Chapter 31: Trust Issues

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rosie understands that there’s only 2 weeks left before their official launch party but she’s so done with Jennie always wanting to have a meeting every day. She literally spent her entire week last week meeting with the team and what annoys her the most is that Lisa would always be there. Jennie made an excuse that it was okay for Lisa to be part of it since she’ll be modelling their product so Rosie couldn’t do anything but endure it and act as professional as she could. But today she just finds it too much. It’s a Saturday and she’s supposed to meet up and hang out with Jisoo. When she told Jennie if she could skip for today, Jennie insists that she’ll come to her instead to bring her the flash drive containing the files.

 

Knowing very well that Jisoo still doesn’t want to be around Jennie, Rosie had the decency to let her best friend know of the situation. She told Jisoo that she’d understand if she would opt to reschedule their meet up but it’s been quite a while since they’ve last hung out so so the older girl said that she’ll be fine, it’s not like Jennie is going to stay there with them anyway.

 

Jennie on the other hand prays to all the gods that Jisoo is the one Rosie is going to be hanging out with. When Rosie asked her if they could skip for today because she’ll be meeting up with a friend, the more Jennie wanted to meet up – using their project as an excuse. She misses Jisoo, she doesn’t know if she’ll see her today but she’s hoping she would, she’s hoping to see even just a glimpse of her.

 

----------

 

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay?” Rosie asked her best friend from across the table.

Jisoo shrugged, she still doesn’t want to see Jennie, but she can’t avoid her forever, it’s time she accepts and face what happened in order for her to really move on. “Yeah I mean, she won’t be staying long right?” she answered her best friend while slicing a piece of her chocolate cake.

 

“I think so, yeah. She’s just dropping off some flash drives containing some files and presentations”

 

Jisoo nodded, “How are things between you and Lisa?”

 

Rosie groaned “She’s annoying me like all the time!” she raised her hands in frustration

 

Jisoo only giggled “When are you planning to forgive her?”

 

Rosie shot her a questionable look “What are you saying? You of all people know what she did”

 

“Yeah, to me, but she didn’t do anything wrong to you”

 

“But aren’t you mad at her?”

 

“I was. But only for a short while. I won’t be mad at you if you still continue seeing her you know” Jisoo chuckled

 

Rosie scoffed “And what makes you think I still want to be with her?”

 

“Well… for one, you didn’t block her number. You could’ve easily done that you know. With how you complain to me everyday that she keeps texting you and annoying you to no end. But you didn’t. That must mean something”

 

“But I don’t understand, if you’re not mad at Lisa anymore, does that mean you forgive Jennie too?”

 

“I’m not mad at her anymore if that’s what you’re asking”

 

“So….” Rosie trailed “Do you want to get back together with her?”

 

“No” Jisoo curtly responded

 

“I don’t get it. If you’re not mad at her anymore, then why not? Do you not love her anymore?”

 

Jisoo stiffened at her best friend’s question. Does she still love Jennie? Or were her feelings all went away the moment she found out about what happened? Truth is, the reason why she didn’t want to see Jennie is because she’s afraid to remember how she felt for the girl. She’s afraid that if she sees her, it will hurt her even more because she knows she can’t be with her.  Jisoo smiled sadly “I don’t trust her”

 

Rosie nodded and smiled gently at her best friend. She reached for the older girl’s hand and squeezed it tight, to let her know that she understands and she’ll be there for her through her pain and healing. Her best friend had trust issues even before she met Jennie, it won’t be easy for her to trust again, to be honest, giving Jennie a chance, and giving love a chance, Rosie knows her best friend already went out of her comfort zone, because for once, Jisoo decided to trust someone, for once she entrusted her heart to someone, and for once, she let Jennie win over her anxiety. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter