Chapter 9: Surprise Visit

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Do you have plans after this lunch?” Lisa asked Jennie who was just playing with her food using her fork as soon as she finished taking the last bite of her food.

 

Jennie who barely even touched her food looked up to face Lisa. She was still wondering as to why Jisoo hasn’t replied back to her yet. She has so many questions in her head. Is she alright? Does she have a hangover? Doesn’t she want to see Jennie again? Jennie pushed those thoughts aside so she could answer her best friend.

 

“I don’t know yet. What about you?” Jennie finally said

 

“I actually have somewhere to go but are you sure you’re alright? Do you want me to stay with you and chill somewhere?”

 

“Nah, I’m fine Lisa. Just go ahead with your date”

 

“Yah! And who told you I have a date?”

 

“Isn’t that what you normally do?” Jennie smiled playfully

 

“I’m a changed woman now unnie”

 

“Since when?” Jennie raised her brow

 

“Since I can’t remember when”

 

“Okay, the let me help you remember. Since you met Rosie?” Jennie smirked

 

“Yah! Why do you always have to bring Rosie up to the conversation?” Lisa glared at Jennie

 

“Alright alright” Jennie raised her hands as if she’s surrendering. “I’ll leave you and your feelings alone” she continued

 

“Thank you” Lisa said firmly “Uhh.. I kinda need to go now unnie. Are you sure you’ll be fine?”

 

“I’ll be fine Lisa, don’t worry” Jennie gave the other girl a genuine smile.

 

 

Jennie was just casually walking along the park when she decided that she couldn’t take it anymore. She couldn’t wait for Jisoo’s reply anymore. So she decided to get her phone in her pocket and started to call someone from her phonebook.

 

“Hello?” the voice from the other line said

 

“Hi Rosie! Sorry to bother you but I just want to ask something”

 

“Sure Jennie! What is it?”

 

Jennie paused. She tried to muster all her courage to ask Rosie the question

 

“Would you know if Jisoo has plans today or if she’s just home? I want to make it up to her… you know for being so caring and driving us home safely”

 

“Oh.. I don’t think she has plans today. She’s just probably at home watching movies like she always do”

 

“Okay.. I could just visit her in your apartment then?”

 

“Of course! I’m glad someone will be able to keep her company even just for a while. I’ll text you the address”

 

Jennie smiled widely as soon as she heard the girl’s response.

 

“Thanks Rosie! And one more thing. What does she like? I don’t want to come to your apartment empty-handed”

 

“Just bring chicken! She loves chicken so much she’ll probably marry one”

 

Jennie giggled upon hearing something about Jisoo “Alright then. Thanks Rosie! Don’t forget to text me the address”

 

“No problem! I will”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter