, and figured Sicheng wanted this just as bad as he did. Sicheng's hands gripped Yuta's broad shoulders twice and he was as close to Yuta as he could possibly be in this position, straddled across his lap. In a act of boldness Yuta slipped his hands into the back pockets of Sicheng's jeans, but Sicheng just responded by pressing harder against Yuta's lips, so he figured he enjoyed it. 

Yuta decided this was getting a little uncomfortable; he wanted more room so he lowered both himself and Sicheng until they were laying down on the rocks. It was a bit uncomfortable, when how could they mind when they were two teenagers with a little bit of privacy and a lot of time on their hands?

Yuta flipped them over so he was on top and began to trail kisses along Sicheng's neck, Sicheng releasing little noises beneath him. Yuta gave him a smile, remembering that Sicheng had enjoyed hickies last year, and began to leave marks. Part of him loved the way they clearly made Sicheng feel, but a little part of him maybe wanted to show Kun one last time just who Sicheng's real love was.

Yuta had just finished his handiwork on Sicheng's neck and was reaching up to kiss him again when suddenly, the lunch bell sounded, interrupting Yuta and Sicheng's alone time. 

"Have we really been here that long?" Sicheng mumbled with a giggle, his breaths hot on Yuta's lips. 

"Guess so," Yuta responded, his voice a pitch or two lower than before. "Are you ready?"

Sicheng nodded, getting off of Yuta and helping him up. They looked at each other briefly, smiles on their lips, before taking each other's hands and starting to walk down the ledge. 

"I wish it could always be like this. Just you and me forever," Sicheng said, rubbing his head against Yuta's shoulder. 

They made it down to the bridge and began to walk across, Yuta leaving a kiss on Sicheng's head. "One day, it will be baby. I promise."