Twenty

The Curse

"What the are you doing?" Grabbing his hand, she pushes it away from her legs. His eyes widen at having been caught red handed but he continues staring at her ankles, not saying a thing.

She feels at a disadvantage in the position, her back against the door, his body looming over her, trapping her there.

"What are you not telling us?" He finally asks, eyes meeting hers, hands reaching out to touch her again.

She reacts on instinct, going for his hands again but instead of pushing, she pulls him in and trying to reverse their positions by putting pressure on her so that it would stay rooted and provide her with the necessary force.

Surprisingly he falls into her, allowing her to pin him against the door, her knees on either side of her hips, wrist held behind his back.

"Don't touch me," she warns, voice low, outer pooling by her hips.

"I shouldn't," he answers back, staring. She can see the hint of gold starting to appear at the rim of his pupil, "but why do I want to?"

The question catches her off guard, allowing her to realize the position she is in, right in his lap, strangling his hips, breathing in his face and she  lets go of his hand immediately.

He smells like strawberries, sweet, tangy. 

She should get up, move away because her body is tingling, it feels warm and that is never a good sign, never, "Just don't touch me like that," with a last warning, she moves back and lifts her body off his only to be pulled right back.

"Oh ," and then he's the one with a hold on her wrist, pulling her impossibly close, "I shouldn't do this, I  shouldn't."

She opens as his eyes darken, but he has let go of her wrist, instead his palm settles at the back of her head and before she can register what is happening, his lips are sealed over hers.

That stuns her, he moves his lips against hers and she brings up her palms to his chest, trying to push him away. He pulls away slightly and she sees the golden orbs of an Alpha staring at her.

"Kiss me," he whispers and she knows she's doomed because the second time he leans in, she finds herself responding to him. She has never kissed an Alpha before, not like this and her body betrays her immediately. Her body burns with desire. The touch of an Alpha making her lose her mind.

His hands leave her hair and settle on her waist, pulling her even closer. His teeth nibbling on her bottom lip.

'Get a grip!' she tells herself, trying to stop her body from shamelessly arching into him, 'Please stop!'

Once again she tries pushing at his chest. He answers by probing his tongue into , trying to force it open. She almost lets out a moan at that.

The only thing stopping her are the words Hakyeon said in the training ground. She is not a venal woman, an Omega yes but not a .

"Ken," she tries against his mouth but it comes out as a moan instead, resulting in his hands tightening around her waist.

He is her husband and she would let him have her. But not like this, not when he doesn't even know her name, not when he still hates her. It's not right, it's just not.

So she bites on his lips instead and he pulls back at the unexpected action, "Ken stop!"

She knows it's futile, the glazed over look in his eyes, the lust radiating off him is enough of a proof that it will take more than just words to clear his mind.

"Do you really want to stop though little Omega?" He whispers right against the shell of her ear and she finds her hands gripping on to his shirt, instead of pushing away.

Controlling the disaster that are her emotions, she nods her head, her hands pulling him close.

"Let go of her hyung," another voice breaks in, finally helping her move away but his hands are still around her waist.

"No," comes a blunt reply and she's pulled back into his lap, "Not yet."

"Hyung!" She's ripped out of his hold by her arm, almost losing her footing because of the force and colliding into Ravi.

"Get out!" He barks at her, nudging her towards the door.

It takes her a second to collect her thoughts and then she says, "Gladly, but make him move away from the door first."

"Hyung move," the younger commands but Ken makes no move to get up, "Jae hyung!"

"I said," running his hands through his hair Ken finally stands up and for the first time since she met him, she finds him intimidating, "Not yet!"

"Behind me," Ravi throws at her, keeping his eyes on his brother. She almost retailiates, telling him to off but another look from the male and she ducks behind him, clutching onto the back of his shirt.

"Something's wrong," she tells him watching the distaste on Ken's face as she holds onto Ravi.

"What?" He looks over his shoulder, the woman rarely reaches his shoulders, so he has to crane his neck a bit.

"I don't usually have this effect on people," she elaborates, eyes jumping between the two men, "not unless......."she stops as if realizing something, "Oh !"

"Ravi-ah," Ken speaks up, forcing them to look ahead, "Listen to hyung and get away from her," there is something menacing about the way he says it.

"Does he have a good sense of smell?" She asks, dreading.

"Yes, he's the best among us," comes the confirmation.

"Well !" This is not good, it wasn't supposed to happen like this. Is she losing control of her own ing senses now! "Can you hold him off, I really need to sprint or things will become nasty."

"What do you mean?"

"Wonshikkie!" The voice is more of a growl now and she feels the vibrations of his command in her chest.

"You can or you can't?" She asks, one last time. If he can't then she'll just have to take matters in her own hands. And that won't be pretty either.

"I'll hold him down," he says after a while.

She looks at him, to affirm if he can really would help her, or rather help his brother and then starts pulling him back by the shirt, step by step.

"What are you doing?" He asks, irritated.

She stays silent, eyes on the man behind Ravi whose eyes have narrowed at her actions but he doesn't move. She'll have to do better.

Turning the younger around, she searches his eyes for any indication of how she's affecting him. He seem irritated but that's it which means she isn't that far gone. 

Grabbing a handful of the front of Ravi's shirt, she pulls him close, their  lips only breaths apart, "Play along and be ready," she whispers over his parted lips, eyes going back to Ken who has moved away from the door and towards them.

"Wonshik!" 

"Thanks!" She manages to call out before Jen lurges at them and she pushes Ravi into him, making them both stumble and end up on the carpet. It's all the time she needs to run out of the room and slam the door shut behind herself.

Hopefully he can talk some sense into his hyung which would make him not chase after her.

 

 

Deciding not to take any chances, she runs into the Queen's Chamber and shuts the door drawing the attention of the elder woman who was getting her hair done by the maids.

"You're early," she says, turning on the stool and looking at her. The maids stopping mid way, "and you're missing clothes," a hint of smile comes up on the lips. She looks down to see that her outer is indeed missing. Great!

"And you smell like Jaehwan and Wonshik."

ing great!

"I....," She shifts on her feet, uncomfortable by the bare legs, her ankles are on display and she hates that, "I think I should bathe."

"Of course," comes the reply, "Call in her maids. A mild bath is in order."

Mild. Of course. The smell has to stay for people to gossip that she bedded not one but two princes.

She couldn't decide whether she was glad or angry at that.

 

 

 

She decides to go to the dining hall that morning because that formal greeting with Queen Beta was still on hold. So she asked the maids what was the strongest perfume the Queen possessed and ends up bathing in it, smelling like roses and citrus things and sneezing through. But at least it would mask her own scent for the time being. If Ken really had a good nose, then this would definitely mess up his olfactory senses.

The guards at the gate announces her presence and she enters to see everyone already at the table, except Ken and Ravi.

"I apologise for being late," she gives a low bow and moves further in, the two maids leaving as the gate shuts behind her, "also for not being able to greet you properly yesterday Queen Beta."

The woman in question is sitting by the head of the table, which is occupied by Hakyeon, and across the Queen, "That's all you are apologizing for?"

She walks to the only empty seat which happens to be next to Hyungwon and sits down, smiling at the vampire, who smiles at her in return.

"Is there anything else I should be apologise for?" She asks as a maid brings her a plate.

"You better watch your tongue Omega," Hongbin warns, eyes narrowed.

"And you better watch your temper, young prince," she chides reaching for the toast, which is taken from under her hand by the said prince.

"You insulted my mother, apologise for that, right now," he commands and a part of her wants to obey him. Be a good wolf for him.

"I didn't mean to insult you, that was never my intention," she pushes that part to the back of her head, "I merely reacted to you questioning my up bringing."

"Which doesn't seem to be very good,"  the woman comments and she almost reaches for the fork to stab her with it.

"It is way better than your son's upbringing, I am afraid," no body questions her parents, nobody. She would spill blood without a second's hesitation if her parents' values are doubted, "He doesn't even seem to know the basics like thank you and sorry."

"At least he doesn't go around selling himself off."

She opens and then shuts it knowing that no matter what she says, it'll just fall to deaf ears so she slides the chair back and gets up, dusting off her clothes. Food seems to be a luxury she couldn't afford these days, "I'll take my leave. Welcome one again, my lady."

 

 

She comes out to see Ravi making his way towards the dining hall. He looks freshly bathed and dressed but the fading scar marks across the left cheek makes her stop in her tracks.

"Are you alright?" She asks, coming to stand a few steps away from him. He's a good head taller than her, all of them are so she has to strain her neck a bit to look at him.

"I am fine," he replies, side stepping her.

"Is it...," She calls and he stops, "It's because of me, isn't it?" her fingers lift up before she could realize what she is doing and trace the scar running from his nose the his neck, "I am sorry."

He seems taken aback and just stares at her until a voice sounds from behind, "I thought a night would have been enough, apparently not," Hakyeon's voice comments and Ravi takes her hand and removes it from his face. It reminds her of how Leo has refused to take her hand back in the training ground.

"You can take her back to your room, I am sure the maids haven't made the bed yet."

"Hyung," the younger interupts but she just steps closer to him, whispering, "Is he okay?"

"Hmm," he answers and then she steps away knowing it's not her place.

"I'll take my leave then," and she walks away like she's supposed to.

