Han River Incident

What if - Markson

The seven lads all walked with Han River in destination. JB and Jin Young were at the front talking followed by Yugyeom and Youngjae, followed by Bambam and Mark. Jackson was at last and he stood staring at that hand which was around Mark’s shoulder as he happened to explain something. He looked puzzled and angry.

Moments ago, they were clearly the last one to leave the dorm together hands in hands and most importantly, his Markiepooh was with him. It was just for few minutes, his eyes left off Mark and puff, he wasn’t at his side. How did it even happen? When did that brat sneakily took his Markie away? He didn’t even realise or remember how his Markiepooh ended up in someone’s arms? (ahm ahmm a little bit of exaggeration from Jackson’s side) His eyes twitched a little.

No matter what, it was the truth they all had grown up and struggled together and he thought he would not be jealous of the other members, was he wrong?

‘hell, yeah I was wrong. What is this feeling then? We hardly have time together because of my busy schedule. I am not wasting any of our time together’.

He quickly walked to them and gave a small smack on Bambam’s hands.

‘ouch...hyung’, Bambam quickly took away his hands and looked at his hyung in shock. Jackson swiftly put his arm around his Markiepooh and walked forward as if he was not the culprit of that petty incident.

Bambam followed and tried putting his arm back again and Jackson’s eagle eyes were quick to notice it. He made Mark walk faster and joined Yugyeom and Youngjae.

Bambam’s hands were left hanging in the air. He really wanted to cry. What is wrong with this Hyung today?, he thought. Usually, he was so loved by Jackson hyung but what is happening today. He was smart enough not to complain but observe and learn. He really didn’t know what he had done wrong, but he didn’t want to offend his hyung. He followed and walked aside YoungJae.

After walking for a while, the gang finally reached the Han River. Everyone looked at lights of the city which nearly competed with the stars in the sky, in number. The beautiful lights reflected on the river gave even more mysterious feel to the beholders. Han River at night was simply astounding.

In the beginning, everyone was busy in their own little small world. The two hyungs were busy to capture that beautiful night on their phones where as the maknaes were having their own fun by taking selfies. But, the new lovebirds were having a little problem of their own. The oddest one acting out was Mark in the group. He was walking everywhere clicking everything. Whenever Jackson would be nearer to him, he would get his picture and immediately walk to the other side. It took a while for Jackson to realise Mark was trying to avoid him.

‘I am not that stupid to not realise by now, Mark is trying to avoid me. But, why? I thought everything was going fine’, he was confused, at the same time insecure. ‘Has Mark changed his mind?’, his heart nearly stopped beating because of his own stupid thoughts. He shooed away those thoughts. This time, he didn’t let Mark ran away from him. He grabbed his hand and made him walk to the table. The table which was usually used by people to enjoy the view on the day, had a different purpose tonight. Jackson’s mind was nearly going crazy because of Mark’s behaviour. He got to know what was going on in that damn beautiful head of his love.

On the other hand, Mark was so nervous, he had no idea how he was usually in the group. Of Course, he had noticed everything that happened between Jack and Bambam. Now, usually, these were the normal things that happened between the members trying to pull each other legs, playing pranks and joking around. Usually, he would be laughing but, Mark was getting conscious of every little thing today. He had just realised his feelings. Every time, he looked at Jack, his heart beat crazily. His temperature would rise as if he had caught fever. He would check his nerve impulse and needless, to say he had finally caught sickness that was difficult to cure, love sickness. He started avoiding Jackson unconsciously to calm himself and every time, he looked at the other guys, he would be like ‘act usual…act usual’. But it was not helping him. Thus, he copied what others were doing and started clicking pictures randomly. Some of his pictures included one complete blank black picture; blurry lights of the lively cities, the broken lamp post, the sleeping duck which barely managed to get on the pic, the big palm of Jackson when he tried to stand in front of Mark to get his attention, one almost good picture but again with Yugyeom long legs who had just walked to take pictures from different angle. Honestly speaking, he was not doing well in that clicking things and he suddenly, got pulled by Jackson. His warm hands that hold his hand tightly, took away his nervousness instantly. He stared at the man who was pulling him completely amazed.

‘Jackson wang…How can you just make me calm and go crazy at the same time…I am really scared of this affect of yours on me…’.

He made him sit on the table and made him face that cute face of his.

‘Why is he so cute… This is so illegal’.

It was difficult to tell few hours ago, the two had realised their feelings and the feelings was escalating at just a tremendous rate, they were actually competing on who loved whom more. Now, when they were sitting opposite one another, it looked as if one person had wronged the other and looked really angry. While, the other looked completely clueless.

Mark calmed himself.

‘Dude, what is wrong with you. This is Jackson. You see him every day, may be not nowadays but…you know what I mean. Get a hold of yourself’.

Mark who was having a small invisible consultation with himself looked dazed and Jackson on seeing that was shocked, ‘Does he not care about me. I am like literally dying here because of anxiety and he looks like he is lost in his own little world’.

‘Mark..’, his voice was cold.

‘hmm’, he looked at Jack and finally saw that strong focused eyes. Jackson’s eyes when they were too focused, always indicated that he was dead serious about it. Usually, he had those kinds of expressions when he wanted to win the game or when he wanted to achieve something. However, after going to china, he had noticed, Jackson was having those serious expressions more often. The changes were likely and unavoidable because of the growing ages and responsibilities. But, whenever, Mark and the group were around him, he would come back to his past fun loving, full of life Wangpuppy. Thus, the chilling voice of Jackson, though in a small voice, but had enough weight to make Mark feel the heaviness of the situation.

‘What happened? Are you ok?’, he said in a concerned voice.

‘at least you still care’, he moaned.

‘what do you mean, at least. I do care about you. What’s wrong’.

Jackson hold Mark’s hands tightly.

‘why are you avoiding me?’

Mark blushed full red when he heard that question. It was known fact that he always had his ear blush red whenever he was sigh, but it seemed his degree of shyness had also levelled up after realising his feelings.

‘It’s..it’s..because…’, his voice stammered.

Markiepooh’s expression got his attention. His serious eyes slowly changed to the playful and happy eyes that looked at the person in front of him. His anger had disappeared in a puff. His angry heart had melted in the instant when the other person blushed. He knew Mark enough to know why he was avoiding him now but still, he wanted to hear from Mark.

His thumb slowly Mark’s hand which was held on his.

‘because..’, he pushed mark to tell him. Tell him everything, that would convince him, he had been thinking about him. He had been the reason for everything.

‘because..’, they both caught their eyes and Jackson who looked so angry before was now looking at him with full of love.

They both looked at each other with smile on their face. The lovey-dovey aura was spreading out when someone spoke and they both turned their heads to see.

Youngjae was looking for these two hyungs everywhere. After having a small photo session of theirs, half of the members decided to play the drinking game when they realised Jackson and Mark were missing. JB and JinYoung went to buy more drinks and the other two makanaes gave him the responsibility to find the other hyungs and inform about the game. Who knew, they would be playing here staring games alone. He nearly laughed because from far, it looked like a couple who were enjoying time of their own. Because of that reasoning, he kept avoiding coming to them. But, when he couldn’t find them anywhere, he had no option but to come here and who knew it was them playing staring games. They had even held their hands. He controlled his laughter because if he gave his reasoning for the laughter, Mark hyung would really kill him.

Youngjae sulked alittle in his heart though.

They should have called me as well. I wanted to play the staring game too. I think I am good at it now’.

‘Hyung, sorry to disturb you. I see you guys are playing staring game but Jb hyung and others are saying we are going to play the drinking game with everyone.

‘Drinking game?’, Jackson asked with curiosity still holding Mark hyung’s hands.

‘yes, hyungs have already left to get the drinks.’

No one said nothing. It was taken as affirmation. He quickly scanned the table and it was enough to fit all the seven members.

‘Let’s play here. I will call the others here’.

He left as quickly as he had appeared.

And this was how the drinking game started…

The seven lads sat on the table and were talking full of enthusiasm. Their voices sometimes filled with anger, suppressed laughter and joy. On that long, young night which had just begun, the lads were the source of ripple spreading the sound of this mixed package of emotions to long distance.

The lads were playing ‘Spin the bottle and sip the drink if you have ever done this’. Out of all the people, Mark was having the most difficult and dangerous questions. May be because Jackson began by asking him, ‘sip the drinks according to the number of girls you have dated’. When Mark took the sip, he was surprised to know the numbers that he had not expected. ‘It’s all in the past’, he convinced himself and decided not to ask any further on such topic. However, the other lads as if the light bulb had switched on, they too mentally concluded, ‘This is an opportunity to know more about this department because Mark was never vocal about his crushes’. Thus, the questions he got asked later were more like sip the drink according to the number of the girls approached to you in person, the number of k-pop singers who approached you, the number of crushes you had from the same company… Mark who was getting conscious of Jackson slowly tried to escape using the drink but did it help? In the end, the boy got more than he had wanted. Being brutally honest to this game, especially for Mark, he had to pay heavy price on the number of sips he had to take and god, they were really too many to count. Did someone was counting… well, there was someone.

While everyone was enjoying and having fun to full blast, Jackson’s face was the most darkened one. He just wanted to finish this game quickly and take away his Markiepooh. Mark on the other hand was completely gone. He was the most drunk one in the group, but no one could tell. Everyone decided to end the this with a last question. Suddenly, Bambam had a brilliant idea (according to him). He opened his big mouth and said –

‘ Mark hyung, Mark hyung, I really want to know the answer to this question. Between Jin hyung and Mark hyung, who would you share your troubles with??.’

Why did Bambam ask that question, only he knew. The rest of the team now only wanted to know who would Mark go to, for the question was already fired.

