Chapter 20: The Confused Jisoo

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two girls are both sitting at Jisoo’s apartment trying to choose which movie to watch next. They’ve already seen two movies and they are now picking their third. Jennie saw something she liked on the selection but Jisoo refuses to watch the said movie

 

“Just pick Land Before Time” Jennie demanded

 

“Noo, that movie makes me sad” Jisoo countered

 

“It’s a great movie what are you talking about”

 

“I know it is, it’s just it makes me sad, you know when little foot lost her mum”

 

Jennie can’t help but find Jisoo adorable “Aww you’re like a baby, so cute”

 

Jisoo huffed and pouted “I’m not!”

 

“Well to me you are.. You’re my baby” Jennie wore a smug look on her face

 

The other girl’s statement made Jisoo’s heart do somersaults but she tried to ignore it to avoid embarrassing herself again in front of the girl.

 

“Let’s just pick another one” Jisoo tried to change the conversation

 

“No give me the remote” Jennie tried to take the remote from Jisoo but she hid it at her back.

 

While the both of them are trying to get and keep the remote to themselves, they didn’t notice how close they are to each other Jennie being on top of Jisoo and Jisoo being pressed down the couch. Only when Jisoo caught her breath did Jennie notice their close proximity.

 

Jennie swears her heart skipped a beat when she looked at Jisoo who was already looking at her, gaze piercing through her soul. They’re so close to each other that Jennie could actually smell Jisoo’s shampoo. When Jisoo wet her lips, Jennie took it as a signal. She looked at Jisoo’s heart-shaped lips before slowly leaning closer, their lips barely an inch apart, Jennie looked at Jisoo’s eyes once again as if she’s asking for permission. When Jisoo closed her eyes, she got her answer. Their lips slightly brushed against each other when the door suddenly opened and they immediately detached from each other.

 

“Unnie, I’m home!!” Rosie happily called “Oh, hi Jennie, sorry didn’t know you’re here” she said a bit confused when she saw them awkwardly sitting on the couch and weirdly a few meters apart.

“Hey Chaeng, you’re home early” Jisoo said, her cheeks burning red

 

Rosie raised an eyebrow “It’s almost 1am, unnie.”

 

“Oh my, would you look at that. I didn’t notice it’s already late. Uhh well that was fun” Jisoo uttered quite fast “Thank you for keeping me company Jennie, let’s do it again soon”

 

‘What the heck?’ Jennie thought to herself and clearly confused. ‘Is she kicking me out?’ she continued her mental dialogue with herself.

 

“Umm, can we at least talk about it?” Jennie decided to speak and stop having her conversations with herself.

 

Rosie smirked at how the two girls are acting and she finds the turn of events quite amusing. Her roommate’s reaction only made Jisoo even more uncomfortable so she decided to lie, she and Jennie can always talk some other time, especially when her best friend is not around

 

“Uhh, about the movie?” Jisoo chuckled nervously “I’m actually kinda sleep now Jen, so maybe some other time?”

Rosie decided to chime in “Oh no, no, no. You don’t have to cut your…” she paused to make a hand gesture pointing to Jisoo and then to Jennie “Movie marathon” she continued “Just act as if I’m not here. I’ll be in my room” she then winked at the two of them before heading to her bedroom.

“Soooo…” Jennie spoke first

Jisoo sighed, she doesn’t want to have this conversation with Jennie yet. Not when she herself can’t even understand and explain what happened earlier. But she knows that eventually they’ll have to talk about it but Jisoo needs a little bit more time to prepare

 

“Seriously, Jen. I’m kinda sleepy. I’m sorry. How about we talk about this tomorrow?” She smiled apologetically towards Jennie

 

“Okay” Jennie nodded “Tomorrow at lunch?”

 

Talking about their almost shared kiss isn’t something Jisoo would like to talk to Jennie about lunch. She doesn’t know how it might positively or negatively affect her work afterwards since she has to come back to the office after lunch.

 

“Actually, how about dinner?” she offered

 

“Oh” Jennie paused. Of all the days and night, it just had to be tomorrow night when Jennie already made plans. And it’s something she really can’t cancel. But it’s Jisoo. She’s having an internal debate with herself.

 

“Is there something wrong?” Jisoo asked

 

“No, nothing.. It’s just that.” Another pause “I can’t tomorrow night”

 

This time, it’s Jisoo’s turn to say “Oh” looking a bit disappointed

 

Jennie can’t do this; she can’t deny Jisoo her time. She can reschedule her dinner tomorrow night. Jisoo would always come first to her.

 

“Well I can reschedule…”

 

Jisoo cut her off “No, Jen. It’s okay” she smiled genuinely. “Don’t cancel plans for me, we can do it some other time.”

 

“But…” Jennie tried only to be cut off again by Jisoo

 

“Jen, it’s really okay. If you want, we can talk during lunch” Jisoo reassured

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes, I’m sure. Besides it might be important right?”

 

“Actually. It’s not that important” Jennie said honestly “I’m just meeting up with a….” she paused and think for a bit, what is she to Jennie? “…. a friend who came back from the US” she continued

 

“Oh I see. Then you guys must have a lot to catch up about”

 

“Jisoo?’

 

“Hmm?”

 

“It’s okay if I meet up with people right?” Jennie asked tentatively

 

Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows, she wasn’t sure why Jennie is asking a rather weird question “Of course Jen” she chuckled, “You’re free to meet up with whoever you like”

 

“Okay, so.. you’re not gonna get mad even if I had a history with that person?”

 

Jisoo was surprised by what Jennie told her. She knew Jennie dated a lot of people in the past and she had a bit of a reputation but from what she knows, she never keeps in touch with an ex.

 

“Oh.. yeah it’s alright Jen, besides it’s not as if I have a right to restrict you from seeing someone, not that I want to of course… but I didn’t know you were still keeping in touch with one of your exes?”

 

Jennie rubbed her forehead, a habit she developed when she’s either stressed or frustrated “She’s not my ex, Jisoo. Have you forgotten I’ve never been in an actual relationship because I was so afraid of commitment?” she sighed “well I was afraid before, but not anymore. Anyway, she’s just a friend to me now.”

 

“Okay” Jisoo mumbled

 

Jennie turned to give Jisoo a side-hug, her chin resting on Jisoo’s shoulder “You sure?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter