Chapter 2

The Wolf and The Human

Chan was out in the backyard with Luna, helping with the small garden that Luna started tending to as a way to cope with her time in the blood dens. "Thank you Chan," said Luna. "I know the other boys don't want to help but you always pitch in to help," she said. "It's no problem really," said Chan as he went to move the bags of new soil over to where Luna wanted to plant the flowers. "My mom was a gardener back in the day," he said. "So I picked up a thing or two from her," he said. "I see," said Luna as she went to dig several holes. Chan went to help her, humming to himself.

Donghun came out to check on them a bit later while they were taking a break to drink some water. "Having fun you two?" He asked. "We're almost done," said Luna. "That's good," said Donghun as he smiled softly. Chan wiped his forehead, chuckling some. "It would've never gotten this far if I didn't come to help," he said.

"Out of all things you retain from your human life it had to be gardening," Donghun said teasingly. "Oi," said Chan. "I'm a damn good gardener though," he said, beaming with pride. "You had too much time on your hands kid," Donghun said with a snort as he shook his head. "Well I'm sorry," said Chan as he pouts. "Come eat lunch and you can come back to work on the garden afterwards," said Donghun. Chan and Luna nod and get up before going inside. Donghun soon followed after them.

Lunch was uneventful, with everyone making small talk with each other. Moonbin and Chanwoo would be leaving after dinner, not wanting to intrude anymore than they have to though Donghun was fine with them staying another day. As much as they had unlimited time on their hands if they were gone for too long chaos would ensue, judging from the last time they were gone for more than a month due to missions.

After lunch Chan went out to the garden with Luna again, going to finish what they were working on before the lunch break. Donghun went to help, with Jun joining them a little bit later to help build a wall to keep the plants confined to one area.

"And you said I spend too much time gardening," Chan said with a snicker. "Oh shut up," said Donghun as he shook his head. Jun shook his head. "Well," he said. "We agreed to help because Luna asked so," he said. Chan snickered. "Uh huh," he said. Luna giggled. "Over here," she said, pointing to a section of the garden they didn't finish. Jun and Donghun went to fix it, with Chan going to finish planting the flowers with Luna.

"Having fun guys?" Asked Moonbin as he walked into the backyard to see their progress. "Lots," said Chan as he turned to Moonbin. "You guys leaving already?" Asked Donghun as he got up and stretched. "Just about ready to," said Moonbin. "Chanwoo's packing up the car so," he said, shrugging. "Have a safe trip then," said Donghun. Moonbin nodded and soon left.

After finishing the wall there was a commotion in the woods outside the property and Donghun looked towards it, his head tilting slightly. "Come out," he called. "Sorry, I couldn't help but notice that you guys were working on your garden here," came a voice as someone came into view. Chan hummed. "Well, hello Junyoung," he said. "Chan," said Junyoung as he smirked. "I thought I saw you working with them," he said.

"Friend of yours Chan?" Asked Donghun. "Part of my old pack actually," said Chan. "What brings you here? I thought I told Euijin that I wouldn't be returning to the pack," he said. "Just wanted to see what you were doing now," said Junyoung. "Didn't think you'd be with a new pack so soon," he said. "It's only been a few years Junyoung," said Chan.

"Just here for a casual chat?" Asked Donghun. "Eh," said Junyoung. "I guess you can say that," he said. "I won't be around for too much longer though, I have a pack to return to," he said. "I'll see you around then Chan," he said before leaving. Chan could only watch with his hands clenched into fists before turning to Donghun and the others.

"You alright Chan?" Asked Donghun. "I wasn't expecting them to show up really," said Chan. "I know," said Donghun. "But you seemed more surprised to see him," he said. "I haven't seen them in years," said Chan. "But I hope they don't cause trouble," he said. "Knowing Euijin, he might cause trouble," he said.

"Well, let's hope that they don't cause trouble," said Donghun. "I hope so too," Chan said, sighing. "Well, now that we're done here let's go eat dinner and enjoy the rest of the evening," said Donghun. Everyone nodded and headed inside after cleaning up the area.

Dinner was quiet again, with everyone watching a movie to pass the time before bed. Chan was more worried about his old pack showing up but he knows that Donghun would have it covered if a confrontation came up. He just cursed his beta status to no end due to being useless in certain confrontations.

"Chan," said Donghun as he went to talk to Chan after dinner. "Hm?" Asked Chan. "You don't need to worry about your pack," said Donghun. "We'll deal with it when they show up again," he said. "Y-You don't understand," said Chan. "Euijin is different from other werewolves," he said. "We'll deal with it," said Donghun. "Okay," said Chan. "I just want you to be careful," he said. "We'll be fine," said Donghun. "Don't underestimate us," he said. Chan sighed, nodding and got up to go to bed. "I'm retiring early," he said. "Goodnight," he said, going into his room.

Jun turned to Donghun. "He's not buying it," he said. "I know," said Donghun. "But he doesn't know what we possess," he said. "My brother and I have some things that makes us different from other werewolves," he said. "I don't think Woojin has figured it out yet but I found out about it a bit ago," he said. "I just hope that it doesn't come to that," he said. Jun hummed in response.

"I think you'll do fine," said Luna. "It doesn't seem like they're much of a threat right now," she said. "For now," said Donghun. "We haven't seen all of them yet," he said. "Just Junyoung," he said.