Chapter 7

The Wolf and The Human

When Donghun, Jun and Sehyoon came back the next morning everyone was sleeping in the livingroom. Luna and Chan were sleeping on opposite ends of the couch while Woojin and Hongseob were sleeping in the loveseat. Everyone else were scattered around the livingroom as Donghun, Sehyoon and Jun maneuvered around them to get upstairs to take a shower and get dressed.

When they went downstairs after getting dressed Kwangsuk was awake, having woken up after the water started running. "Hey," said Kwangsuk as he spotted them. "Hey," said Jun. "I'll get started on breakfast," said Sehyoon. "I guess we both need to talk to someone," said Donghun as he looked at Jun. Jun hummed, nodding. "We'll take this outside then," he said, turning to Kwangsuk. Kwangsuk nodded and got up, following Jun outside.

Donghun went to wake up Luna, sitting on the ground next to her and gently shaking her awake. "Luna," he said softly. Luna whimpered softly as she moved, opening her eyes to see Donghun. "Oh, is it morning already?" She asked. Donghun nodded, smiling slightly. "Come on," he said, helping her stand. "We need to have a talk," he said, taking her outside.

Luna turned to Donghun as they stepped out onto the back porch. "What is it?" She asked. "It's nothing bad I promise," said Donghun. "Jun and Kwangsuk are having this exact conversation as we speak so," he said, shrugging. Luna hummed in response.

"Well," said Donghun as he turned to Luna. "I'm okay with this," said Luna. "I accepted you when you rescued me," she said. "I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you and your connections," she said. "I would've stayed in those blood dens for however long it would take before they decided to kill me," she said. "I know we're not mates but I hope that when you find one or both of yours that they accept me as you have," she said.

"You're so accepting for a human," remarked Donghun as he tilted his head to the side. Luna shrugged. "I don't really remember what my life was like back then but I'm sure I was raised to accept others as they accept me," she said. "Would you be willing to find your family again?" Asked Donghun. "I'm sure they're worried for you," he said. "I'm sure they are," said Luna. "But I want to see them after all this is over," she said. Donghun nodded. "Let's go inside and find some breakfast yeah?" He asked, blushing when his stomach growled. Luna giggled and nodded. "Let's go," she said before heading inside with Donghun.

Jun and Kwangsuk were walking around the forest just behind the property, knowing that they'd be alone for a good while before someone came to get them for breakfast. "So," said Jun as Kwangsuk stopped to look up at the sky.

"Last night was a lot to take in," said Kwangsuk as he turned to Jun. "But," he said. "I think I'll accept it," he said. Jun tilted his head to the side. "It's more for the fact that we're mates," said Kwangsuk. "But also I'm afraid of the consequences that would happen if I were to reject you," he said. Jun hummed, nodding as he looked at the ground.

"How are you able to do it anyway?" Asked Kwangsuk. "I'm a distant relative of Donghun's," said Jun. "Well, distant as in we're not even blood related," he added. "My great grandfather was turned by one of Donghun's relatives, so I got it from them," he said. "We're related through that, and we found each other when I was visiting his parents," he said. "One thing lead to another and I ended up joining his pack," he said. Kwangsuk nodded.

"We should go get breakfast then," said Jun. "Okay," said Kwangsuk before heading back with Jun. When they got back everyone was eating breakfast, with plates for the both of them sitting on the kitchen island. Jun and Kwangsuk went to get their food before going to sit in the livingroom with the others and watch a movie.

"How'd it go?" Asked Hansol as he looked at Kwangsuk. "Went fine," said Kwangsuk. "Good, we might need you three for the upcoming confrontation," said Hansol. "We never agreed to this," said Donghun as he tilted his head to the side. "Well yes," said Hansol. "But I think if we work together to this we'll deal with Euijin and you get your territory free of enemies," he said.

"And if something goes wrong?" Asked Sehyoon. "Like I find one or both of my mates, or Jun finds his other mate?" Asked Donghun. "We kill the ones who you aren't mated to," said Hansol. "Either way we're just here to get a job done," he said. "Unfortunately we can't stay any longer," said Woojin. "We got our missions and we need to head out soon," he said. "I'm staying though," said Jason. "I didn't get my next batch of missions yet so I'm staying around for as long as I can before I need to go," he said.

"This concerns your pack," said Hongseob. "We're letting you stay because of it," he said. "I know," said Jason. "But I have at least a small window of time before I have to join you again," he said. "Good luck on your missions then," said Hansol. "Thanks, you too," said Woojin. Woojin and Hongseob headed out after breakfast, wishing everyone luck.

Hansol decided to take a walk with Donghun, leaving Luna with Sehyoon for the time being. "I normally don't interact with other packs but," said Hansol as he put his hands in his pockets. "You're a unique pack that's for sure," he said. Donghun chuckled some. "Well," he said. "I'm sure there's others with my kind of ability somewhere out there," he said.

"Can you control that change?" Asked Hansol. "To an extant," said Donghun as he hummed. "It's only triggered on the full moon, during the day or the night," he said. "But we can choose not to change on the full moon," he said. "I haven't tried to see what would happen if I were to trigger the change outside the full moon but," he said, shrugging. "Hm," said Hansol.

"I think we need to be careful," said Donghun. "I don't know this pack but meeting Junyoung has definitely thrown me off a bit," he said. "The way Junyoung holds himself is different that's for sure," agreed Hansol. "All the power is getting to their heads, they won't get your territory," he said. "I know," said Donghun. "We've been here for over 100 years now, nothing's going to force us out," he said. "Well, except if we need to leave," he added.