 

 

 

She's lost, of course she is. The palace is huge and she doesn't even know which part of it is she in right now.

"You could've asked for directions, you idiot," but then the Queen would have questioned her as to why she wanted to see the herbalist out of the blue.

"Ugh!"

"Is something wrong?" A voice asks from behind and she turns to find Hyuk standing in the hallway, "Are you lost?"

"Umm," she debates on whether or not to tell him the truth, "I am looking for the healer's chamber," she tells him coming to the conclusion that she'll be walking around the palace for days and still not find the man.

He's on to her on a moment, palm flying to rest against her forehead, "Why? Is something wrong? Are you not feeling well?"

The concern surprises her. It's the last thing she expects from any of them. So him showing it without any constraints is a little jarring to say the least.

"I am feeling fine," she answers, waiting for him to take his hands off her. He didn't.

"But then why do you need a healer?"

"It's not the healer I need," she steps back, letting his hand fall away, "I need some herbs."

"For what?"

Yeah Mel for what?

She's busy trying to come up with a reasonable answer when he suddenly speaks up, "For pregnancy?"

"What?" That flies out of , "What pregnancy!" What the hell is wrong with these people! One says she was making nest out of his bedding, the other assumes she needs meds for pregnancy!

"Well you've been to Leo hyung and Ken and Ravi hyung," there's a blush covering his cheeks which confuses her because suddenly she doesn't know whether to be angry or pinch his cheeks.

"They treated you well, didn't they?"

Did they? She stays silent.

"It's my turn tomorrow," the blush spreads further, "You'll come to me tomorrow."

"I will," she states.

"I..... I'll wait for you. I mean I'll take you to the healer," she can sense that he changed his words last minute but she's thankful for that. Nodding she let's him lead the way.

He takes her down a flight of stairs and then into a hallway, then they take two turns emerging in another wing of the palace. She isn't familiar with it, now does she remember ever being here, "It's the southern wing," he explains moving ahead, "You'll find the healer, the herb room, the weaponry and the library here."

She will be visiting this particular wing often it seems. They go up to the first floor and he stops in front of a large wooden door proudly displaying the symbol of a snake wrapped around a pole, "Here we are," he announces.

"Thank you," with a nod, she knocks on the door. Then pushing it open, she moves in, taking on the scent of different plants and herbs scattered across the room, in pots, on tables, in vases.

"If you need anything else," he offers, "find me in the East wing. Or send for me."

She knows she will do neither but nods nonetheless. He turns around and walks away.

The healer turns out to be a beautiful woman, a little older than her and Meliha finds her bend over the floor with some text sprawled out beneath her.

"I am looking for the healer here," she announces her presence after waiting for five minutes and watching the woman try to decipher the text.

"I am the healer," she answers, abandoning her script and getting up, "How can I help you?" Her eyes take Meliha in, trying to understand who she was, maybe, "Oh the infamous Omega bride!" She exclaims after a while.

"Infamous Omega bride?"

"Oh," clamping her hand over , she apologises ,"My apologies my lady, I spoke out of turn."

The woman is simply beautiful, she wouldn't be surprised if the healer turns out to be an enchantress. That kind of beauty is only found among them.

"It's alright," she dismisses the apology. At least she wasn't being called a . Anything else was fine, "You can call me Meliha or continue with the Infamous bride thing."

"Meliha would be fine. I am Yoona. So how can I help you?"

"I am looking for something," she starts but couldn't complete because she is cut off.

"Something to prevent a pregnancy?"

Does she look pregnant? Is her belly bloated or something? Or the people in this palace are obsessed with pregnancy?

"No," that comes out rude.

"Sorry. The maids were all gossiping about how you bedded not only Lord Leo but Lord Ken and Ravi as well. So I assumed...."

"What?" Bedded? What the hell.

"Umm a maid saw Lord Leo in the process of claiming you. He stopped because she entered his Chambers and you were smelling of him the entire day. Today maids saw you leave   Lord Ken and Ravi's chamber in a hurry, without full clothes. Your lips were swollen and you were smelling of them both so..."

Of course they assumed you seduced your way into their beds. It's not their fault. Additionally that is how palaces work. Get used to it.

"No, I don't need that. I was looking for suppressors."

"Suppressors?" The healer looks at her baffled.

"Yes, heat suppressors."

Yoona takes a minute of silence and then says, "I am afraid we don't have that."

Well, !

 

___________________________________________________

I might not be able to post updates as regularly as I like because I have an entrance exam coming up.

But don't worry I plan on completing every story, even the ones I haven't updated in a while. Don't give up on me just yet.

Enjoy and don't forget to vote.

Hwaiting!!!

Also I apologise for any spelling or grammar mistake you may find in the chapter.