Eight

The Curse

It's a mess as Jade tries to protect her from Hyuk, even from herself because she wants this, she wants that ing Alpha! And it's driving her insane.

'Listen to me,' she tells her body, willing it to behave, 'Just a few moments.'

"Jade," her voice is broken, small, "I can't..."

He's near her then, arms supporting her shoulder because her legs have finally given up. The Alpha growls at them, canines bare, eyes angry and charges towards them only to be pushed back roughly by Zico coming in time between them.

He staggers back and one of the vampires is holding him from falling on his .

"Mine," he growls, the lust strong in his eyes. The others are coming in as well, one after the other, crowding in the room. Her body becomes hyperactive, the scent of Alphas making her loose her mind. It's then that she decides it's time to bolt. 

"Take her away!" Zico commands, still standing between them and the others, a wall, a shield.

Jade nods and scoops her up in her arms and she buries her nose in his neck trying to block out every one else. Her resolve is starting to crumble. A second later they have taken off through one of the windows and she almost wines as the open air takes away the heavenly scent of Alphas.

"It's okay Princess," Jade says, looking down at her, "I got you."

She knows he does.

 

"What the hell was that all about?" Minhyuk asks, standing beside Shownu and throwing the wolves a curious look,"The level of hormones you guys are exerting right now is quite harmful to a vampire!"

It's true, they can all smell it, the stench of something oddly and sickly citric mixed with the smell of soil after first rain. But then there's another smell, it's sweet like vanilla and he hasn't smelled it in all the time he has been with VIXX. 

Truth be told, it's making him restless, like he wants to smell more, he wants more of it.

But the poor vamp is ignored, making him pout, "Hyung is she....?" Hongbin asks, still looking at the window. His eyes have changed color on their own, a strange sensation taking over his body.

A growl makes them focus on the youngest wolf, still held by Hyungwon.

"Calm down Hyuk!" Hakyeon commands, his own eyes glowing golden. The younger stills listening to his hyung, his aura becoming less hostile, "We need to talk Zico," the eldest turns his attention to the said man. This just got more complicated.

"This doesn't change a thing Hakyeon, the object of this meeting still remains the same," Zico replies calmly. Sure he hadn't expected for Meliha to go into heat like that but as he said, it doesn't change anything.

"It sure does," Hakyeon counters. The girl almost made his brothers lose control and her pheromones weren't even on peak yet, "It makes me even more determined to not fight this war."

Others in the room look at him as if he has just lost his mind.

"What do you mean by we won't be fighting Hakyeon?" Minhyuk asks. He is ready for a fight, the hunters have destroyed their home forest, he was waiting for his revenge and now that is so close, he won't let it slip away like that. The fairies are usually not the ones to initiate a fight or even be a part of it but the seven of them have always been an anamoly.

"It means we won't be fighting now. We will only fight when they bring the fight to us Min," Hakyeon answers. He knows that his friends are ready for a war but he won't risk them for another kingdom, not until he has something to gain from it as well or maybe at least have knowledge about the objective and strategy of the enemy and right now it's neither. Plus the girl is only proving to be a danger to them. 

He is a fighter, yes. He enjoys a good fight but he's a king first and he will always put his people, his friends first.

"We won't fight, at least for now. And that's final," he can see the disappointment cross everyone's features.

"Very well," Zico says turning to the door. It's time for him to leave, "but know this, the council has already decided Hakyeon."