What about us??

What if - Markson

‘ Hyung, are you waiting for someone?’. Jin-Young put the bottle aside. He was not someone who kept the thought to himself. The only thought he had kept to himself all this time was his thoughts about his Mark hyung.

‘How did you know?’, Mark’s answer was immediate. As soon as he said it he was like, ! I fell into the trap.

JinYoung smiled. Mark Hyung, I am rarely wrong about you. You don’t know about it. You may look hard to read but for someone who have observed you for so long, it’s different.

‘Well and I can even tell, you are waiting for….Jackson?’, Jin-Young teased.

Mark was speechless. ‘Am I that obvious?’, he thought. He knew that there was no point in lying because at this point, he was so shocked how JinYoung was right about him waiting and it was for Jackson; no immediate lies came to his head in response to Jin-Young’s question and he was certain his facial expression had already betrayed him. He was a good liar when he wanted to and when it was fun but whenever he would get caught in his lies, he would always give up. He didn’t like to lie for a long time.

JinYoung saw how Mark was flustered.

‘wahhhh… don’t tell me I am right again?’, he sounded genuinely surprised. Of course, he knew he was right. He really wanted to admire his acting skills.

‘ummm… yeah, we just decided to go out for a walk. Just for fresh air’.

Now, it was JinYoung’s turn to get a real surprise. He was expecting like craving for ramyeon and both were thinking of making it. It was normal for them to cook in the middle of the night even after they had dinner. So, when he got Mark’s reply,

‘oh..ok..’, was only Jin-young could give in as response.

There was a pause. No one said nothing. Mark felt a little bad. He thought more than him and Jackson, Jin-Young actually was the one who really needed to go out for a walk and needed fresh air. It would improve his mood too. Then, his motherly care feelings range expanded with full force and started covering everyone in the house. In fact, the whole gang needed to go out for a fresh breath of air. (lol. The way his care and thought increased from one to all). It would be better if everyone would hang out together. They all had not hanged out together ever since Jackson and Bambam started working abroad. ‘yup, there’s no point of thinking anymore. We all need to go out. Jackson and I can go on our date next time’.

And the result was when Jackson was back, he was shocked to see JB and Youngjae lying cosily on the sofas. Seeing them, he was already coming with a plan A which was to look for a good timing. Plan B was he and Mark would escape secretly without anyone’s notice.

Youngjae was the first to notice Jackson.

‘Jackson Hyung, why are you standing there? Come and take a seat. We are going out for a walk.’

‘Yeah, now it’s Yugyeom and Bambam left. We will head out as soon as they come’, JB added.

Jackson was puzzled.

What actually happened? Usually, they would be lazing around in their own rooms at this time. Did they develop this habit of going out at this time while I was in China? Why?? Why??? when he was going out on his first date with Mark! Jackson was screaming in his head.

And where is Mark? I don’t seem him. Poor Markiepooh, he must be so heart broken. He was so looking forward to our first date and it seems I won’t be able to save it. I must do something.

He still walked and sat on the sofa. He said nothing for a while. The two lads were simply busy scrolling on their phones. They didn’t notice Jackson’s awkwardness nor the shrewdness in his eyes. He looked around to check Mark but there was no sign of him. His patience ran out very quickly. He spoke.

‘Where is Mark Hyung? And why are we going out? Do you guys usually go out at this time now?’

The two guys didn’t even raise their eyebrows, nor did they even give a quick look at Jackson. It was normal for Jackson to ask lots of questions when he didn’t understand what was going on. So, Youngjae replied; his eyes still on his phone.

‘Mark Hyung and Jin Hyung decided we all hang out in Han Riverside. They are just getting some drinks’.

‘umm’, JB confirmed. ‘It’s a good idea. We all have not gone out together. Han Riverside should be great for a walk at this time. We have two days off from tomorrow. But, why waste time?’.

Jackson felt so down all of a sudden. Here, he was thinking hard for a plan to save their first date and it was Mark who came with plan to go out and out of all of the place, Han Riverside? Wasn’t it supposed to be their place for their first date? He was so excited about it and looking forward to.

Wasn’t Mark excited? Wasn’t he looking forward to too?

He only took ten minutes to change and within that ten minutes, the tides had changed. Jackson was having hard time to believe Mark actually came with the idea with JinYoung.

Few minutes later, the two maknaes joined. Bambam was the only one in the group who was still with his makeup on. Jackson was waiting for Mark to come and when he finally did, he saw Jin and him chatting happily and walking towards them. The two guys distributed everyone each drink.

Mark was the one to give Jackson his drink. When he handed the drink to Jackson, their eyes met. Mark’s eyes were smiling at Jack. Whereas, Jack’s eyes were expressionless. It was clearly saying- ‘Why Mark? Wasn’t it supposed to be our time together? You had time to think about others but what about us?’. He was not smiling at Mark but just gave a cold stare at him. Everyone started walking out. Jack and Mark were the last to leave.

Jack looked at the drink in his hand and it was his favourite drink. At least, he remembered that he thought. He didn’t say anything. He simply ignored Mark and started walking too.

Mark who had been observing Jack knew that he was not happy. But he thought Jackson would understand him. They (the whole group) all had not gone out and relaxed together for a while. They could go on and have their date any time. They will always be together. In the past, when they were trainees, time was different. They could all go hang out together. Yes, together all seven of them. But, today, it was different. They all would be walking in their different paths someday and someday could be any day in the future. So, why not cherish the time together when all the seven of them were together? But after observing Jack, one thing was obvious. He was not happy. He looked angry? He must explain it to Jackson. He didn’t want him to be angry with him.

Jack who started walking to the door was stopped by Mark from the back. Mark had his hand wrapped around Jackson’s waist; his head gently resting on jack’s shoulder. His voice filled with apology -‘ Gaga..I am really sorry about today. Please, don’t be angry. I will explain it to you later when we come back. ‘ He gave a peck on Jackson’s cheek.

Jackson who was upset about their date, when he got the peck on his cheek, he couldn’t control his smile. He sighed happily.

‘God, I can’t even be angry with you when you are this cute. You better have a good reason.’, he gave a quick kiss on Mark’s forehead.

‘let’s go’, and Jackson pulled Mark. His palm was facing down and had his wrist crossing in front.

And Mark followed his lead. At that moment, time just slowed for Mark. Everything was going on slow mode. He looked at Jackson who was leading him. He was beaming with happiness and his happiness was transferring to him through the connection they held. He looked at their connected hands and he promised he would never let go of that hand as long as Jack was willing. He felt as if he was walking on a cloud, his gaze fell upon Jack again and he could literally see the aura of pink love everywhere. (You are really seeing things now, Mark). Jack looked so handsome. At the same time, Jack looked back at Mark and smiled. Mark’s heart beat was all doki doki. Mark felt Jackson has become even more handsome than before. ‘Oh Lord! I am in love for real’.