One

The Curse

The forest was almost dark as they ran through it, breaths loud, heart hammering against their chest but they continued on. They didn't have another choice. Stopping now would only mean death, a slow painful death so the two of them ran even though their bodies screamed at them to stop and take a breather.

"I.......," the taller of the two says, his breath leaving him, "can't...."

"Just a little more," the girl hisses, the cuts on her arms spilling more blood.

'Why aren't they healing!' she lets out a growl as the smell of their persuars reach her nostrils.

"!" She turns around and sure enough the people chasing them have come close enough, "Jade, go ahead."

"But princess," the male protests, a frown visible on his face, green eyes narrowed, "I am not leaving you."

"Yes you are," she has slowed down now, her small frame shaking with the forced breaths she takes, "my blood will give us both away."

"Why aren't your wounds healing!"he's frustrated.

"The same reason we can't phase. The drug they shot us with,"she answers coming to a halt. It's only a second before she has changed direction, "I'll mislead them. Get your to safety."

"But...."

"No buts Jade, get going," and then she has disappeared among the trees.

 

 


"Hyung isn't this a bit over the top?" Ravi asks looking over Hakyeon . The red does compliment his skin tone but wearing red from top to bottom isn't that good of an idea. Usually his hyung is very fashion sensible but today his sense was more like non sense and he had a very good idea why.

"Come on Ravi, his mind is on over drive because Seohyun noona is coming," Ken explains, a teasing smile on his lips.

"Shut up you guys. I look extremely good, just accept it and stop being so jealous," Hakyeon scolds, adjusting his blazer.

"Stop the self praise hyung," Hongbin comes to them with a glass of wine, Leo following close behind.

"The council wants to have a word with you after this," Leo informs.

"Just me?" Hakyeon asks. It's a bit of a surprise, they rarely call him alone.

"Yes," the answer is short. Leo isn't much of a speaker anyways.

A frown appears on Hakyeon's face. He isn't pleased with the news, "Tell them it's either all of us or none," he tells Leo to which the younger shrugs and leaves.

"Hyung you shouldn't be so haughty with them. They're the council after all," Hongbin chides, the glass of wine still untouched.

"And I am the king," is Hakyeon's answer.

"Hyung Seohyun noona is here," a happy looking Hyuk makes his way to them with the news and it lits up Hakyeon's face.

"Excuse me guys," and he's gone before they could say a word.

"He's keeps digging the pit deeper," Hongbin mutters finally taking a sip of the alcohol watching his hyung disappear in the crowd.

"You can't blame him Binnie. He has loved her for so long," Ken defends, "I don't think he can just stop."

"Even after knowing that we're all cursed?" 

That shuts Ken up. They do know that Hakyeon loves Seohyun, he has for the longest time but they also know there is no way their hyung could have the love he so desires. It isn't possible. Hakyeon knows so himself and that is the reason he hasn't mated or marked her yet. 

Yes they are cursed and they have to live with that.

The party mood is ruined as they watch their hyung chat excitedly, the gleam in his eyes evidence of his happiness.

"He should stop before it's too late," Leo comes back to join them. 

"It's already too late," Ravi is the one to voice out what they all know.

 

 

___________________________________________________