All of the lads looked at Mark , Jin and Jackson. They all knew one was more close to the other but who would Mark choose. Everyone wanted to know.

Jin looked calm as usual, a smile on his face and slowly drinking his drink like a nobel. At one point, Yuegeom nearly hallucinated Jin hyung as a Korean aristocrat from the past with fans on his hand.

On the other hand, Jackson looked hilarioius. He looked as if he was waiting for his Olympic fencing result, staring intensely at Mark, as if any other name was clearly unacceptable.

Whereas, Mark smiled innocently and teased the group by pointing at Jackson sometimes and sometimes at Jin. He finally said with a big grin on his face, ‘Jin Young’ and embraced him.

All the lads went woaahhhh, cheered and clapped. Well except someone. Jackson didn’t know what he was thinking. He didn’t move like a statue. For him everything, if he had to choose between Mark and anybody, the answer was clear to everyone. Heck, they.. people didn’t need to bother asking for a choice if it involves Mark, but why was it different for Mark. ‘I really need to work hard for us’, he thought.

Jackson’s eyes fell on Mark and he was still holding Jin Young tightly. He didn’t like what he was seeing and pulled Mark out of Jinyoung’s arms. He had already decided he wanted a time for only themselves at least, when they have short days off. It was time to kidnap his lover for himself.

He looked for the opportunity and left with Mark only informing JB whereas others seemed busy on their own or too tipsy to know.

Jackson, by this time had known Mark was completely drunk. They got to their dorm’s garage and Jackson who had drink enough to let him drive legally was about to start the engine when Mark who was put on the seat beside him, shouted,

‘Jack you can not drive, you are drunk’.

‘I am not drunk. And I didn’t drink too much. You can sleep. It will take a while.’

Mark didn’t reply. He was already asleep.

Jackson had thought it would be difficult to execute his plan but luckily, everything went well.

He reached the cottage. He looked at Mark who seemed to sleep really well. So, he decided to carry Mark to their room. He unlocked Mark’s seat belt and was about to Princess carry when suddenly Mark opened his eyes.

Jackson on seeing Mark was awake, asked him to get out of the car. But got completely ignored. He was surprised. ‘May be my voice was low so he couldn’t hear me’, he thought.

‘Mark, get out of the car. We are already here’

‘I cannot walk’, was the reply Jack got.

Jackson panicked all of a sudden. He tried checking Mark if he had fever but nothing. He looked completely fine except drunk. He noticed Mark’s lip was curving up and hiding the smile. After assuring he was fine, Jack asked, ‘why? Why you cannot walk?’

He looked at Jackson’s eyes and said in a childlike demanding voice full of aego –‘Because I want a piggyback ride’. He opened his arms ready for his ride.

Jackson smiled and shook his head. His Markiepooh. He was always happy to fulfil every demands of Mark. He just could say no to Mark and not when Mark asked him in such a cute away.

Mark got what he wanted, and he was over the moon. Both of them were giggling when they walked in the cottage. They got in the room. Jack gently put the other one on the bed.

Mark who looked beaming with happiness, took Jackson’s hand, kissed and replied-

‘ Jackson Wang, you are…so..sweet’

Mark’s drunk voice had another magic. He was honest, cute and innocent. A drunk Mark was a childlike Mark. Jack liked this side of Mark too. He asked Mark,

‘how do you know I am sweet? As far as I know, you have never tasted me’

This question made Mark puzzled too.

‘It’s true. I haven’t tasted him. But how can Jackson be not sweet’

‘I know you are sweet’, Mark insisted.

‘I have tasted myself and I can tell you, I taste like lime’

Jackson who was sitting beside him was suddenly attacked by aggressive Mark and made him fall on the bed. He ripped the shirt apart. The buttons flew away not knowing its future destination. Jack was shocked and excited at the same time. Before he had time to think anything else, he felt a sharp pain between his neck and shoulder. Mark was and kissing. Jack was going crazy finding him difficult to control. He didn’t push away Mark. His hands were on Mark’s back pushing him even closer to him. Mark broke the kiss. Mark who was on top of Jackson looked straight in his yes, wiped his lips with his thumb and said-

‘Gaga, you lied. You taste the best’

Jackson’s eyes smiled with happiness. His lips curved up a little with small mischief thought.

‘But Markiepooh, it’s so unfair right. You now know my taste, but I don’t know your taste?’

‘I can be unfair to anyone but not Jack’, he thought.

‘Here’, he gave his palm to Jackson and asked him to take a taste.

Jackson gently slurped the fingers.

Mark looked at him with excited eyes expecting good result.

‘So..’

Jackson faked saying, ‘I don’t know. Maybe I tried in a different way compared to yours’

‘May be..’, Mark replied confused.

Jackson flipped the position of theirs and looked at Mark hungrily, his eyes filled with lust.

‘Don’t worry. I will work hard and not let you down’, and his lips fell on Mark’s.