We love each other, right?

What if - Markson

‘We kissed’, Jackson replied innocently. Of course, it was Jackson and Mark was not surprised he could say something so embarrassing just like that.

 

‘Jack, how could you? You should at least ask me first?’, now he was surprised with himself. Does that mean he was ok if Jackson had asked him?

 

‘Because, I wanted to’, his reply was instant.

 

‘Jackson wanted to kiss me?’

 

Like an obedient student, who had just learnt his lesson, he immediately put the lesson into practice. ‘Mark, can I kiss you then’, Jackson asked with a raspy voice.

 

Mark could see Jackson’s gaze at his lips. He could see the burning desire in Jackson’s eyes growing evidently. Jackson took a step forward.

 

‘Jackson, Stop. Stay where you are’, Mark warned. He was at least a little thankful Jackson asked this time. They were not standing too far from one another. One more step from either of them and they would be as close as before.

 

Mark needed time to think. What was happening. He processed the situation. For some reason today, his heart was beating very fast as something very exciting was going to happen. (Yes, you were going to get the kiss of your life. Hehe). It was a very positive vibe. He felt he just had to return the dorm soon. He felt Jackson would be there waiting for him. He had laughed at himself because Jackson’s schedule was not supposed to finish until tomorrow. Thus, when he had seen Jackson in the dorm, sitting on the sofa, he was pleasantly surprised. Jackson had just returned from China. He looked relaxed at first, and suddenly, it seemed he had something important to tell and next moment, they… they were kissing!! It was getting difficult to believe what had just happened.

 

Jackson halted his step on Mark’s warning. He looked at Mark who was completely flustered and it made him feel so good. He was the one who made Mark feel like that. Mark had no idea how he looked at the moment. His shirt tugged out. The top button of the shirt was opened and exposed him a little which made him more alluring. His beautiful rosy lips that he had just tasted was now cherry red because of him. Jackson was glad no one was there beside him. If someone else was here in the room right now beside them, Jackson didn’t know what to do. Only the thought of someone seeing Mark in this state, made him eat vinegar. However, Mark had returned his kiss which only meant Mark was not seeing anyone which made him felt better. Mark was not someone who would give in to lust. The lust was the last thing. He was touchy with very few people in real life. Jackson had already got the answer to the question that tortured him few hours ago. This made him feel very happy.

 

‘ I thought you wanted to talk something important. Can you talk’, Mark finally spoke and attempted his best to change the awkward situation.

 

Mark looked so delicious. Jackson really wanted to take a bite of him. He wanted to mark his Markiepooh as his. A moment ago, when he was thinking really hard processing the situation, he looked so cute. He really wanted to continue what they were doing before as he had already got the answer to his anxieties and just wanted to make this beautiful person in front of him solely his. His anxieties and desire to possess Mark made him forget what if Mark had no such feelings for him?

‘No, it can’t be. I will make him fall in love with me as madly and deeply as I have fallen for him. I will never give up’.

‘Is it true are you seeing someone, Mark? I read in the news while coming back here. Just reply yes or no’, Jackson popped the question which he had planned to ask earlier.

 

‘News..oh., Mark realised what news Jackson was referring to. ‘No, it was a just a friend who accompanied me to the store’, he replied and then like a piece of puzzle falling into sequence, he exclaimed, ‘seeing someone… kiss… don’t tell me, he was jealous!!’. Mark thought he was speaking in his head. Little did he realise his voice was out loud and clear. As soon as he realised he had spoken his mind loud, he closed his mouth with his hands.

 

When Jackson heard Mark, he was not sure whether he wanted to accept or deny the accusation. ‘ I …i…i..’ but still nothing came out.

 

Seeing Jackson nervous and not knowing what to answer was the first time for Mark. Usually, Jackson was very straight forward and confident. But Jackson right now was not the usual one. It was a new side of Jack, Mark discovered.

 

‘So, what if I say, I am jealous, Mark’, Jackson spoke looking directly at Mark’s eyes and moved forward towards him. ‘What if I say, I want to be the reason behind your beautiful smile’, he continued. Jackson’s stare was so intense and serious, Mark could not just brush it off like a joke. Not when just a few minutes ago, they were kissing each other so passionately. While Jackson was approaching, Mark was unconsciously taking step backward slowly and, in the end, he finally hit the wall on his back.

 

Mark’s brain had already lost to function. His heart was beating so fast, it somersaulted. Mark for the first time in his life felt the real meaning of my heart skipped a beat. Because he was so overwhelmed with this new feeling, he could simply not look into Jackson’s eyes.

 

Jackson cupped Mark’s head in his two hands. ‘Look at me, Mark. ‘Jackson’s hand sent a twinkling sensation to Mark’s body. His body trembled a little. But Mark’s whole-body system was overloaded with unknown discovery of emotions, he didn’t realise it. Mark slowly took a look at Jackson and their eyes met. Jackson continued.

‘ I want your eyes to twinkle at my sight… I want your heart to yearn for me when I am not here… I …I want to be in your thought every day. Mark…I know, I sound so selfish but when it comes to you, nothing matters anymore. Ever since I have realised my feelings for you, the thought of someone else romantically involved with you suffocates me. Please, tell me I am not wrong. We love each other, right?’.