What If : Competition

What If.

"I love you babe" Yujin said.



"No, i love you more" Wonyoung answer with stern voice.
 


They were always like that, bickering among who is the most loving each other.

 

That was good, a cheesy things between the both of them is just one kind of couple stuff. But how if it was keeps on going everyday? a competitive lovers? its that a matters.


Like what happen right now.

 


High School.
 

 

With another couple, which is their bedtfriend. Yena Yuri Minjoo and Chaewon. Now they are in the school caffee waiting for their lunch menu to come in.

 


"Babe thats fine, you no need to give a return" Yujin refusing. She trying to give a chocholate back to Wonyoung.


"I didnt return what you give to me, it was me who give you. You bought me a lot of candies yesterday" Wonyoung still. Handing the chocho to her lover.

"Thats mean you return it, no need to. I like to give you all things" Yujin said.

"So do i, babe. i want to give this chocho for you" Wonyoung didnt give up.



Yujin sighed.
 


"Theres go again" Yena and Chaewon rolled their eyes. But snapped by their girlfriends.
 


Not that long, the food that they has been waiting is coming.


"Guys, if you dont wanna eat that choco better to give it to me. Look im still hungry" Yena sarcastically.


Yujin and Wonyoung just give her a death glare.

 


All their friend was get used into it. Yujin and Wonyoung is couple who will keep an argue on that things.
 

 

---

 


"Yesterday you are the one who picked me up, thats way now its my turn"

"Thanks for the juice, ill bought you strawberry milk tomorrow"

"Yesterday you bought me that hat, so today i give this scarf for you"


 


"Because i love you more than you could do, babe"

 



Its not a cheesy things after all. Its like they were playing winner in the relationship. And Theres different between fill the empty side with return in favor.


Yujin realized it. She get enough with it. She love Wonyoung but she tired to always keep on scolding each other just because small things.

 


---


Wonyoung’s Home.

 

 

"Babe i bought you this couple shirt" Wonyoung with a paper bag hug her.

 

Yujin just got invited by her Wonyoung to coming into hers.
 


"Thanks. But Wonyoung we need to talk" Yujin didnt know that it will endup well or in the opposite ways. She still doubting her choice. But she should to decide.

"Uhm, what is that?" Wonyoung curiously asking.


-
 


"We need a break time?" Yujin lower her head.


"What do you mean by that" Wonyoung losen her grip in Yujin's arm.


"Yah. I need space. We need it" Yujin still cant lookin at Wonyoung’s face.

 


"Are we have a problem? Did i do something bad to you? Did you stop loving me" Wonyoung's eyes start to teary.
 


Yujin shake her head.


"So why? I give you everything i have, Yujin. I love you more than anything else" She start crying.


"Thats it" Yujin paused.


"You always thinkin that we were on a race not in relationship" Yujin lift her face.


"Wonyoung, i love you. I do love you. But i didnt need your more things" She hold Wonyoung hand.


"I know. Its my fault. Im the one who get bored with this relationship. I feel like we didnt enjoy it. we just compette each other. Tell who is the winner every round of games"

 


She moving closer.



"Please, you know how cute Minjoo and Chaewon. Yena and Yuri. They was do fun with only little things. And its not like us, Wonyoung".
 


"We are look like in competition everyday. I know that love is all about take and give. But not every things you take you should return it with giving that much"


"Can you understand it babe" Yujin asking.


"Thats fine. We need a real break up. Not just a break time. Its better for us" Wonyoung coldly.


"Wonyoung, what is that. You still want it another more?" Wonyoung advice is out from Yujin's plan.


"No. If we break up, we are not only giving us space. But giving them space" Wonyoung cocky.


"You want to get into someone else?" Yujin disbelief.


"Why if i did so? You bored with us. And maybe theres someone out there deserved us better?" Wonyoung decision is just out of the blue.

 

She didnt realize how hard it was for Yujin to speak up about her feeling without left any scars in Wonyoung's heart. But Wonyoung turnin it to be the one who hurt Yujin in sudden.
 


"Fine. Lets find our true happiness then" Yujin said and left her.


-----

 


High school.


Yujin Minjoo Yena and Yuri is B class’s student while Wonyoung and Chaewon is A class.

 


"Hei Yuj" Yena called the girl who just entering the class.



Yujin put her bag on her desk. She is Minjoo's seatmates.
 


"Yuj, lets go to arcade. Triple date as always" Yena asking the taller. The other nodding.

"Not for today, i dont want to meet Wonyoung" She said while picking the book from her bag.

"Whats again?" Minjoo while scrumble Yujin's hair.

"What s else? Bickering as always Minjoo" Yuri giving a speech.

 


"We broke up" Yujin said coldly.



"Whattt???" They said in sync.


Yena and Yuri running into Yujin's desk.


"Are you kidding me?" Yena didnt believe what she just heard.


They know they keep bickering, but broke up its too far from their imagination.

 


"Yujin, whats wrong with both of you? You guys dating in almost 2 years now" Minjoo shake Yujin's body.

"And you didnt tell us?" Yena in additional.

"I ve told you. Just now" Yujin close her book.

"What wrong?. Y'all know that we keep on argue everyday. I love her. but it was tiring. I wanna peacefull relationship like the way you are guys. But we cant" Yujin messed up.

"But how about Wonyoung" Yuri concern her another friend.

"She is the one who ask to, I just need a time space. But she ask me to break up." Yujin place her head in the desk.

 


Minjoo trying to calm her with caressing her back.


"Thats fine, i think we still keep in friends-like relationship. I know her since middle school back then. Dont worry about us" Yujin saying.

 


The rest just nodded in understanding.


Minjoo phone is ringing. she open it.


ChaeWon :*
Minjoo, i guess you already knew it.


Minjoofrog
Can u be sweet. Just once.

uhm right. i hope they do fine. How about Wonyoung? Yujin seems strong.

 


ChaeWon :*
Im sorry. Ok. Babe.

She fine tho. even she got puffy eyes.

 


Minjoofrog
Its sounds so cringey. Doesnt suit with ur style anw.

Ahh poor my bunny. I bet she was crying all night.


ChaeWon :*
I ll never do that in again. Noted it.


She admit it. She looks so pale tho.



Minjoofrog
Cmon babe. i just kidding, iloveyouuutothemoonand back.

Keep her in ur care please. Ill going there in lunch break.



ChaeWon :*
Eww its disgusting. Go away.

I do. I keep our daughter in safe place.



Minjoofrog
Ill go, but with you. lol

Tell her if her mom worrying her that much.



ChaeWon :*
Ive told her already. Anw my teacher is coming. See you.

Hate to say it. But ILY.

 


Minjoofrog
lol. I will kiss u badly, when we meet.

 


ChaeWon :*
Stop it you gross!


Minjoofrog
But u like it.
Put ur phone s down Miss. See u.


 


Minjoo smiling and put her phones back to her pocket.
 

 


---
 

 

 

Yena and Yuri just back to her seat. Yena moving closer leaning on Yuri's arm.

 

"Babe, whats wrong?" Yuri asking while caressing Yena's hair.

"I hope they ll make up soon" Yena hoping.

"I hope so. But i trust them. We know both of them well. they will never dissapointed us" Yuri calm her girlfriend.

"You still love me, arent you?" Yena ask

"That sudden?" Yuri lifting Yena's chin up.

"Dont leave me, key" Yena whines.

"Yena, never" Yuri about to give her hug when they got interrupted.

 



"Morning" Mr Park, the teacher entering the class.

 


"" Yena mumbles.
 


----

 

In a month, Yujin and Wonyoung didnt meet each other. They didnt avoiding one and another. Theres Wonyoung who being vice of student council have busy with her stuff.


Wonyoung presence is almost zero when they do lunch together. But they didnt blame her.


"Lets go bowling" Yena askin in the middle of food.


"Lets make a pair" Yuri advice.


Chaewon and Minjoo lookin to each other take a hint if theres Yujin on it.

 


"Thats fine, ill watching the match. Count on me as supporter" Yujin laughing. She know that her friends keep worrying about her.
 

 


"No way. We should to join" Someone who just coming registered herself. All of them looking at her.

"Im free from student council duty, lets having fun" Wonyoung said.


All of them staring at other. And then welcoming her.

 


"Hei Wonyoung, long time no see" Yujin greet her. She fianlly make a move after a long time.


"Hei Yujin, its tiring you know" She pouted and theres she goes. Yujin heart's attact.

"O-oh r really, y you need to take a rest then" Yujin trying to calm her gayness down.


Their friends judging and keep the laugh. Its bad to looking at them but its cute tho.


"I guess so" Wonyoung take a seat beside her. If Wonyoung keep ask her, Yujin will fainted.

"Ahh thats good, lets go on weekend. Then you guys pick up your-" Yena got hit by Yuri in her arms.

"I mean, Chaewon you pick Minjoo and your daughter and Ill fetch my babe and Yujin" Yena exhale in relieved.

"Fine, then tomorrow at 10" Chaewon announce it.

 



----
 



At the Bowling’s Center.
 


Yena Yuri in 1st place the Yujin Wonyoung the 2nd and Chaewon Minjoo the last.
 


"It wasnt that bad, this duck really good at bowling" Yujin calming Wonyoung who is in fire.

"Im okay with the result but i hate to see that duck's smug face" Wonyoung laughing teasing Yena.


Ahh cute. Yujin thought loudly.


"You said something Yujin?" Wonyoung ask.

"Ah n no Nothing" Yujin stuttering.


When Yujin and Wonyoung still playing the game, the other who take a rest talking about them behind.

 


"They still cute together, arent them?" Minjoo say.


They looking into the ex couple who laughing and sometimes it Wonyoung hitting Yujin's arm lightly and the later just smiling like a fool.


"They still couple, is that any of you thinking they were broke up when they still going like that" Yuri pointing the ex couple while leaning into Yena's shoulder.

"Both of them enjoy being tortured" Chaewon harshly comment with Minjoo give her a peck on her lips.

"You gross" Chaewon scold her shyly.

"You like it, arent you ?" Minjoo teasing and Chaewon who look like tomatos trying her best to still look cool.


Yena and Yuri rolled their eyes.


"At least, we did it in better place" Yena said.


 


After an hour, theres Yujin and Wonyoung joining them while trying to catch a breath.
 

 


"Wonyoung, lets buy some ice cream" Yuri pull Wonyoung's hand and give her no chance to answer.

"Why its not Minjoo, Wonyoung is tired" Yujin madly saying.


 

When Yuri and Wonyoung was in a far. Yena grabed Yujin's hand and pull her to sit down.


"Ahh, you still caring her that much" Yena teasingly.

"Admit it and bring her back Yujin. Both of you is still into each other" Minjoo in Chaewon's arm giving advice.

"Nno im not" Yujin trying to hide her feeling.

"So what was that, laughing ear to ear like you owned this whole place. You seems like enjoy that moment" Yena said.

" Yes i am" Yujin admit it.

"So why? what are you waiting for?" Chaewon asking.

 


" I mean, its better to stay like this. im afraid that it may come back with same mistake" Yujin saying while tying her shoes.


"So how if she got stealed by someone else?" Chaewon another question.

 


"Thats fine, its mean that she already moving and as long as we keep being like this. Its fine" Yujin forced her smile. But they know it.


"Yujin--" Yena said but cut off.


"The sweet things coming" Yuri shouting. Both of them already there.

 


-----

 

Day by day they keep being like that. Sometimes both of Yujin and Wonyoung walking home together. Like the old of day. Really old when they were in the middle school.
 


Telling story into one and other. Laughing at every stupid things that they recalled.

 

You could saying that both of them have their current comfort position. Being each other's bestfriend.


Its already three month. After they decide to end up their relationship.

 


Yujin and Wonyoung have looked by another's someone. They knew it. Yujin and Wonyoung share the story into each other about someone who is into them recently.
 


They feel enough fine with their kind of relationship right now.

 


----

 


High school.

 

Sixth of them now in Yujin's class. It was lunch break. All of them have their own meal. The still couple hanging into theirs. Meanwhile Yujin and Wonyoung just casually talking.


"Wonyoung, did you eat your lunch yet?" Yujin asking the later.

 


Wonyoung shake her head.


"Take some of this, my mom made me this lunch box" Yujin while handing the chopstick with slice of sushi.

 

Yujin feed her carefully.

 

"Is it good ?" Yujin asking while Wonyoung keep munching her food cutely.
 


“Uhm” Wonyoung just nodded and mouthing that she was ready to get another feed.
 


All of her friends just smiling proud of the them who keep their after-break relationship in a good way.

But also, they hope that theres still a chance. Who wouldnt, Yujin and Wonyoung still fit in each other.

 

 


----
 

 


School has ended. Yena already with Yuri. So do with Minjoo and Chaewon. It was friday night. All the couple ready to get some fun.
 


"Wanna take some coffee?" Yujin asking gently to the slightly taller girl.


They still in uniform. Yujin with grey outer with couple heart's sign as an accent. Wonyoung with only uniform.

