Nine

The Curse

She has never been afraid of meetings before. Being a ruler demands that of you but as she sits in the big wooden chair, surrounded by people who hold her future in the palm of their hands, she can't help but be nervous.

"You think they'll come?" Hyun Joong asks, looking stern as he sits with the rest of SS501.

"Hakyeon can be a stern at times," Kyungil answers. His eyes sweep over the girl sitting at the far corner of the table and he remembers the proposal Zico gave them.

She does know what she's getting into,  right? He has to accept that the girl is beautiful and her aura is something he has never seen before. It's intriguing, its strong and yet it's fragile.

"Are you sure you want to do this? I mean six men can be a handful. You still have time to back out," he suggests, feeling somewhat protective of her. She reminds him of Dokyun, he was just as strong, just as fragile and now he's dead.

"I don't have a choice," she answers in a small voice, her eyes briefly going to Kyung and then back to the table.

"Hmm," VIXX are good men, he knows that much but Hakyeon's infatuation with Seohyun is widely known as well. He wears his heart on his sleeve for her. Not to mention the fact that he doesn't like being ordered around or compromising, "This is going to be difficult."

The others seem to agree and he watches as she pushes back her shoulders, trying to be brave.

"Similar indeed."

"They better be here in five minutes or VIXX is going to get it from me!" CL looks pissed as she taps her fingers on the table. She didn't come here to wait, she came to deliver the verdict. 2NE1 has better things to do.

Just then the door is opened and the guard walks in with the six alphas in tow.

"Greetings my lords and ladies," Hakyeon flashes them a smile, it's anything but wicked, "You wanted to see us?" His eyes settle on the girl sitting farthest away.

"You," Bom corrects, "we wanted to see you N."

"My apologies," he doesn't look sorry, "but there is no N, there is only VIXX."

"It's a good thing they all came," Hyun Jun speaks, "it concerns all of them after all."

"And are we giving them a choice?" CL  taunts, finally taking her hand off the table.

"Aren't you?" Hakyeon asks, still by the door. His brothers behind him.

"Sadly no," Kyungil answers, "we know what you will say and so we can't give you a choice N."

"So you're going to force us to battle?" Ken questions, taking a step forward. He is not yet sure if he wants the battle to begin or not but he will stand by his brother, no matter what.

"Sooner or later you'll have to fight Ken," Jaeho looks a little sorry for doing this to them but it's for their own good and the people's.

"So we fight for her, we lose our soldiers for her, we bleed for her, for what?" Ravi puts forth the facts, "We are not running a charity here hyung. Our soldiers are not made of clay."

"They have life, their life has value and you're asking us to put them on the line for a stranger? For nothing?" Hakyeon continues. He won't fight this battle, it's hers and she has to handle it on her own.

"It isn't for nothing," Young Saeng counters.

"Yeah? Then what is it for? What do we get in return?"

"Me," the girl speaks up, her eyes on Hakyeon, on all of them, "You get me in return."

There is silence in the room as they absorb her words and then Hakyeon is laughing, a hysterical laugh, a mocking laugh.

"What do you take us as? Some hormone driven teenagers?" He asks.

"No," her voice isn't small anyone, it's determined, "I take you as six brothers who are cursed to share a mate."

"Mate, yes and you should know how that works. We're met on two, three occasions? There had been no spark, no click. I felt nothing. You are not my mate."

"I thought it wasn't just about you," she rebuttals.

"None of us felt anything," Hakyeon corrects.

"Is it?" She seeks the youngest alpha whose eyes haven't left her from the moment they entered.

He blushes and looks away but he has already been caught.

"Hyuk?" The king questions, the betrayal clear in his voice.

"I.....," the said person tries to come up with something but before he could he's interuppted by the eldest.

"What about the rest of us? What makes you think we would choose you?"

She takes a breath and he sees something in her break a little, "Because no respectable woman would do that herself, no one else would offer herself to you."

"Hmm and what does that make you?" She knows the meaning behind his words, understands his castigation.

"This isn't about you or me, my lord. This is about our people, our kingdoms. I am willing to sacrifice myself, are you?" She asks, fire in her eyes, challenge in her voice.

Hakyeon smirks at the naive woman, "Trust me little Omega sacrifice is what you'll be making and regretting."