JB gets concerned

What if - Markson

The dorm that would usually be filled with noise, laughter and cheers was silent today. Someone had not closed the water tap properly and a small drop of water falling down was the only sound breaking the silence in that dorm. The sun-light that invaded through the window’s glass was spreading its warmth in that particular room. The room painted in white had a few things in décor and by few things meant, the only two photos near the bedside. One picture was of JB and his mother. The other one was of GOT7. The size was small but the colour of the room and the very few things lying in the room gave the impression that the room was large. Although it had few things, there was everything the user of that room needed.

On that single bed laid a body covered in duvet burning with high fever. Jin-Young had fainted and was now in JB’s room. Thus, Jin-Young who was half conscious and half unconscious remembered JB, the last person he saw before he fainted. But, after that, everything was mixed for him. Whether it was a dream or a reality he could not tell but he had definitely felt JB carried him back to the dorm and he must be in JB’s room right now. After everyone had got each room of their own except the Markson couple, JB would rarely allow the other members in their room. So, Jin-Young felt he was lucky, and he wanted to tease JB like usual. But, today was not that day. He had no energy at all. He wanted to open his eyes, but it wouldn’t. The body of his was forcing him to take rest.

Time and again, he would hear JB’s voice. Sometimes, it felt like he was talking on the phone with someone. His voice sounded worried. Jin-Young wondered in his sleep who JB was worried for. His voice made it sound that person must have been very important to him. Sometimes, he would feel JB’s hand on his forehead and hear changing the water. After a while, he fell into a deep sleep.

It was a bright day. Yet, Jin-Young, he was feeling cold. He wanted to have a hot drink. But the café was on the second floor and the only way to reach there was by taking the stairs. So, he took the stairs, but it looked never-ending. He kept on climbing and finally, he stopped.

‘What was going on? He looked like he was trapped here. He even forgot why he was climbing the stairs. Suddenly, someone tapped on his shoulder. He turned around and saw JB. He was smiling at him and said,

‘Jin-Young ah, you are going wrong way. Let me take you there.’

He grabbed Jin-Young’s hands and took him the other way. Before, he was certain there was no other way. There was only this stair. There was nobody around. But, JB appeared out of nowhere and everything changed. They had walked few steps and they had reached the café.

‘oh yeah…I wanted to get to the café’, he thought.

‘Jin-Young, tell me all your worries. Don’t hold everything in you. I am worried about you. I am not going to listen to you now when it comes to leaving you alone next time.’

Jin-Young slowly opened his eyes.

‘So, it was a dream’

He didn’t move his body. His eyes looked around and now, he was certain. He was not in his room. He had almost gone to everyone’s room. Thus, this room had to be of JB’s. He moved his head to the left and saw the pictures. His lips slowly curved up in a smile. Then, his sight fell on the small bowl with water.

‘hmm..So, JB’s been taking care of me’

He slowly pulled his body up and the duvet left his body. His top was gone. He didn’t see his clothes. Perhaps, JB had already thrown them to clean. He got up from the bed. He felt a little weak. May be, he was hungry. He wanted to get to his room and get his clothes. But then he saw JB had already arranged some clothes for him which was just on the end of the bed. He simply grabbed the clothes and changed.

He walked to the kitchen and the fresh delicious smell of the food got stronger and stronger. He saw JB was in the kitchen.

JB was still cutting some carrots. At the same time, he would be tasting the flavour of the soup he was preparing. His expression telling, he was not certain whether he got the flavour taste right. It was then he got the sight of Jin-Young. He immediately left his soup. He rushed to him concerned.

‘Jin-Young ah.. how are you feeling now?? Do you still have fever?’, his hands reached immediately on his forehead.

‘No’, he shook his head. ‘I feel much better now. Thank you’

After hearing that, JB let out a sigh of relief. He removed his hands.

‘hae…now don’t thank me and make it awkward. We are not strangers’.

‘ Even so..I want to thank you’.

JB touched his nose. Perhaps he was little shy. Perhaps he was little embarrassed. He quickly changed the topic.

‘ Come… have something. You must be hungry’, he pulled Jin-Young to the table and in return, he only smiled sheepishly.

Jin-young wanted to help but JB forced him to take a seat. God knew how long he had spent making those foods. He had prepared almost everything he knew how to make and when he put the food on the table, Jin-Young had tears in his eyes. He knew JB was not good in making food and there were very few things he could make. But seeing the foods on the table, he was genuinely touched from his kindness.

‘Hae..don’t cry. I am not good dealing with the crying person. If you don’t like the food, I can order some food for you’.

Jin-Young gave a small laugh. It was really funny how he thought he was crying seeing the food. The porridge looked okay. The vegetable looked half burnt even though it was boiled. The soup’ s colour looked different from its usual colour. If it had been any other day, not only Jin-Young but the other members would have too cried if they had to eat that food. But, today it was different.

‘No, I am eating it’, he said and took the food.

JB stared at Jin-Young waiting for his reaction. He didn’t blink at all. He was even holding his breath.

‘It tastes good’.

As soon as he got the verdict on his food, he let out a bright smile. He looked really happy.

After that, he took the food excitedly.

Jin-Young was looking at him and JB’s reaction slowly changed from smiling face to the look Jin-Young couldn’t even describe in words.

Jin-Young laughed out so loud after seeing JB, the whole dorm was filled with his laughter. He was pointing finger to JB and his other hand on his stomach.

JB just looked at the Jin-Young who was now laughing so hard, tears were in his eyes. It was far better than the Jin-Young he saw this morning. He was dying inside wanting to know what had happened, but he would wait. He would wait for Jin-Young to tell him about it one day.