Both of them sitting at the corner of coffeshop. It was only view of people. Evening vibes and chill.

They keep on laughing. Till the sun changing into the moon.


"So, why you didnt date him? Eric is handsome enough?" Yujin asking.

"No way, he is so random. And his joke isnt into me" Wonyoung saying with disgusting eyes.


 

Yujin just laughing.


"How about Jiheon? She is in the same class with us on middle school. She is smart tho?" Yujin with another choices.


"She is too smart Yujin, i just afraid that i cant make it balance. And you knew it well she is so fckn perfect in every way" Wonyoung pouted.

"How about you, arent you just in kind of things with Juyeon?" Wonyoung turn the table.

"I am, i just go out with him one time. And i found out how cheesy he was. Its too far to reach me" Yujin smuged.

"Yujin, you are the cheesy person and it fit with you" Wonyoung laughing.

"Im not that cheesy, not until Yena's level" Yujin rolled her eyes.


 

The conversation endup longer. Its been 9 PM. And they just walking home.

 

"Yujin, lets go somewhere?" Wonyoung whines.

"Where? Its too dark Wonyoung" Yujin reasoning.

"The park, just a moment" Wonyoung last begged and Yujin give up.

 


They strolling the area, in silent.
 


"Yujin, it was the place that we first met. Did you remember it?" Wonyoung shake Yujin's arms.

"Kind of" Yujin coldly.

"A cute girl who just crying because she lose her mom" Yujin teasingly and Wonyoung hit her arms.

"Because i was still kids" Wonyoung pouted.

"You arent kids. You were ten, when i was in that age i already took a train by myself to my grandma's house" Yujin another tease.



"You are so mean. I hate you" Wonyoung sulking like a baby. She stop her way.
 


Yujin turn her body. Waiting for the sulking baby.


"Hei im sorry" Yujin laughing.


 

 


Wonyoung running. Caught her and hug her tightly.

 

 


"W wh-" Yujin about to pushed her.


"Lemme to stay like this for a while" Wonyoung begging.


Yujin's hand caressing Wonyoung back.


"I miss you Ahn Yujin" Theres Wonyoung with tears in her cheeks flowing into Yujin's shoulder.


Wonyoung burried her face in Yujin's neck.


They didnt move.


Till Yujin push her lighly. Her hand still on Wonyoung's waist and Wonyoung's holding Yujin's shoulder.


Yujin smiling. Showing her beautiful dimples.


She close their gap. She pull Wonyoung waist into her. No space.

 


Yujin place her lips into Wonyoung’s.


Softly.


In Wonyoung's sweet lips, Yujin lost her mind.


Wonyoung who shocked at first, she try to control it and close her eyes. She feel Yujin on hers.

 


Wonyoung miss Yujin, and Yujin miss her.


They pull herself. With blushing face. Both of them.


"What thats for?" Wonyoung shyly.


They were still in the same position. Their forehead pressing into each other.

 


"Your lips looks so pale, i just try to turn that on again” Yujin giggled.


Wonyoung pull her into her second embrace.


Yujin hug her tightly.

 

“Its too late, Lets go home. Your parents might thinking that you was kidnaped by me” Yujin whispering in Wonyoung’s ear. Wonyoung chuckled because it ticklish.

 

 

---

 

 

The next Monday.

 

High School.

 

Chaewon bring Wonyoung into Minjoo’s class. Theres all of their group on it.

 

When they coming. Yujin just focusing her eyes on copying homework. She always forget when it comes to trigonometry.

 

“Wonyoung, they said you dating with Eric?” Yena suddenly asking.

 

Wonyoung just shocked her head.

 

“No way, he likes me. But im not” Wonyoung simply answer.

 

“She will keep single till graduate. Believe me” Minjoo teasing her.

 

“But i heard that perfect Jiheon in favorite class asking you out?” Chaewon investigating.

 

Wonyoung just chuckled.

 

“Guys cant you shut up, I cant even thinking” Yujin saying while messed her hair.

 

“You just have to copying mine, why tho?” Yuri snapped her.

 

 

Yujin sighed and drag Wonyoung into her seat.

 

 

“Babe!  Help me for this, please” Yujin whines while handing her note book into Wonyoung.

 

“Its home’s work not school’s work, Baby” Wonyoung saying while pinching Yujin’s cheeks and planted  sweet kisses on it.

 

The other drooling.

 

 

 

As my apologize to angst Annyeongz recently.

 

Thanks for keep reading :)