Jackson allows that

What if - Markson

Those who are prepared to smile will smile easily and those who are ready to embrace happiness will perceive happiness in every little thing. Seeing these two guys, everyone would have agreed it was indeed true. Both of them were glowing from genuine happiness inside. The sparkle in the eyes when Mark looked at Jackson lightened up with increasing intensity and the small shy smile that left when their both eyes met would have melted anyone’s heart.

Both of them had walked long enjoying the beautiful blooms of the cherry blossom. Was it the beauty of the flowers blooming that touched their hearts and brought smile on their face or the growing love in their heart that made them saw everything beautiful, it was difficult to tell. Half and hour and they had just finished the path and were wondering what to do next when they saw small group of boys between six-seven years old, playing basketball.

Seeing the boys playing anyone could tell all the boys were complete beginners. For few minutes, they really attempted to play the game but after a while, they all looked deeply upset and squatted on the grounds, their hands on their heads. It was really comical because all the boys’ behaviours were very similar. Jackson and Mark found them really interesting and kept on watching them.

‘As much as I want to say its really unfair but at this rate, we will definitely lose the match with that punk and lose this court’

‘But we have always played here. I want to play basketball. I thought this court was made for kids like us.’

‘Those punks are bullying us because they think we are kids’

‘It’s a shame none of our hyungs play basketball. Otherwise, we could have asked them their help’.

‘Why did you agree that we won’t play here anymore if we lose this game?’

‘I didn’t. They just decided it’.

All of the boys were on the brink of tears. They couldn’t even tell their parents because their parents were already against them playing basketball and wanted them to concentrate on their studies. If they told them that they were being bullied because of basketball, it was certain they wouldn’t be allowed to say even ‘B’. Thus, none of the boys told their parents.

Mark and Jackson looked at each other and smiled. They decided to get involved.

Both of them walked in the court and they picked the ball which was just lying on the court. The boys who were grouped in the corner saw the two tall guys walked in. At first, they thought the punks were back but then when they saw new people, all of them looked at these new hyungs with curiosity.

Jackson started dribbling the ball and spoke.

‘Hae Mark, whoever scores the first five will win the game?’

‘Agreed. What will I get if I win?’, he smiled back devilishly.

‘You already have me. What else do you want? ‘, Wangpuppy winked.

Mark just laughed and was quick to steal the ball from Jackson. He became the first one to score.

His Markiepooh was shining and he was just in awe for a while before he started playing seriously.

And the two hyungs started the game.

‘They appeared out of nowhere. Both of them had their own charisma of their own. One was so beautiful. I had never seen anyone that beautiful than my Eomma and yet when he dribbled, when he moved, his movements were so sharp, each shoot landed only to make a score. While the other hyung was equally talented. I want to be like him when I grow up. His eyes were so fierce and focused. His eyes never left the ball. There was nothing but this strong determination to win. He was playing as if the only motive in his life was to win and nothing else mattered while he was playing the game. That was the soul of the true athlete.’ ( This was the word of one of the boy in the group who later on wrote in this diary when he was fully able to express his feelings into words).

When Jackson made another score, all the boys stood up and started running to them. They surrounded them completely and told them about their situation. It was funny how they all were talking about the same time. If they had not heard them about their situation before, it would have been difficult to understand their situation. They wanted Markson to represent them and win them the basketball court for them. All the boys desperately pleaded them for help.

‘Mark….’, Jack left the decision to him but in his heart, he knew that both had already decided to help the kids.

‘ummm…’, Mark acted as if he was really thinking and looked at the boys. There was great anticipation from the boys. There was fear as well as excitement of what was going to happen next in their eyes.

‘Yes, we will help you’, when Mark said that everyone screamed and jumped with joy. Seeing them, Mark could not help and laugh beautifully. Jackson fell in love more with this cute Mark who was laughing with pure joy, which made him smile too and this was when, his eyes caught this boy.

He was staring at Mark in awe and Jackson had seen that stare, that intensity of the look somewhere from someone’s eyes for his Markiepooh but at this moment, he couldn’t remember. He stood in front and blocked the little kid’s view. Finally, the boy looked like he woke up and he blushed.

‘hae, what’s your name?’

‘Mason Li’

‘Mason…’, Jackson murmured this name for a while and his lips slowly curved upward bringing a smile on his face.

‘Are you Chinese Mason?’

‘umm my Eomma is Korean but my papa is Chinese.’

‘hmm…I saw you staring at Mark’

‘that hyung name is Mark?’, the boy asked excitedly.

‘Forget it. What were you looking at?’

The boy was shy to speak at first but then he spoke.

‘I have never seen anyone so beautiful than my Eomma’.

His voice had truth and his look had an admiration. Jackson followed where his eyes were looking and saw Mark was now busy teaching the lads to play basketball. He looked amazingly breath taking and said proudly,

‘He is indeed beautiful’.

Both looked at Mark like a complete fool totally mesmerised.

‘I wish I was with him every day’, the boy expressed his wish.

Jackson’s ear twitched a little.

‘He is mine. Sorry, even though you have a cute name and you are cuter than me, Mark will never leave me and choose you’.

If Mark had heard what Jack had just said and was jealous of the little kid, he would have rolled on the floor laughing. But the boy got aggressive.

‘Why would hyung not choose me? What is wrong with me?’

‘there is nothing wrong with you, but I will never give Mark to anyone’.

‘But, why can’t I have a big brother? It’s too lonely to be the only kid’.

When Jackson heard that, what was he even thinking he thought. Whenever it came to his Markiepooh, everything got muddled except that he couldn’t let him go. It was even funnier how he was jealous of a little kid.

‘ok. I will allow that’.