Chapter 23

Dating my high school teacher
Please log in to read the full chapter

1 year later in San francisco

Jun's POV

I can't believe it's already been three years since I came here and today is the day I graduate with distinction. Since Taeyeon noona and the rest did not have the free time to come over to celebrate with me, me and my schoolmates went to a restaurant nearby our university after our ceremony to celebrate. Everyone in the restaurant are loud and happy, ordering food and alcohol while some of the guys keep standing up and asking everyone for cheers. As it's getting a little too much for me to handle, I excuse myself from them and went out of the restaurant for a quick smoke while also to let my ears rest from all of the noise inside. After lighting up my cigarette and taking in the first puff, I felt my phone vibrate and I take it to see who it is.

" Congratulations my little dongsaeng. I can't believe you finish it with distinction. Everyone here is so proud of you and sorry we cannot go over there to celebrate with you." Taeyeon said in her message which made me smile as I take another puff. Before I can reply to her message, someone called me from the side making me look up and towards the direction of the voice and I'm surprise to see this person here.

" Sica? Oh I'm sorry, where are my manners. Jessica noona... Why are you here?" I said as I quickly throw my cigarette on the ground and stomp on it.

" Hey Jun, never knew you smoke. Well, I live around here actually and I'm just on the way back home. Congratulations on graduating by the way." Jessica noona said with a smile as she reach her hand out and I grab it and give it a light shake before pulling away.

" Stress I guess and thank you." I smile. " But why do you live here? What about Korea?"

" Don't worry, I'm only here to visit my parents." Jessica noona chuckles " aren't you suppose to be inside celebrating?"

" Yeah. Well, I will be going in then." I bow a little and smile to her. I guess it's still awkward between us. Before I walk in, Jessica noona call out to me.

" Jun, let's meet at the park nearby your school tomorrow shall we? We have a lot to catch you know." Jessica noona smile at me and I just nodded with a smile. " See you then." She said and turn around, walking away.

Next day morning at the park

No POV

Jun arrive at the park earlier than the meeting time and find a bench to sit. He take a sip of his coffee while looking around the park. He set the cups down when his phone vibrate and he laugh at his group chat and start typing on it, not noticing that Jessica has arrive and is standing in front of him. With her hands behind her back, she lean down a little and call Jun.

" Hey. Looks like your having fun on your phone." Jessica said and Jun look up, surprise.

" Oh hey noona. Well, it's my university group chat. They are going crazy about how much hangover they have from yesterday's drinking." Jun said before keeping his phone and pick up the cups. He pass one of the cups to Jessica and she take it from him and sit beside him.

" Thanks for the drink Jun." Jessica said and take a sip of it before widening her eyes in surprise.

Jessica's POV

" Isn't this? He still remembers after so long?" I thought to myself as I turn to look at Jun as he continue to sip on his drink.

" You like it? I remembered that you like that so I bought it for you. Unless your taste has changed." Jun said and look at me and I shake my head.

" Still the same like last time. Didn't expect you to remember my favourite drink after so long." I said while sipping on my drink.

" The advantage of having a good brain. That is why I did well in school." Jun said, making me roll my eyes. " So.... How are you doing this past few years. I heard from Moonbyul noona that you quit teaching and went to do something else." 

" Well I'm doing fine thanks for asking. After you graduated, I continued for another year before quitting."

" Why though?" 

" Well, I never tell you this before but I actually wanted to do fashion but I'm just not that sure yet so instead I opt to work as a school teacher while planning for it." I said as I finish my drink and set it aside.

" Ah." Jun as he also finishes his drink. " Let's go grab something to eat shall we." He said and I nod.

" Is it tough? Your new job." Jun said as we are walking towards a small cafe.

" Not really. I find the challenge interesting. It's just tiring since I need to handle alot of stuff on my own." I said as we sit down.

" Don't you have any colleagues to help you with some stuff?" 

" Nope. I'm working all alone because...." 

" Because?" Jun said as he lean forward, curious with what I'm going to say next.

" because we haven't order yet and I'm hungry." I said and chuckle causing him to lean back with frown.

" Eh... And I was so focus on you answer." He cross his arms and look away, making me laugh.

" Alright, I will go and order something for us to eat alright." I said and he nodded.

No POV

After their orders arrived, they start eating while chatting about all the stuff everyone did back in Korea after Jun left.

" Wow, I can't believe she did that." Jun said as he laugh.

" I know right." Jessica said as she finish up her drink and look at Jun. " You done? We should go when you're done."

Jun nodded and the both of them went to pay up for the food, which consist of the both of them fighting for who to pay and Jun ends up winning. Once they are out, Jessica just look at Jun with a pout making him chuckle.

" Hey, don't go all sulky on me noona. You have already paid for my meals so many times. It's time I pay for some of it." 

" You keeping scores now huh." Jessica said and make a frown.

" Did I?" Jun push his finger on her frown. " Stop frowning. Alright, you can pay for mine next time alright." He chuckle.

After their quick banter with each other, they become silent while walking back. After another 5 minutes of silences, Jessica spoke up.

" I miss this." She said as she look down.

Jun continue in silence and Jessica carry on with what she is gonna say.

" I miss those kind of talks that we had at the cafe and the banters had just now. I miss all of those stuff we did and I miss you the most." Jessica said as she stop and look at Jun.

" I....I don't know what to say." Jun look into Jessica's eyes.

" Don't you miss me too?" Jessica said with hope in her eyes.

" I'm sorry noona." Jun said while still looking at her and he see that hopefulness in her eyes just vanished.

" Oh.....I guess it's only just me that did not move on." Jessica l

Please log in to read the full chapter