Chapter 3: Nothing More

Notice Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You know you can't ignore me forever. It's illegal according to the best friend slam book we read in 4th grade!" Yujin whined.

Five days had passed since the incident back in the cafeteria. Wonyoung has been ignoring Yujin since then. The older still picks Wonyoung from her house but the latter would refuse to walk with her. When she tries to talk to her she gets ignored most of the time. They don't eat lunch together anymore too.

Truth to be told, Wonyoung is still upset about what Yujin did. For the older girl to that kind of act then she must really be serious with Minju. She even heard that Minju had finally replied to Yujin's messages right after what happened. This frustrates Wonyoung even more and she's not so sure about what to do anymore either. 

"Hey Wonyoungie, I'll treat you to three cups of chocolate mint ice cream with extra chocolate sprinkles if you want. Just please stop ignoring me," Yujin pleads. She got on her knees, clasped her hands, and looked at Wonyoung with her "sad puppy" look.  Wonyoung stares at her, reluctant about whether Yujin did enough apologies for her to get over the silly cause of her tantrums.

"Fine, get up now. You do still realize that we're in the library right? People are starting to look now," Wonyoung gives in. She assisted Yujin to get back on her feet. The older girl now has a big smile plastered on her face. Wonyoung is taken aback by Yujin's next move though. Yujin hugged her tightly and mumbled, "You don't know how hard it was not having my bestfriend with me."

What Yujin did could have been sweet but with what she said, everything broke apart. It was like a bucket of ice was poured all over Wonyoung. She was forced to wake up from her dream. It was all a fairytale, her prince charming could only be her fellow princess and nothing more. 

"Okay, you two kiddos break apart now and go back to your seats," Eunbi scolds them. They're all in a public library so that their older friends can come study with them, Hyewon couldn't come because she is too busy with her part-time job. "Are you two sure that you're not dating?" Sakura's joke made both of them blush. "Yeah, you guys are even sweeter than Kura and I!" Chaeyeon joins in.

Wonyoung was quick enough to deny it though. "We are not, we're  only bestfriends!" She denies strongly. "Yeah, and Yujin has another crush. Her name is Minju. They even talk a lot now," Yena added. Yujin looks at her and throws a glare. Yena can never keep things to herself.

"Oh, you haven't mentioned her to us yet kiddo," Eunbi says.

"It's quite complicated Eunbi unnie," Yujin explains, quite bashfully.

"How complicated it is that you can't mention it to us just yet?" Chaeyeon wonders. Yujin rubs her nape awkwardly before whispering, "Very complicated." The three unnies look at her quizically. "What do you mean by very complicated?" Chaeyeon asks again.

"I made a fool of myself by confessing to the whole school while she was there. She suddenly messaged me t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter