Chapter 27: Girlfriends

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: Yes, guys, I'm back! Hope you guys are still into this story. I'm sorry, and I really appreciate you all for staying]

 

It had been weeks since Jennie and Jisoo had officially gone out together and things have been amazing for the both of them. Jennie would sometimes randomly surprise Jisoo in her office after her work hours with flowers and Jisoo would swoon every time. They’ve also gone out a few times since their first date but their movie nights at Jisoo’s apartment is Jennie’s favorite because she get to hold her girlfriend and make out with her a lot.

 

It was another weekday when Rosie and Jennie were supposed to to have a lunch meeting to finalize the project that they’ve been working on and for them to finally launch their product promotion. Jennie invited JIsoo since she argued that she’s Rosie’s bestfriend anyway so it wouldn’t be a problem but Jisoo insisted that they go on with their lunch meeting without her. She didn’t want to be a bother since she knows they have a lot of work to catch up on, hence the meeting even during lunch break.

 

So Jisoo decided to invite Soojoo for lunch since she feels like they haven’t spoken to in forever and Soojoo is really a close friend so she wanted her to be updated in each other’s lives. And now, they are both sitting across each other in Jisoo’s favorite Thai restaurant.

 

“It’s good to see you Jis. How are things with you?” Soojoo asked

 

“It’s good to see you too, Joo. I’m sorry if I haven’t been around lately, it’s just that ever since Jennie and I got together, we’ve sort of been attached to the hip”

 

Soojoo was surpised, she didn’t expect that at all. She knew that they have been closer because they’ve been spending time together but never did she expect for Jisoo to actually agree to be in a relationship.

 

“Wait, what did you say? You and Jennie?”

 

“Oh yeah, that’s the big new I’ve been wanting to tell you about” Jisoo said sheepishly

 

“Are you sure about this Jisoo? I mean, I’ve heard some stuff about Jennie and... “  Soojoo sighed hopelessly “I’m just worried about you, okay?”

 

“I know, but you don’t have to worry about me okay? Jennie has always been honest about her life before and I completely trust that she won’t do that to me.”

 

“Not to sound negative but, how do you know that she won’t do that to you?”

 

“All I know is that I love her and I’m really really happy when I’m with her”

 

Soojoo sighed “Does she treat you well?”

 

Jisoo smiled “Yes, she does”

 

“Okay, then I guess I don’t have a choice but to be supportive. I hope you’re right about this Jisoo. And Jennie better not hurt you”

 

Soojoo really meant what she said. If Jisoo’s happy, she’s going to support that happiness, but if Jennie does something to hurt Jisoo, she’ll do everything for Jisoo to see that she deserves better and she’ll do her best to be that person for her.

 

 

----------

 

Soojoo went back to her client’s office after her lunch with Jisoo. She’s trying her best to put everything they’ve talked about behind her head because she has to focus as an auditor. But she somehow can’t seem to get it out of her head and found herself lost in thought a few times which didn’t go unnoticed by Mino.

 

“Hey Soojoo? Is everything alright?” He asked and when Soojoo didn’t respond he snapped his two fingers infront of her

 

“Earth to Soojoo?”

 

This seemed to work and broke Soojoo out of her trance “Oh hey, sorry about that, where were we?”

 

“What’s bothering you?”

“It’s nothing, let’s just get back to work” Soojoo denied

 

Mino sighed “You won’t be able to work properly unless you let out what’s been bothering you. Maybe I can help?”

 

Soojoo contemplated for a while before finally giving in, after all, she thinks Mino was right, she won’t be able to work properly anyway so might as well get it off her head “It’s just that, the girl I like, is now with someone else”

 

“Sorry to hear that” Mino said sympathetically

 

“And you know what’s worse? The girl doesn’t even deserve her… I mean Jisoo’s so pure and innocent and…” Soojoo wasn’t able to finish her sentence when Mino cut her off

 

“Wait did you say Jisoo?” He thinks he heard that name from somewhere

 

Soojoo suddenly remembered that Mino was friends with Jennie when they bumped into them that one time “Right, I assume you know her, considering you’re friends with Jennie”

 

And that’s when Mino realized that he heard the name Jisoo when Jennie and Lisa mentioned about a bet but Jennie called it off because apparently she fell for the girl.

 

“Are they together now?”

 

“Yes, just a few weeks ago apparently”

Mino couldn’t believe his ears. He couldn’t believe Jennie would be in an actual relationship, with labels and all that couple-y stuff. Maybe without Jisoo in the picture, he would’ve stood a chance, after all, the only reason why he stopped pursuing Jennie is because she’s allergic to commitment.

 

“So Jennie did it huh” Mino smirked, he thought of an idea.

 

“Did what?” Soojoo asked confusingly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter