Angel Of Mine

Love Me Back To Life

I knock on the door of Jisoo's house and rub the back of my neck as I patiently wait for it to be answered. I still get a bit anxious whenever I get to see the brunette. It's not a bad anxious more so an anticipation to see her. I try my best not to countdown to the day I leave and every second I spend with Jisoo it feels as if time stops. As I wait I hear someone behind me clear their throat. I slowly turn around and my heart stops as I see Jisoo's friend Jennie. She has her arms crossed over her chest, her head slightly titled to the side and her lips pursed. I'm scared.

"Well, well, well."

I look around hoping that if something were to happen someone will see; but no one is around. That's just awesome.

"Hi." I say timidly. I want to turn around and knock again but I can't look scared in front of my girlfriend's best friend. I don't want to seem intimidated, even if I am, but only slightly.

"Come to steal my best friend again?" She asks seriously but I laugh softly. I can't help it because I'm not forcing Jisoo to do anything she doesn't want to do.

"I don't mean to steal her. She's kind of hard not to want." I smirk softly because I want Jisoo more than I'm admitting. Jennie gives me a long 'mhm' and takes a step closer to me. I want to back up but there's a closed door behind me. I start to wonder where Jisoo is. She does know I'm here, I sent her a message. I wonder if she's just staring from the window enjoying this little show down I'm having with the girl in front of me.

"You know I'm watching you right?" She asks pointing a finger. I clear my throat again and nod.

"Yes I do. I took what you told me seriously the first night I met you guys. Now that we're together it's my duty to not hurt the girl who's stolen my heart."

I stare her down and she reads my eyes trying to see how serious I am. I let her examine me and she just nods once. I think I'm in the clear. She reaches behind me and rings the bell. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I probably wouldn't be subjected to this situation but I'm sure it was bound to happen sooner or later.

I move over so Jennie can stand on the porch as well and we both wait patiently. The door swings open and it's Hana that answers it. What the hell?

My eyes go wide, my mind is spinning with questions but I have to act first; jumping quickly in front of the hurdling body next to me to prevent Hana's face getting beat in. I only know what Jisoo has told me of the situation between her and Hana but I know that Jennie doesn't like her and right now her presence here is pissing Jennie off.

I grab her very light body and hold her back. She's swinging her arms trying to get to the other girl but I block her attacks, while still holding her. I don't know if it's all the army training I have or what but I'm keeping Jennie at bay right now even though I'd like nothing more than to let her go crazy on Hana.

Seriously what is she even doing here?

Jisoo comes up behind her ex and gently pushes through the doorway making sure to avoid her friend's vicious swings. She's throwing all kinds of threats the girl's way and I'm smirking at how feisty she is.

"Thanks for seeing me again." Hana says politely but borderline cocky and jumps back as I loosen my grip on Jennie. Yeah! Keep your words to yourself and don't ever speak to my girlfriend again or I'll release Jennie on you. I connect eyes with Jisoo, asking her to please explain this situation with me. She looks away though, turning her attention to her friend; asking her to please let Hana through. I pull Jennie off the porch so Hana can pass, Jennie yelling a few obscenities.

"Jennie, can Lisa let you go now without you chasing after Hana?" Jennie nods, rolling her eyes. Jisoo looks and me and nods once and I let Jennie go. She straightens out her clothes and walks over to her best friend.

"What the hell was that piece of doing here?" Jennie questions her friend. I think I'd like to know the answer to this question too. I turn to face the pair, waiting for Jisoo to come up with an answer...any answer. She scratches the back of her neck, glancing down at the ground before looking back to me. What the hell is so hard about this question? Why was the girl that you told off a little over a month ago in your house with you?

"Can I have a minute with Lisa alone?" Jennie sighs and wordlessly walks into the house. I watch as Jisoo makes her way over to me. My brain is reeling. I'm not sure what to think right now. Jisoo reaches out to grab me and on instinct I step back. She gives me a confused look. I don't know where that came from. I think I'm angry with her right now. "It wasn't what you think, Lisa." She tries. I shake my head. She has no idea what's going on in my head right now.

"She was here... in your house." I say weakly. This is what I was afraid of... giving myself... opening myself up to someone. It makes you vulnerable. Susceptible to pain. God knows I don't need anymore pain in my life.

"She just came over to apologize, I didn't even-"

"She's apologized before. You told her off. Why is this time different?" I question seriously, because I wanna know.

"I don't know." She shrugs. "Lisa it's not like it meant anything she just—"

"She was here. Do you want to like get back with her or something?"

"No." Jisoo shakes her head quickly. "Not even a little bit. Lisa I want to be with you. I don't know what's going on in your head right now but I assure you you're overreacting."

"I'm overreacting?!" I half shout. She steps towards me and I step back once again. I can't have her touch me right now cause I need my head to stop being so cloudy and when she touches me everything gets foggy. "I just witnessed your ex girlfriend walk out of her house. Are your parent's here?" I look around for their cars.

She shakes her head, shrugging he shoulders. "No, but-"

"So the two of you were alone?" I force out a laugh and shake my head. "I need to go."

"Lisa." She holds out a hand, trying to stop me. "Seriously are we doing this right now?"

"I guess so." I shrug. I turn and head to my car. I can hear her chasing after me. She runs and stops in front of me, impeding my progress.

"Lisa you are not leaving me like this. You're getting angry about something that means nothing." She explains, stopping me from walking by putting a hand to my chest.

"It means something to me." I stop trying to push my way past her. "You knew that I was coming over-"

"She just stopped by, I didn't even know she was coming." She shakes her head.

"That's not the point. You could have told her to get lost or at least texted me and let me know what I'd be coming over to." We both stop our movements, she's staring at me; I'm assuming trying to figure out what to say.

"You're right." She nods. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you she was here and I'm sorry that you feel like I disrespected you or that I was trying to hide something from you because I wasn't. She came over and begged me to hear her out. I was just thinking that in order to move forward with you, I needed to put that part of my life to rest. And that's what I was doing. I was getting closure." My heart pangs as Jisoo continues to explain herself. I feel so selfish. She was doing something she needed to do in order to move forward with her life, the exact same thing I've been doing the past month and she's been so patient with me but she does one thing and I freak out.

"No I'm sorry."I shake my head as I pull her into a hug. "You've been amazing and I shouldn't have freaked out. I don't know..." I shrug as I step back. "I guess seeing you with her made me think that maybe she was going to-"

"Never." Jisoo smiles, shaking her head. "She means nothing to me, Lisa. I promise." Her lips curl up into a smile and we're right back to the way we were. My heart swells as I pull her closer to me, kissing her sweetly. "I have to admit..." Jisoo starts, pulling back to look at my face. "Jealous you is pretty y." She wiggles her eye brows and I can't help but chuckle at her.

"Yeah I bet." I shake my head and kiss her again.

"So are you coming inside or are you still storming away?" She quirks a brow, sporting a smirk.

I roll my eyes. "I'm coming in. I wanna see you try to explain this to Jennie."

She sighs and shakes her head. "Ugh! Jennie is not going to be as understanding as you." I laugh as I lace our fingers together.

"Don't I know it."

I sit on the couch and watch as Jisoo's friend angrily paces back and forth. She's asking questions and answering, I'm not really sure why she even asks them if Jisoo isn't the one that's supposed to answer. I'm sitting on the couch—away from my girlfriend—because I would distract her from the rebuking she was giving Jisoo. Dalgom is sitting diligently by his master's side.

"I told you time and time again not to let her near you."

"I know..." My girlfriend says quietly and I'm just watching this in complete agreement with Jennie. Dalgom apparently feels a bit responsible because he whimpers in response.

"You know how she can get under your skin. Yet she's in your house! I'm just looking out for you Jisoo!"

She's smiling softly and I know she's appreciating her very protective friend. Jennie stops pacing and looks at me. I quirk a brow wondering what she's going to say to me, she's smirking and I take a quick glance at my girlfriend.

"So how you plan on communicating with my girl while you're back fighting the good fight?" Everyone's gaze is on me, even Dalgom's. All of them are staring at me expectantly.

I clear my throat and buck up because lately I've been a little bit of scaredy cat if I'm putting it lightly. My antsy behavior isn't adding credit to the soldier I know I am.

"Well..." I start off confidently. "I'd Skype her every chance I can. Staying connected to her will be a priority. Distance means nothing to me as long as she knows that I will always be there for her then I know I've done my job as her girlfriend. She has me without any effort but it will take a great deal of it to make me go away."

I continually get the third degree from this girl but that's okay. I understand that Jisoo is precious to her but I tell her like it is because I'm growing tired of her threatening glares. Also I'm tired of the small bit of intimidation that I'm allowing her to have on me. I stand up and take move a little closer to Jennie.

"No one will care for Jisoo more than I. She's done a great deal for me and even if she hadn't she's stolen every emotion that I can muster up. You can glare, threaten and do what you must but just so you know I'm more scared of losing her than I am of you."

Her lip twitches and I know she wants to smile. She holds it back though and there's a miniature amount of tension in the air. It's clear Jisoo is easy to love but the fight to prove who cares for her more, I will always make sure I come out on top.

After spending a few hours with Jisoo and Jennie I decided to grab some Ice cream from McConnell's Fine Ice Cream for Lucas before heading home.

"Double chocolate chip, with whipped cream and extra cherries in a cup please." I tell the lady behind the counter, she gives me a smile and heads off to make my order.

"Funny seeing you here." I roll my eyes, recognizing the voice.

"Not really." I say as I spin around to face the brunette.

She shrugs and smirks, "You have to admit, it's a little funny."

"Listen Hana." I smirk, moving closer to the brunette. "I don't know you, and I frankly don't care to know you. I think you're a piece of trash that messed up and broke Jisoo's heart so really you're probably the dumbest piece of crap I know." I try to keep my words as PG as possible since this is a family place and I have a reputation to uphold.

"Here you are ma'am." I turn back around to the counter, pay the cashier and take Lucas' Ice Cream, giving the woman a friendly smile before heading out the door.

"She's never gonna forget me you know." I roll my eyes, realizing I'm being followed. "I will always be her first. Her first kiss, her first love, her first time." She stresses time, forcing me to understand what she's getting at. I groan, turning around. She nearly runs into me.

"I don't care." I spit out my words, hoping she can fully comprehend what I'm trying to tell her. "You may have had Jisoo first, but I'm gonna have her from now until forever, thanks for keeping her company until I came along though." I pat her on her head with a smirk. She smacks my hand away and I decide I've wasted enough time on this chick.

"She let me in this time, she's gonna let me in again. Trust me. When you're gone she's gonna get lonely and I'll be the first person she-" Yeah, she didn't get to finish that sentence. Before I can realize what I'm doing, Hana is on the ground holding her face. I punched her. "You ing ." She snaps, blood oozing from her lip.

"Don't you ever talk about Jisoo like that." I point a finger at her. "Next time I'll do more than hit you." I turn quickly, getting into my car and driving home. That wasn't the best thing I've ever done seeing as though I'm in the army and hitting a civilian can get me in a hell of a lot of trouble with my CO, but no one talks about my girlfriend like that.

"Hey ma." I greet my mother as I enter the house.

"Lalisa Manoban, what were you thinking?" My mother practically stomps over to me.

"Huh?" I question. "Luke come here buddy!" I shout up to my brother because there's no doubt he's in his room playing video games. First thing he does when he gets out of school everyday.

"I just got off the phone with Jackie who heard from Gina that heard from Rachel that you punched a girl outside of McConnell's fifteen minutes ago."

Say what? How in the hell did all those people talk in the fifteen minutes it took me to get home? "It's fine ma. I'm handling it." I assure her as my little brother runs down the stairs. "Here bud, I got you some ice cream." I hand him the cup of ice cream. He shouts gleefully and runs back up the stairs.

"Not too much before dinner, Lucas!" My mother shouts up after him. We hear him groan and shut his door. My mother turns back to me, "How exactly do you have this handled?" She questions, popping a brow.

"Don't worry about it mom, seriously." I wave her off as I try to ascend the stairs to go to my room.

"No Lisa. You don't get to walk away that easily. Did you stop to think about the consequences of your actions? What if this young lady presses charges? And what on God's earth would posses you to punch someone in the first place?" My mother gives me a confused look.

"She was talking bad about Jisoo." I reply quickly. My mother sighs, shaking her head.

"No matter the case Lisa, you can't go around punching people. Not if you wanna stay out of jail and in the army for the little time you have left, you understand?" I nod, because I know my mother is right. Punching Hana was stupid and reckless. "Go get washed up, dinner will be ready soon." She shoos me up the stairs. I nod and head up to my room.

I sigh as I shut my door, flopping down on the bed. I hear the door bell ring but I don't pay it any mind as I think about all the trouble I could get into if Hana decides to press charges.

I grab my phone out of my pocket and text Jisoo. 'I did something stupid.' I type and wait for her to reply. I lay back on my bed, waiting for her response.

"You sure did." I sit up and see Jisoo standing in my doorway. I scrunch my brows in confusion. "Your mom let me in." She comes in and sits down on my bed.

"How'd you-"

"Hana called me."

"Oh." Is all I say.

"I talked her out her pressing charges, Lisa. What were you thinking, you can't just go around punching people."

"You sound like my mother." I groan, laying back.

"Well she's right." Jisoo lays down next to me. "You could have really gotten in trouble, I'm not sure how the army works or anything like that cause my dad never really talked about that stuff, but I figure fighting is pretty frowned upon."

"She was talking bad about you." I turn to look at her. "I didn't like what she was saying." I shrug, taking my bottom lip between my teeth. A small smile appears at her lips.

"Still, it wasn't right for-"

"When it comes to being right and protecting you, even if that just means protecting your character... I'll be wrong every time." I explain. The small smile she was sporting turning into a full out grin. She stares at me, not saying a word. "What?" I question my girlfriend.

"Nothing." She shrugs, staring at me. "I just think you're adorable."

"Stop it." I drop my head into the bed. I'm pretty sure I'm blushing. Jisoo pulls my head, forcing me to look at her.

"I'm just speaking the truth." She leans forward, kissing me sweetly. Ugh! This girl gets more perfect every second.

"So will you be joining us for dinner, Jisoo?" My mother clears from the door, I groan as Jisoo pulls back to answer her. Aw she looks a bit embarrassed we got caught.

"Um, yes ma'am if you'll have me."

"Of course." My mother smiles, staring at us.

"You can go now mom." I say, getting up from the bed. I have to physically remove my mother from my room.

"Dinner will be ready soon!" She shouts through the door. I lock it for good measure.

"Sorry about that." I shake my head, making my way back over to the bed.

"I love your mother." Jisoo chuckles. I cringe as I sit down next to her.

"Could you not talk about loving my mother when I'm about to kiss you." I tell her, climbing on her, as she leans back on the bed with me straddling her. "It's messed up that you told me you love my mother before you love me." I smile down at my girlfriend before I reconnect our lips, yup I just decided, punching Hana was definitely worth it.

Jisoo looks up at me, breaking the kiss.

"What is it?" I question, the serious look on her face making me a bit uneasy.

She swallows thickly, the gesture causing me to roll off of her. She sits up, turning completely to look at me.

"I think that I am..." She says softly and I stare at her confused.

"You are what?"

She closes her eyes briefly, looking down at her hands then back up to me. "Falling... you know." She swallows again. "In love with you." My eyes go wide briefly, caught off guard by the revelation. I don't know what to say. Do I tell her the truth? Tell her what's going on in my head? "It's fine if you don't feel the same." She adds quickly. "I know that you've been through a lot these past years and it's not easy to-"

"No." I cut her off, placing a hand on her knee. "I do." I nod, a small smile creeping to my lips. "I'm falling in love with you too." She smiles brightly, obviously happy with my response. I pull her into a hug, she pulls her head back, kissing me a little harder than she's ever kissed me before. We fall back against the bed; lying on our sides we become lost in each other. She grips my hips and my body starts to tingle as she slips her hand under the back of my shirt. I moan and this is not how I want this to happen. Not with my family downstairs or the possibility of my brother popping in at any second. I inhale as I break away from the kiss and look into her eyes.

"I want you." I tell her honestly. I see her gulp and she raises her hand to pull me in for another kiss. I let her guide me toward her and I know that everything I want with her she wants with me. She pecks my lips and she slips her knee between my legs.

The action is killing me so of course being the masochist that I am I start a motion. I feel her smile into the kiss, her hand becomes firmer against my lower back. I release a guttural moan and reluctantly pull away. She pouts a bit and I nibble at it softly.

"I know, I know." She responds, she knows I want to but we can't. She drops her head on the mattress. I mimic her motion and look into her eyes.

"Tell me a story." I say as I tangle my legs with hers. She smiles softly.

"What kind of story do you want to hear?"

I shrug my shoulders and link our hands together. I start playing with her fingers absentmindedly.

"Something you wrote, you never told me what you write."

"I write everything my mind will allow me to create. I write poetry, fiction, non-fiction, journaling..." She just shrugs. "It varies."

"Will you let me read some of your stuff?"

She bites her lip and I want to kiss her again. She's thinking of what she'd let me read. She leans closer to me to get a better reach into her back pocket. She opens her little black book to a certain page and holds it in front of me.

An unlikely place to meet a beautiful perfect stranger. I falter over words as if they weren't in my nature. The cacophony of emotions she's stirred within me. A frenzy, a melody of bliss I no longer thought would be attainable for me. A story behind her eyes I want to unravel but more so become a part of it. My brokenness still a factor, but my heart refuses to linger in the darkness that's tried to overcome me. This beauty that is she, that she brings to me, a light unexpected. A need to know her, a desire to show her that she's a gift to me because for the first time I've felt my heart beat after death has consumed me.

My eyes are welling up and I feel a lump in my throat. I never imagined that I brought anything to the table that made her feel remotely close to what she wrote down. She closes the book, slips it back into her pocket and looks down shyly. I lift her hand up to my lips and kiss it gently. I kiss her wrists, then make my way up her arm and start on her neck.

"You're amazing." I tell her, mumbling against her neck. She holds me close and I inhale everything that she is.

"You bring out the best in me." She says and I need her to stop saying things that are making me fall faster. We already admitted to falling in love with each other and time isn't on our side. Since it's not, I have to allow our emotions to rebel against it. I pull back and we commence in our normal display of affection. Our lips smoothly glide together. I can't help but think to myself that I've found the one I was always meant to be with.