Chapter 22: The Breakfast

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jisoo woke up to the sound of her alarm. She didn’t want to get up but she knew she didn’t have a choice. She grumbled while she grabbed her phone to turn the annoying sound off and when she looked at her phone screen after, she was a bit disappointed and sad to see that she didn’t have any new messages especially from Jennie. But she knew she didn’t have the right to have those feelings as she was being cold and aloof towards the other girl last night. She didn’t even reply to Jennie’s last text message, so she decided to get over herself and those weird feelings she’s been having and decided to be herself again so she texted Jennie.

 

To Jendeukie: Hi Jen, good morning! You’re probably still sleeping but I just want to say sorry for being weird last night.

 

She forced herself to get up from bed and went straight to her closet to get some clothes so she could already shower. Jisoo wasn’t expecting Jennie to reply since it’s only 5 in the morning and there is no way that the girl would be up this early knowing Jennie’s messed up body clock. While getting her stuff ready, she heard movements from outside her bedroom door. ‘That’s weird, Rosie probably woke up to pee or something’ Jisoo thought. Rosie is pretty much not a morning person as well; she wakes up early because of work but she won’t wake up a minute before her alarm goes off, and she would always set her alarm 45 minutes before her shift starts given that her office is also just a few minutes’ walk away from their shared apartment. So Rosie being awake at 5 in the morning seems a bit out of the ordinary and she’s curious to know why; she was about to walk out from her door to check what her roommate was doin when her phone suddenly chimed.

 

Jendeukie: You know, you really have to get out of your room and shower or you’ll miss your flight.

 

Jisoo had to read the message at least 3 times to finally comprehend that 1) Jennie was awake 2) it’s really just 5 in the morning because she just checked her phone again and 3) Jennie was awake at 5 in the morning, but to top it all off, what the hell was she saying? Is she a psychic or something? She was still holding onto her phone, eyebrows furrowed, eyes still glued to the screen when she finally stepped out of her room, she heard someone faked a cough. When she looked up, she saw Jennie beaming at her, and she was now even more confused than she was five minutes ago. She pinched her own arm because she wasn’t sure if she was dreaming -- thinking it’s impossible for Jennie to be at her apartment at five in the morning and looking as if she’s… cooking? Then she heard Jennie laughing

 

“What are you pinching yourself for?” Jennie asked

 

“What are you….? Why are…? How?” Jisoo didn’t answer the question because she had more questions for Jennie and she just didn’t know which one to ask first.

 

Jennie didn’t speak right away, instead, she walked closer to Jisoo giving the other girl heart palpitations, she placed her hands on Jisoo’s sides before she leaned in and kissed her forehead. When she pulled away she smiled softly at the confused girl and looked at her lovingly

 

“Good morning” Jennie said, her hands never leaving Jisoo’s sides. “I wanted to greet you first before anything else” she continued

 

Jisoo’s heart went somersaults with Jennie’s words. No wonder she gets whomever she wants, this woman is one smooth talker. And the thing is, she liked it, no, Jisoo loved it but she also hated it at the same time. If she’s being honest, Jisoo is a bit insecure, knowing Jennie’s reputation and from what she’s heard all of the people Jennie went out with were gorgeous. She kept telling herself to trust Jennie, that Jennie was being serious when she told her she liked her, but a part of her, deep within her, something is telling her that Jennie might also said the same things to other girls before her.

 

“Smooth Kim” Jisoo tried to sound cool to hide her true emotions. “Is that how you get the girl?” she said jokingly. When Jennie frowned at what she said, she bit her lip feeling guilty. She was ready to apologize when Jennie spoke

 

“No Jisoo. Just to you” Jennie sighed “I know trusting someone with these things is already hard enough for you, and I’m pretty much aware that my track record in dating is not reliable but this is the very reason why I’m trying to show you and prove you otherwise.” Jennie paused and Jisoo kept silent “I know we’ve only known each other for a while, just for a few months actually but I’ve never felt something this strong towards anyone before.”

 

Jisoo wanted to believe Jennie, she really does but she can’t help but hesitate. She considered herself a plant for a reason, it’s because she didn’t trust feelings, and she’s very much afraid of betrayals because they hurt like a . She decided it’s best to not dwell into those thoughts for now, especially since she has a flight to catch and to be at the airport in an hour

 

“Just.... why are you here Jennie? And how did you get in?” she opted to change the topic and at the same time get some answers so she would be less confused.

 

“Why don’t you take a shower first; breakfast will be ready by then. I’ll answer your questions while we eat”

 

-----

 

When Jisoo stepped out of the shower, she was already fully dressed and ready. When she arrived at the dining area, she was surprised to see the table filled with her favorite breakfast foods that Jennie cooked herself.

 

“Let’s eat Chu, we don’t want you to be late and miss your flight” Jennie called out to her and pulled the chair out for her to take a seat. When Jennie started putting food on Jisoo’s plate, Jisoo decided to joke “Jen, are you going to feed me like a baby now?”

 

Jennie who was so busy filling Jisoo’s plate up widened her eyes with delight “Ooooh can I?”

 

“What? Jennie!! No!” Jisoo chuckled

 

Jennie pouted and Jisoo found it really adorable “Why not?”

 

“Because…..I am perfectly capable of eating on my own, thank you very much” Jisoo giggled

 

“Hmm.. what if I’m the one who’s not capable of eating on my own?” Jennie asked

 

“You’re fully capabl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter