Chapter 7: Jennie's house

The Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jisoo parked the car as soon as they arrived at Jennie’s house. Jisoo knew Jennie was rich with how the latter carries herself but she didn’t know she was THAT rich. Jennie’s house is literally a mansion with a 7-car garage and a long driveway to get to the main door.

 

“You know it’s dangerous to go home alone at this hour. Why don’t you just stay over?” Jennie offered as soon as they both got off the car.

 

“No, it’s fine, I can take care of myself, thanks, Jennie”

 

“I’ll tell my driver to drive you home”

 

“I swear Jennie, I’m o-“ but before Jisoo could even finish her sentence, Jennie cut her off.

 

“Please, Jisoo, it’s the least I could do. We didn’t decline your offer to drive us home didn’t we? So can you please at least take this offer?”

 

“Uhh… yeah..okay… thank you” Jisoo shyly took the offer. Besides Jisoo knew it’s terribly difficult to get a cab when it’s already that late.

 

“Great! Now let’s go inside first while waiting for Mr. Lee” Jennie suggested

 

Jennie and Jisoo both waited inside Jennie’s room. Jennie’s room is like a hotel suite, she has a queen sized bed, a huge bathroom of her own, a mini fridge, a huge television hanging on the wall below the split type air-condition infront of the bed, a sofa, and a study/work table near the window.

 

“Would you like some coffee or tea?” Jennie offered

 

“No thanks, I’m fine…. Nice room by the way”

 

“Thanks. I find it pretty plain though to be honest. I’ve always wanted to decorate my room with posters and paintings but my mom always finds those messy”

 

“I think it’s pretty neat. I like it” Jisoo said smiling at Jennie

 

“Please make yourself feel comfortable, I’ll just go tell one of our helpers to go find Mr. Lee” Jennie said returning the smile.

 

Jennie went out of the room and Jisoo took a sit on the sofa. She took out her phone and she saw several text messages from Rosie. The girl must have been super worried.

 

RosiePosie: Jisooyah! Where are you now?

RosiePosie: Want me to pick you up?

RosiePosie: Lisa texted that you were able to drop her off safely and that Jennie’s house isn’t that far from her house. Were you able to drop Jennie home?

RosiePosie: Yah! Why aren’t you replying?!

RosiePosie: Yahhhh!! Jisoo!!!

RosiePosie: Kim Jisoo!!!

 

Jisoo sighed. She knew her best friend always worries about her a lot, and by not replying to her messages, she has been going crazy right now. Jisoo decided to text Rosie back

 

To RosiePosie: Chayeong-ah! I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. I’m at Jennie’s house right now. She offered to have her driver drive me home.

 

In less than a minute, Jisoo’s phone lights up again indicating that her best friendl had immediately responded to her text message.

 

RosiePosie: Yah! Why didn’t you text me at least? I have been worried sick! And what time are you going to be home?

 

To RosiePosie: I don’t know yet, Jennie asked one of their helpers to go find her driver, so I might have to wait for a while. Don’t wait up for me, I’ll see you at home.

 

RosiePosie: Fine, knowing that Jennie’s driver will be driving you home, I can now rest in peace… Wait that sounded so wrong but you get what I mean. See you at home unnie!

 

Jisoo chuckled at the girl’s message just in time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter