Chapter 39

A Hundred Days Love

C h a p t e r   39


A  e    S  o  o

“Mom, I’m here- Oh, Minah.”

“Ae Soo!” Minah smiles widely at me then gestured for me to sit next to her so I did.

“I didn’t know that you’ll be coming.”

“Oh, I was actually just here to visit my workplace and then I bumped into Auntie.”

"Really?”

“Mm!" 

"Minah was assigned to work in our area and she was looking for a place to stay. I’m just offering for her to stay with us. It won’t be too much of a bother and it’ll be just for a month. It’s a good idea don’t you think Ae Soo?”

I nod. “Mm. I don’t think it’s not bad for you to stay with us. You should’ve told me from the beginning.”

“How could I do that? You’re busy with your married life and I don’t want to be a burden.”

I chuckle then ruffle her hair. “Hey, I’m married for a while already and you will never be a bother.” After we talked to Mom, I escorted Minah to where she will be staying and she decided to stay for the night then move her things tomorrow. “Well, goodnight!”

“Mm! Ae Soo too!”

Looking up at the sky, I can see that the stars are agreeing that this is a good day too. I smile at the thought that my Mom might be looking down at me right now. “Mom, are you looking at this great day too? It’s a shame that it’s ending quickly isn’t it?”

“Night’s still young though.” I turn seeing Baekhyun sitting as he stares at me.

“Oppa.”

He jumps from where he’s sitting and approaches me then he rests his hand on my head as I stare up at him. “I still can’t get used to you calling me that.”

I let out a laugh. “Forgive me for not calling you that earlier.” I look back to where he was before and saw him cleaning his spear. “You’re in the middle of cleaning?”

“Yep. You’re hubby was rough today as expected.” He picks up his spear then turned back to me. Is it just me or something’s up with him? “What is it? If you keep on staring, I’ll be embarrassed.”

“Is something wrong?” I noticed his eyes widen a little but then he looks at me softly.

“How are you so good at seeing through everything?” He chuckles and turned from me as we walks away from me. “Nighty night!”

I look at him as he continue to walk and then disappear through the night. I wonder if something’s up?

“I better get back and rest now too.” I was about to walk into our room when my world started spinning. “Whoa.” I hold on to the door but my hand slipped through the knob letting me meet the ground.

“Ae Soo?!” The door opens and Sehun looks down at me with a start. “What’s the matter?!”

He’s starting to panic over little things now huh? I smiled at him and shake my hand. “Nothing. I think I’m just tired. I got dizzy all of a sudden.”

“What? Can you stand?”

“.. I think so?” He let out a sigh and then scoops me up. “Hey! What are you-“

“Just let me carry you okay?” I smile and wrap my arms around his neck then rested my head on his shoulder. When we reach the bed, he puts me down gently. “You’re a bit warm. Aren’t you sick?”

“Am I?” I touched my forehead after he did and I am a but warm. “Oh, I am huh?”

“I told you to take things easy. What have you been doing again?”

“Just the normal chores though? Oh, and I helped Minah settle in the night. She’ll be here for a while for her internship.”

“That so? But please just rest okay? I’ll take care of things in your stead. Wait here and I’ll get some medicine for you.”

“Mm. Thank you.”

Sehun leaves the room and I sigh relaxing to the feel of the soft bed around me. This feels nice.. and warm. I hope this can go on for a while...


S e h u n

“Ae Soo, here’s the-“ by the time I get back with some medicine and water, Ae Soo’s already drifted to sleep. I sigh and pull the covers up on her. “I told you to take it easy. You’re working too hard.” I wrap my arms around her and let her head rest against my chest. “I’ll take care of you, so don’t worry about anything..”

When I woke up the next morning, Ae Soo’s still sleeping. This sight is actually new to me since Ae Soo usually wake up ahead of me with breakfast ready. I guess she’s still not feeling well for her to sleep in. I decided to get up and prepare something for Ae Soo. When I get to the kitchen, Mom’s there.

“Oh, it’s unusual for you to be here dear.”

“Ae Soo’s sick so I’m hoping to make something for her.”

“Sick? Is it bad?”

“I think it’s a flu though.”

“That so? Then let’s make her something warm shall we?”

“Okay. Thanks Mom.” Mom decided that we make some leek soup for Ae Soo and I helped her with it. When we finished, we head back to the room and saw Minah with Ae Soo at the bathroom as she throws up. “AE SOO!”

She gasps when she sees me. “Se..Sehun..”

“Are you okay?! Does it hurt anywhere?” I ask for a few times but she looks at me with fear in her eyes.

“O..Oh! It’s just that time of the month Sehun! Can you step out for a while? Ae Soo needs to change her clothes.”

“Alright but-“ Mom holds me by my arm and nodded. I nod back and placed the tray down on the table and left.


A  e    S  o  o

I sit back at the edge of the bed after changing my clothes. I don’t have any appetite right now nor have the energy to move. I try to remember everything that I needed for the past few months and the only possibility that I might be sick is because of that. “Mom, I want to go to Dad’s clan and get myself checked by Auntie.”

“Will you be fine on your own?”

“I’ll go with her Auntie.” Minah smiled and hooked her arm with mine. “It’s the weekend anyway. I can go with you Ae Soo.”

“But that’s-“ she puts a finger on my lips to stop me from talking and I don’t think any reason will go through her right now. I smile and sigh in defeat. “Alright, thank you.”

“I’ll take you both there then.”

We head out to the main entrance and Sehun together with the others walked us to the car. “Are you sure you don’t want me to go with you?”

“No, and I’ll be fine. It’s just a regular check up.” He’s looking at me with so much worry in his face. I don’t want him to come with me because if my speculation is true, I’m positive that he won’t take it easily, so I have to make sure first before telling him. I step closer and give him a tight hug. “I’ll be fine okay? Please don’t worry and just work Sehun.”

“You know it’s easier said than done.” There’s so much sadness in his voice and it’s making my heart break. I turn after letting him go and I forced my body not to look back because if I do, might not even be able to go.

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰

“Is she here?!” A loud bang suddenly came that almost made my soul left my body.

“You don’t need to shout like that Ae Ryu!” I exclaim as I try to go back to my senses.

“He’s a cute one isn't he? He’s just got that teeny tiny sister complex you know?” Aunt Rye Won said as she takes a blood sample from me.

“Are you sick?! Why are you even here?! It’s not even the end of the month yet!” I always go here to  visit them every month, and usually, when it's the final week of the month.

I chuckle and pat his head. “I’m fine. I just need a check up.”

“Geez, he’s so loud and all. It’s not good for Ae Soo you know?” Minah says.

“I’ll just have this checked for a while. You can rest easy for now, you still have a fever, so just take a quick nap okay?”

“Thank you Auntie.” I watch her leave my room and hope for the best.

“You are sick!” He sighs and sits next to me. “Let me see.” He placed his forehead on mine and I smile. It’s nice to have a brother who worries about you at times like this. “You do have a fever but I’m glad it’s not that bad.”

“If I don’t know you both, I’ll mistake you as a couple right now. I pity Sehun for eing left ack there.” Minah exclaimed. “I’ll just take a walk for a while okay?”

“Mm. Thank you for coming with me.” When we’re left alone I sigh and lie down on my bed. “Oppa, can I lie in your arms and sleep?”

“Why all of a sudden?”

I chuckle. “I just miss my brother. Is that bad?”

“You’re really weird.” Despite him saying that, he still lay next to me and I scoot over lying on his arm. “What’s wrong?” I smile. He already knows that something’s wrong. I wonder if it’s because we’re twins?

“I...I think I might be pregnant.” I feel him flinch but he doesn’t let go.

“What do you plan on doing if you are?” His voice is calm and soothing. I scoot closer and hugged him to stop the tears that’s on the verge of falling. “Ae Soo.”

“I have a favor to ask of you. Promise me that no matter what, you’ll keep it okay?”

He sighs and wrapped his arms around me and planted a kiss on my forehead. “Spill it.”

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰

After an hour, Auntie went back to my room with Minah and I’m not expecting Dad to be with them so I guess he knows why I am here then. “So? How is it? Say it Auntie.” Ae Ryu stole the words right off my mouth.

“Do you want them to be here Ae Soo?”

I nod and smiled at her. “It’s okay.”

“Alright then.” She sits on my bedside and held my hand. “I don’t know how you’ll take this but I guess you know what I’m going to say. Your guess is true dear. You are pregnant.”

Normally, people would say Congratulations but I am not normal so instead, I get gasps and silence. My hands are now shaking. What’s wrong with me? I wanted this. I want a child and here it is.

“Ae Soo, there’s something else that you need to know.”

“What’s worse than that news?” Dad says.

“I’ve done a lot of tests to you earlier right? It’s still not sure but, normally, your baby won’t yet consume the fox bead unless it’s on its third month. You know that right? I gave you the diary that’s passed down for generations of your clan. In your case, what’s making you sick is your child. I think it’s starting to take your fox bead even though it’s not fully developed yet.”

Dad stands from his seat in surprise. “What does that mean?!”

“I’m still hoping that this isn’t the prophecy but, this doesn’t usually happen Oppa. This is a first. I’m speculating that this might be the prophecy. Sehun’s child might be the cause of Ae Soo’s possible death and he may be the wolf that will take her life.”

₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰  ₰

“I think it’s that house right there.” Ae Ryu points at the small house up ahead. I turn to Dad and his expression still hasn’t change ever since yesterday.

We are now on our way to meet the Great Sage who prophesied my fate and clear things up. I will be lying if I say I am not afraid right now but I have to stay strong. For Sehun and for our child.

“Ae Soo, are you okay?” Minah holds my hand in worry. I smiled at her and nodded.

“I’m okay don’t worry.” I feel bad for dragging Minah into this when she’s a human. She should be living peacefully but instead I dragged her into this mess with me.

“Anyone home?” Ae Ryu knocked on the door for us but no one answered. He searched the place with Dad but it turns out that no one seems to be home. “Is she out?”

“I see that your body is like a ticking bomb Princess.” I gasp hearing a voice behind us and found a lady gazing at me. Is she the sage? I was expecting an old lady with a cane though? “Your expectation hasn’t been met. Come in.” She walked pass through us an into her house. She poured us some beverages and then sat comfortably. “I must say, you came earlier than I expected.”

“Since you’ve been expecting our presence, spill what you know.” Dad said.

She smiles. “Still short tempered are we King?” Her eyes then dropped to Ae Ryu then to me. “I’m glad the twins grew up well. You’re not with the wolf I suppose?”

“You know about Sehun?”

“I do know about the future that I saw years ago Princess. But things are moving faster than I expected.” She then looks at my stomach like she’s seeing through everything. “The child is starting to engulf your life force. I take it that you did not heed my warning. Then again, it is vague if that wolf may or not save your life. But as it seem today, he may be the one who will be the cause of your early death instead.”

“I was the one who said I wanted his child.”

“And he tried to protect you I see?” I choke on words that  she said but it’s futile. Sehun did try to avoid this but I pushed him instead.

“What can be done to save my child?”

“I have no definite answers for that. I may be able to see the future but it’s not certain that the future that I see will be the one for this timeline. There are parallel timelines such as this and my ability to see what is to happen isn’t limited to one.”

“So you’re saying, it will still depend on what actions we will take?”

“Aye, indeed.”

“What are the stakes?” Ae Ryu asked.

“If the Princess gives birth to their child, she will face immediate death as the child have already acquired the fox bead by the moment the child is born. The moment the child leaves the Princess’ body, she will die. And there’s the alternative.”

“What is that?” I ask.

“You will get rid of the child and kill the Wolf who’s the father of the child.” It’s like my world stopped spinning all of a sudden.

“Y..You’re telling me that I have to get rid both of my child and my husband?”

“Your fate isn’t to be crossed with the wolf Princess. You are both the Yin and the Yang that must be separated within a line at this lifetime. You are ill-fated. But I can only give you this.” She slides a necklace towards me and I gasp in surprise. It is the necklace that Mom gave to me for my birthday through Uncle Kang Joon. It once sealed my form! “I believe you are familiar with this. I was the one who gave it to your mother once to be able to buy time for your fox bead to mature. It is the reason why your demon form was sealed until this necklace was stolen.”

I take the necklace for her. “Is that so?”

“Now it will serve it’s purpose again. But you must know, it will not last long. I too will search for something that can help your fate to turn but know young Princess, everything has a price for this world needs a balance.”