Chapter 12: Weekend Getaway part I

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12:

 

Jennie drove her way to Lisa’s house first before picking up Rosie and Jisoo at the coffee shop where they have agreed to meet upon.

 

“Are you excited?!” Lisa cheered as soon as she got into Jennie’s car

 

“I was” Jennie coldly said to her

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Lisa asked

 

“Nothing. I just didn’t get to sleep at all last night” Jennie didn’t totally lie since she really didn’t get any sleep last night. But she didn’t want to explain things either. At least not now.

 

Lisa has known Jennie for the longest time. And she knows when something is bothering her best friend.

 

“Hmm. Maybe you should let me drive”

 

“No, I’d rather die first before I let drive touch my car”

 

“In this state, we’ll all die first and you’ll bring us along with you. Come on let me drive”

 

Jennie sighed. She knows Lisa was right

 

“Fine. But be careful okay?”

 

“Of course, I’ll take care of your car like my life depends on it. Literally.”

 

Lisa and Jennie arrived at the meeting spot just in time when they saw Rosie outside the coffee shop waiting for them but no Jisoo around. They both got out of the car since they had to switch positions.

 

“Hey guys! Good morning!” Rosie excitedly said

 

“Good morning!” Lisa greeted as excitedly as the former

 

“Uhh.. Where’s Jisoo?” Jennie asked while looking around. Completely ignoring Rosie’s greeting.

 

“Oh she’s just getting us coffee inside. She’d be out in a few minutes”

 

“So Rosie, do you want to call shotgun while I drive?” Lisa nudged Rosie’s side

 

“Why are you going to drive?” Jisoo walked out of the door of the coffee shop in the middle of Lisa’s statement which brought her to ask. “I thought Jennie was the one driving us?” she continued as she points towards Jennie’s direction.

 

“Oh hey unnie! Yeah she was but then she didn’t get sleep last night” Lisa said as she reached for the cup of coffee Jisoo was handing her.

 

“You didn’t?” Jisoo turned to look at Jennie while she gives everyone their cup of coffee “Why?”

 

It’s because of you stupid. Jennie thought, but she didn’t say anything. Instead she just shrugged at the question and mouthed a thank you when Jisoo handed her her coffee.

 

“Okay! I think we’d better go. I don’t want us to get stuck in traffic” Rosie blurted out

 

Rosie called shotgun while Jisoo and Jennie sat at the back of the car. Jennie was just looking outside the window of the car the whole time while Jisoo just kept on glancing over the other girl. 

 

Jisoo was wondering why Jennie was acting weird. She barely said a word to her ever since they met at the coffee shop earlier that day. She was wondering if she did anything to upset the girl but she can’t think of any reason. Maybe she just had a bad day, Jisoo thought to herself so she let Jennie be alone with her thoughts.

 

Jennie sighed for the nth time today. She wanted to talk to Jisoo but she didn’t know what to say without sounding so jealous. Jisoo not asking her if she’s okay given that she hasn’t uttered a single word since earlier that morning is making her even more worried. Worried that Jisoo doesn’t care for her – not even slightly.

 

Meanwhile, Rosie and Lisa were both jamming to their favorite songs totally not noticing the quietness behind them. Apparently, the two share the same taste in music which made them even more closer. Rosie looked over her shoulders to check the two older girls behind them

 

“Hey! We’re about to go to our first stop. We can go get some breakfast. Yay!” Rosie said while wiggling her body in excitement

 

“You’re always so excited to eat Chaeyoung, I wonder if there’s anything that makes you happy more than food” Jisoo chuckled. She can’t help but laugh at her best friend for being so passionate towards eating and food.

 

“Nothing! Food is life! Food is love” Rosie threw both of her arms up in the air.

 

“Really?” Lisa raised her eyebrow “Well, we can always change that” she smirked.

 

Rosie shook her head. She’s pretty sure nothing can top her love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter