Truth & Twist

What if - Markson

Bambam was the first one to speak.

 

‘ Aah Jackson Hyung, you missed something really interesting when you were in China. It’s about Mark hyung.’

 

He held Jackson’s hand and literally shook him.

 

Everyone started laughing. The two Maknaes, Bambam and Yugeom were really excited to spill the beans whereas the olders were laughing hard to hear their version of the story. The boys had wild imagination at that time and the olders didn’t bother telling them the truth. It was just too fun. Even Mark had got into this play and had told those two coolly.

 

‘You will understand when you will finally fall in love’.

 

Mark put his hand on his forehead the moment Bambam brought up the topic. He had dug a hole for himself. Well, it was not his fault. Who knew what was going to happen today. If the incident with Jackson had not happened in the room few minutes ago, Mark would have been happily enjoying Bambam and Yugeom fooling themselves. But right now, it was different. He was worried about Jackson’s reactions.

 

Actually, when the news was spreading, and the members came to know about it, JB, Jin-Young and Youngjae were really cool about it. They knew media had just exaggerated the news.

 

Mark and Jin-Young had left that day to bring groceries. Back at dorm, JB and Youngjae were in charge of making food and checking the recipes online. Bambam and Yugeom were fighting in online games. Bambam who had lost two times in a row was determined not to lose to Yugeom again and Yugeom who couldn’t believe he was winning wanted to make it hattrick. Their fighting spirit had increased to ultra-level.

 

When Mark and Jin-Young had just finished buying the groceries, they were walking to the car park. This was when Mark had met his female friend. She was really glad that she met Mark because she was on her way to buy birthday gift for her boyfriend. Her boyfriend liked to put on accessories lately and had similar taste to Mark. Thus, the friend had requested Mark to help her choose the gift.

 

‘Please, it’s not gonna take much time', she requested.

 

Mark looked at Jin- Young. It was clear, he was asking, 'shall we?'. Jin-Young didn’t have to read much.

 

‘Ok. We still have time’, Jin-Young replied.

 

The girl was really happy.

 

‘Yes!! thank you so much’.

 

They had just taken few steps to store when Jin-Young received a call from JB.

‘Are you guys still there?’

 

‘Yes, we just met Mark’s friend. She needs help to buy a gift for her boyfriend. So, we are going to help to choose the gift. Don’t worry. We have finished buying grocery. We will be back soon’.

 

‘It’s ok. Youngjae found one recipe online which he really wants to try to make. We are lacking soy-sauce. Can you bring that please? It’s good that you guys are still there. Thanks to Mark’s friend’, JB replied on the phone.

 

‘Yeah, we will finish quickly and come back. See you soon’, he cut off the phone.

 

Jin- Young looked at Mark and his friend.

 

‘sorry, I will have to go to the grocery store to buy the sauce. JB just called me for that. You two can go to store, I will join you guys soon after I finish buying it.’

 

Everyone agreed, and they had parted ways. Like Jin-Young had said he joined them after few minutes.

 

Thus, when the news came, the older boys were like are you kidding me? So, this is what they called fake news. Mark’s reaction was like Gosh, Even Jin-Young was there. Why didn’t they take picture with Jin-Young? But BamBam and Yugeom were jumping with excitement and asking when they could meet her. When were they planning to marry, how many kids they were planning and after a while, they were nearly into tears saying hyung is going to leave us if he gets married. Seeing their reaction was too hilarious for the older boys. Mark had rolled on the floor. The other boys were laughing so hard, their tears were coming out. Thus, the poor two were left even more confused. Was the news even true in the end? Otherwise why would the hyungs be laughing like crazy. But, Mark really enjoyed it and had ended the drama with that cool dialogue. Hence, the two of them were totally fooled.

 

But, right now, it was going to backfire, Mark was certain about it.

 

‘oh, what is it, Hyung?? Did I miss something?’, Jackson asked Mark acting as if he had no idea what was going on. He was smiling looking towards his Markiepooh.

 

Mark was about to speak but Jin-Young’s voice was heard.

 

‘oh, Mark Hyung has a girlfriend and he proposed. He went to the jewellery store with her. The story is in the news right now’.

 

JB and Yongjae were with a big grin.

Jin-Young was calm and looking at Jackson.

Bambam and Yugeom expressions were like yeah, that’s the news.

Mark was throwing dagger towards Jin-Young with his eyes.

‘How could you? Why are you lying and he asked me not you’

 

Jack who was smiling and looking at Mark heard Jin-Young clearly. His smile slowly disappeared. Even though Mark had told him it was not true. He didn’t like what he heard.

 

He asked in Chinese so only Mark would reply to him – ‘Mark, why is Jin-Young saying different to what you said. Did u really tell me the truth?’.

 

Mark didn’t like this situation at all. He was really angry. Angry with himself because he should have cleared the misunderstanding with his two Maknaes even though it was funny, and he was also angry with Jack. ‘Doesn’t he trust me? What happened to the love he was promising me before’, he thought.

He got up from chair.

Looked at Bambam and Yugeom and said – ‘guys, I lied to you. I am sorry, Ok. There is no girlfriend. So, no marriage, no kids and yes, I am not leaving you guys.’

He looked at Jack and said- ‘ I didn’t lie to you ok. She was just a friend’.

He looked at Jin- Young finally and said – ‘ Jinyoung, why..’

 

JB suddenly shouted – ‘yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, I won’. His both hands in the air.

 

Youngjae and Jin- Young were shaking their heads in disappointment.

 

‘I should not have trusted you, hyung. I knew you were not going to lie to Jackson Hyung, but still. You could have lied at least one time’, Youngjae said with a sad voice.

 

Jinyoung just gave a big sigh and shook his head.

 

Yugeom and Bambam were shocked that the hyungs had lied them. Only Jackson and JB were laughing hard.

 

The whole situation was like what the hell was going on. Mark could not understand at all. Why were Jackson and JB laughing? 

 

JB finally hold his laughter and spoke- ‘Hyung, we, three actually had a bet before coming here that whether you will lie or not to Jackson about this matter. I was the only one to bet you will not lie to Jackson. Jin-Young and Youngjae had bet you were going to lie to him too’

 

‘They secretly asked me for my help. So, I had to act that way. Sorry, Mark for that’, Jackson added.

 

Jin-young and Youngjae quickly got up from their chairs and escaped to their rooms saying they have to go to bed early.

JB followed them saying they owe him the money from the bet.

 

Yugeom and Bambam were disappointed there was no girlfriend.

 

‘ And here I was so excited, we were going to keep it secret and help Hyung’, Bambam sighed.

 

‘Yes…’, Yugeom sighed too.

 

One second. Two second and next, the boys left running.

‘ This time, you are going to lose so bad, Yugeom’

‘only in your dreams’

 

Like that, everyone left besides the Markson.

 

Mark was following the two lads with eyes and they disappeared into the next room.

 

Jackson walked to Mark who was still standing and slowly hugged his waist from behind, put his head on his shoulder. He gently gave a kiss on the Mark’s shoulder.

 

‘ Have you calmed down?’

 

‘Yes…Jack, next time, please inform me beforehand about these kind of things. I realised I don’t like it when you don’t trust me even though it was a lie’

 

‘ok and I am sorry, Mark. Even though, I knew the truth already, I must admit I was jealous. I shouldn’t have talked to you like that’, he placed a kiss on Mark’s neck this time and slowly turned him around to face him.

 

‘Mark…Let’s do it’.