Four

The Curse

The feeling of being chased by some supernatural beings was so much different than being chased by hunters. For one, she was more confident of being able to outrun the latter and secondly the hunters would not kill her on the spot.

Her body was almost at the verge of giving up. If the effects of that drug don't wear off soon, she'll be a dead wolf. The vampire hot on her heel would make sure of that.

What were the chances of her surviving this? Nil, yes zero. She wasn't that strong to begin with and even if she was, there is no way in hell that she could take on an army of supernatural.

Should she stop and tell them that she was running away from the hunters and accidentally got into their territory? And what about when they enquire as to why she was chased by hunters?

The vampire was almost at an arm's distance now. 

"!" Turning around she stopped abruptly, outstretching her hands,palm out. Broken bones could be dealt with later.

Kihyun slammed chest first into her arms because of his momentum, the impact making both of them fall on their butts. 

"Argh," she groaned, her left arm was definitely broken. Hopefully it would heal once the drug wears off. She didn't have the time to ponder on it as the others were already there. So she jumped on her feet, ready to run for her life.

Which she couldn't because the 'lord' was suddenly in her face, she stumbled and almost fell over but he had suddenly reached out grabbing on her left arm. She howled in pain.
"Let the go!"

He let go but she was already surrounded. Her hopes of making out of there alive almost gone.

'Well looks like it's a good day to die.'

"Oye Kihyun what are you doing on your ?" Jimin asks, a smile on his face.

"She's fiesty alright," Another alpha says, his dimples on display.

"So who are you?" The lord asks, still in her personal space.

Nice question, she thinks. What to say now? 

"A human," she says, supporting her left arm. It hurts like hell.

"Are you now?" The tree fairy, Minhyuk questions.

"Obviously," if they want to kill her then they should because she's tired and irritated.

"I don't believe her," Kihyun, now on his feet interjects.

"Neither do I," The lord says.

She's not in the mood for this, "Believe what you want. It's none of my concern," she snaps. Her legs feel wobbly but she can't give in. She doesn't want to let on how weak she feels.

"A human can't cross through Taehyung's shield," the other three joins them now, smelling of blood. The  alpha Lord is looking down at her with suspicion.

"Let's just skip the interrogation Hakyeon hyung and kill her," Kihyun is by her side in an instant. Her broken arm in a tight grip making her hiss out.

"She could be a spy or a hunter," lord, Hakyeon explains and others nod their approval.

It's then that she feels it, the first snap in her head and then there's a faint voice calling out to her.

They're near.

"Well I am neither," she explains, once more aiming below the belt of the stupid vampire.

"Not again you , I won't fall for that," he says shifting his lower body away from her, face a little down to keep his eyes on the knee that was directed at his already abused crouch but still holding onto her arm.

"I was hoping you'd say that," and then she has driven her knee straight into his chin. There's a cracking sound, it's either her knee cap or his jaw. Either ways she doesn't have time as he howls in pain (once again) and pushes her away.

It's only a moment that all attention shifts to him but that's enough because she jumps into a tree and a shadow is already flying towards her though the canopies.

He grabs her by the waist and then she's pressed against a hard chest, the wind wild against her back.

"Thanks for the lift Mino," she mutters looking into the eyes of the alpha.
"Anytime princess," he smirks at her.

"Go after her!" Minhyuk roars, his red eyes glistening and all of Monsta X takes their stance after helping Kihyun up.

"There's no need," Taehyung says, looking in the direction the girl disappeared.

"But....," Wonho starts to counter but Shownu and Hyungwon shake their heads at him, telling him to keep his mouth shut.

"Don't worry Wonho, we'll meet her again," the witch says, eyes still focuses elsewhere, "She's supposed to be here."