JB's Day-Out with Jin-Young

What if - Markson

JB who was quite embarrassed with his cooking skills didn’t allow Jin-Young to eat his food anymore except the porridge. He quickly brought some fruits and juice to the table.

‘I will quickly order some food’, JB was ready to make a call to the nearby restaurant where he was regular.

‘No, I am full. Don’t worry’, Jin-Young stopped him from doing things more. He had already done too much for him. He was already too grateful to him.

‘Are you sure?’, he didn’t believe Jin-Young at all. All the members knew each other’s appetite. There was no way one would have just sufficed with that small amount of porridge. But the case was a little different today because of Jin-Young’s health.

‘Yeah...and I am sorry…you said you were planning to meet your mother yesterday. I am sorry, because of me...’

‘No, don’t be’, JB cut off Jin-young in the middle.

He laughed awkwardly.

‘Actually, initially there was a plan to visit my mother, but I found out both my mother and step-father are out of town. It’s my fault coz it was so all of a sudden and I was also late to inform them. Thus, in the end, I had no plans today’.

‘oh…okay’, was his reply.

Both of them were silent for a while.

JB took a sip of the soup he had made.

I wondered what went wrong. I followed mum’s instructions on the phone. I was pretty confident the soup would turn great. What a waste’

He quickly glanced at Jin-Young while taking the sip.

‘He looks good. His facial complexion looks back to normal.’

All of a sudden, Jin-Young voice was heard and it sounded more like a declaration.

‘Let’s go to the Aquarium’

JB nearly choked and spilled the soup.

He coughed twice and gave a look to Jin-young.

‘Has the fever gone to his head. What is wrong with this kid’.

‘Are you sure? Do you have even strength to go to the Aquarium?’

‘I am absolutely fine and if anything happens, you will be there anyway’.

JB forced a smile.

‘Bodyguard JB, reporting sir at your service.’

‘I am looking forward to a great service from you, Bodyguard JB’, Jin-Young smiled back with his eyes nearly closed.

JB just shook his head. He had never found a reason till yet why he could never say no when it comes to Jin-Young.

‘well, I have never been to Aquarium anyway’.

‘Let’s go’, JB voiced out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------***--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jin-Young truly wondered who actually wanted to come to Aquarium, was it him or JB.

If anyone saw them right now, everyone would doubt if they were told, it was Jin-young who wanted to go to Aquarium. JB looked the most excited one. He was everywhere. He was like a kid who was so excited with this visit.

‘Jin-Young ah, look…look at that. There’s a seahorse. I didn’t know, they were so small’

‘Jin-Young ah, come here. Look at this fish. Its colour is so beautiful and bright’

‘Wow…Jin-Young ah, there’s penguin. Look at that them walking. I got to take picture’

JB was literally dragging Jin-Young everywhere. He wanted to do everything in the aquarium when he was a child. He bought the red lobster hat for himself and octopus hat for Jin-Young. He also gave Rainbow swirl lollipop to Jin-Young saying he needed sugar. Thus, in the end the two adults looked like kids who were in their school trip.

Jin-Young had never seen JB like this before. He had always seen JB trying to be sensible and bringing order in the group though most of the time it was difficult to get the whole members to listen. He was a good leader but today, he was like a happy, excited kid who looked like it was his first visit to the aquarium. Jin-Young was completely baffled and went with the flow. Most of the time being dragged by JB to the place he would find interesting.

Finally, after finishing almost all of the spots to visit in the aquarium, both of them went to the restaurant and ordered the food. The delicious aroma of the food brought water to their mouth and they both jumped on it as soon as the food was on the table. Jin-Young who had his appetite back ordered some more. This made JB worried and wanted to stop but Jin-Young insisted and in the end, they ended up ordering more than they could finish.

‘I really thought I was going to finish that. I can’t believe…this food is in front of me and I am so full’, JB looked at the food freshly prepared; it’s delicious aroma going straight to his nose and lying in front of him on the table beautifully.

‘I too never thought that I will see the food lying in front of me untouched and I ORDERED IT!!’, Jin-Young’s voice was full of disbelief.

The two lads kept on staring at the food lying on the table peacefully.

After a while, Jb said with a awkward voice- ‘umm…Jin-Young ah… I have got something to tell…’

‘what is it?’

‘Can you keep it as a secret…our day out in the Aquarium’

‘hmmm why? Didn’t you have fun?’

‘You were the one who had the most fun today. I won’t believe If you said you didn’t enjoy’

He quickly reassured Jin-young ah saying, ‘I did. It was one of the best days of my life. But.. I know… I must have behaved like a stupid kid…I just don’t want other boys to know about it. Otherwise, they will keep on teasing me’.

‘Ok’, was Jin-Young’s quick reply.

JB smiled spectacularly.

‘But, I have a condition’.

‘What is it?’, JB immediately asked.

‘You…you have to keep it secret what you saw this morning’

‘Done’, was his reply and asked for a Pinky promise.

Jin-Young smiled and made the promise with JB.