Spot-light on Mark

What if - Markson

A moment ago, Jackson thought his heart had nearly stopped beating just hearing, ‘I don’t ‘, from Mark. So, he quickly stopped Mark from saying anything and warned Mark how he was going to make him fall in love with him. He knew it was going to be a long way and he was ready because ultimately, Mark was destined to be his. If destiny had other plans, he was already determined to write his own destiny and that would be with Mark. At that moment, Mark had held his hands, kissed followed by his forehead and lips. He was stunned. Here, he was all ready to set war against destiny, against anyone who wanted to take Mark away from him, but Mark’s kiss changed everything. Mark was smiling. He was looking at him gently. His eyes had no one in it but him. His actions were simple yet so meaningful.

 

Few years ago, they had lazily laid down on the bed and Mark was watching one Korean drama in his phone which was his favourite. The main lead had proposed the girl with the red rose and gently put a kiss on the forehead. Mark had loved that scene and when he showed it to Jackson, they started talking about the meaning of flowers and later the conversation flowed to the meaning of kiss in eyes, lips, and forehead. Mark had been really excited to know the meaning behind each kiss. Seeing his excitement, Jack had read out the meaning in loud voice and he still remembered the meanings. Jackson felt like he was the happiest man living in the planet right now.

 

‘Jack, I..’

 

At the same time, there was a knock. Both of them looked towards the door.

 

‘Mark Hyung, are you there? Can I come in?’, it was the voice of Yugyeom.

 

Mark was going to answer positively but Jackson was faster and replied- ‘just one minute’. He fixed Mark’s shirt and his hair. Mark gasped a little. Jackson chuckled.

 

‘it’s done’, he whispered in Mark’s ear, but it felt like a soft blow to Mark’s ear and he slightly shivered. He gave a slight brush on the lower lip of Mark with his thumb and winked at him before answering to Yugeom.

 

‘Come in.’

 

Yugyeom was in a happy mood. Before coming to the dorm, the members had played rock, paper, scissor and he was the unlucky one. He had lost. Thus, he was the one to clean the dish after the meal. But halfway to the dorm, Bambam started talking about how much he missed home. So, they decided to buy Thai food as a takeaway.

 

When Yugyeom opened the door, he saw both of his hyungs standing close to one another. The manager had already informed the group that Jackson had already come. Thus, he was not surprised to see Jackson hyung. But, something was different, was it? He didn’t know what. He was very innocent, and he could not read the atmosphere. Both of these hyungs of his had always been extremely close. So, he thought it was nothing unusual.

 

‘oh, Jackson Hyung, how are you??’

 

‘Not bad, come here’, Jackson smiled and signed him to come over.

 

Yugyeom walked towards Jackson and gave a quick hug. He spoke excitedly what had happened on the way and how his bad luck changed to good luck because of Bambam. He was really a childlike. Both of his hyungs heard him attentively and they were listening to him with beautiful smile in their face.

 

‘Oh Hyung, actually, I came to tell we have brought food from outside for dinner. Everyone is having now. So, join us’, Yugyeom started pulling Jackson out of the room.

 

‘Mark hyung, you too come quickly’

 

‘Give me a few minutes and I will join you guys’, he answered.

 

‘ok but be quick, hyung’.

 

Both Jackson and Yugeom were out. The door was shut but Mark could still hear Yugeom saying- ‘Everyone is so excited to see you. You are doing…’ and the voice became slowly distant.

 

Mark stood there for a while. He touched his lips with his fingers where Jackson had touched few minutes ago. He could still feel the touch of Jackson’s thumb. His lips slowly curved up into smile. He gently shook his head remembering how Jackson fixed his shirt. The soft whisper stirred his emotions inside. There was a beautiful afterglow showing in his face and he felt wonderful.

 

‘Is this the feeling when someone is in love?’ he asked himself. If yes, then he wanted to bask in this feeling together with Jackson forever….

 

When Mark Joined in, everyone was already on the table. They were praising and encouraging Jackson for his work in china. All the chairs were already taken, and the only empty chair was between JB and Jin-Young. Mark took the seat. They had separated Mark’s portion. Jin-Young passed the food to Mark and he thanked him. His eyes looked for Jackson and found him in between the maknaes. Occasionally, he would try to steal glance of Mark. Mark noticed it and he choked very badly. Youngjae was the first one to pass the water to mark who was sitting beside of JB. He took the water and thanked Youngjae. Mark saw Jackson was worried. So, he said loud and clear, he was ok. Hence, this was how everybody’s attention fell on Mark.