Chapter 18: The Question

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What the hell just happened?” Jisoo can’t help but to say it to herself. Jennie asked her out. Her close friend Jennie.

 

“Oh hey unnie you’re home” Rosie greeted coming from the kitchen which startled Jisoo

 

“Hey Chaeng, why are you still awake?” Jisoo asked

 

“Oh I couldn’t sleep so I went out to get water. Who were you talking to?”

 

“No one, it’s just…” Jisoo hesitated for a bit if she should tell Rosie. But Jennie asked her out, it’s a huge ing deal, she just had to tell someone.

 

“Yees?” Rosie signaled for her to continue

 

“Jennie asked me out” Jisoo said lowly, almost like a whisper but Rosie still heard it.

 

“She what?!” Rosie exclaimed, shocked evident on her face. Honestly speaking, she wasn’t that shock to know that Jennie asked Jisoo out, she just wasn’t prepared to hear it so soon.

 

“She asked me out” Jisoo repeated, but this time, more audible.

 

“Jennie?” Rosie asked again in order to make sure.

 

“Yes”

 

“Asked you out like what?”

 

“On a date”

 

“On a date?” Rosie repeated

 

“Yes”

 

“What did you say to her?”

 

“Well…. I told her I’d think about it”

 

Rosie nodded, she knew her best friend all too well. Even if she has a tiny bit of hope that Jisoo might actually like Jennie back, going out on a date is going to be something totally new for her best friend.

 

“Do you want to go out with her?” Rosie delicately asked her roommate

 

“I don’t know... I seriously need your help Chaeng” Jisoo answered, uncertainty evident in her face. Jisoo clearly doesn’t know what to do. Jennie may sometimes make her feel things but Jisoo never thought about being romantically involved with her, mainly because Jisoo doesn’t like being in a relationship and she never thinks about being in one.

 

As much as Rosie would want to help Jisoo out, she knows that only her best friend can truly solve and answer her problem but she can probably help Jisoo realize what she wants and that’s what she’s gonna do.

 

“We’ll try to figure it out. But for now, why don’t you go get some rest and sleep first. It’s already late” is all Rosie could tell Jisoo for now. She has some few ideas in mind that would help Jisoo realize how she truly feels for Jennie but she’s gonna need Lisa’s help.

 

Jisoo nodded and sighed heavily “Goodnight, Chaeng” then she smiled at her best friend before heading towards her bedroom

 

“Good night, unnie” Rosie responded. As soon as Jisoo shut the door to her room, Rosie took her phone out and began texting.

 

To Lalisa M: We need to talk

--------------------------------------------

Jennie didn’t get much sleep; all she could ever think of was how she’s afraid of losing Jisoo so much. She’d be lying if she says Jisoo’s answer didn’t bother her because it did but she’s more worried that Jisoo might feel awkward around her which could result in Jisoo not wanting to hang out with her anymore. To say that Jennie is anxious is an understatement because she’s terrified, she’s terrified of losing someone that finally gave meaning to her life.

 

Jennie decided to text Jisoo to relieve some of her anxious thoughts. She just wanted assurance that she won’t lose Jisoo as a friend.

 

To Chichu <3: Hey chu! I just wanted to check up on you. Also, I’m hoping what I said or asked you last night won’t change anything between us

 

Jennie sighed and buried her face on her pillow. She wanted to scream, she shouldn’t have asked Jisoo out. What was she thinking? She knew Jisoo didn’t do relationships or anything of that sort. Her thoughts were cut off when Lisa suddenly barged into her room

 

“Well, well, well, what do we have here?” Lisa cooed

 

“Ever heard of the term knocking?” Jennie hissed, clearly unamused

 

“Oh my, someone is extra grumpy this morning” Lisa teased. She and Rosie talked before she decided to barge into Jennie’s apartment and into her room. Rosie told her how Jennie asked Jisoo out and basically how Jisoo reacted towards it.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“I’m here for my friend who apparently got rejected”

 

“What do you me—wait how did you know about that?!” Jennie barked

 

“Woah, chill. Chaeng told me about it. And I was just teasing. Technically you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter