Chapter 8

The Wolf and The Human

Donghun and Hansol were not mates, even though they acted like it around each other. At least, that's what they told everyone. They hid it well, though Jun suspected them after the first day. Luna knew right off the bat, the way Donghun had changed his personality slightly when around them both had her suspect it.

"How long are we going to just lie to them?" Asked Donghun as he went to get food with Hansol. "I don't know," said Hansol. "But I'd rather wait until this is over," he said. "I'm surprised that Jun and Luna picked up on it really easily," he said. "Luna's been around me the most," said Donghun. "So she can pick up on the little things that goes with me," he said. "Jun's been my beta for years," he said. "I think he's able to pick up on the little things concerning the alpha of the pack," he said.

"I wonder if anyone else will figure out that we're mates?" Asked Hansol. "I don't know but if the others find out then that's that," said Donghun. "Are you afraid of the backlash?" Asked Hansol. "No," said Donghun. "We can't help who we find our mates in," he said. "Well, at least for the pure bloods," he said. "The only concern that anyone showed was Luna," he said. "She was afraid that whoever I found my mates in wouldn't accept her because she was human," he said.

"I think I can see why," said Hansol. "She's human," he said. "They are fragile creatures," agreed Donghun as they entered the grocery store to get what they needed. "I can see how much you care for her," said Hansol. "But I must ask why?" He asked. "I'm sure you're aware of how a vampire's blood dens work," said Donghun. "She was a part of one huh?" Asked Hansol. Donghun nodded. "I rescued her from one," he said.

"What made you want to do that?" Asked Hansol. "I don't know really," said Donghun. "I think it was because I got sick and tired of the blood dens here, especially the one in London," he said. "And even though I didn't one up my brother since he's gotten rid of so many blood dens I got to at least say I got to be a part of it, being a part of the teams that got to get rid of most of the blood dens," he said. "I also think it was for the sense of accomplishment," he said. "I see," said Hansol.

Once they got everything Donghun drove home with Hansol in the passenger seat. "So besides you and Jun," said Hansol. "Who else is a pure blood?" He asked. "Jason," said Donghun. "He's not really around much due to his team but since after this you might become vampire hunters I think they'll let him come home," he said.

"Why is he gone all the time?" Asked Hansol. "His team belongs to another pack," said Donghun. "He wants to find his own team to lead but so far no new rookies have come up," he said. "Well, he's lucky we don't have a pack," said Hansol. "Well, technically anyway," he added.

"The thing is, is Kwangsuk willing to join a pack like mine?" Asked Donghun. "Probably," said Hansol. "I've seen the good in your pack, but we haven't seen the bad in it yet," he said. Donghun hummed in response, pulling into the driveway and parking the jeep. Jun and Kwangsuk came outside to help bring the groceries into the house as Donghun and Hansol went to bring the rest inside.

"How'd she do today?" Asked Donghun as he spotted Sehyoon. "Fine," said Sehyoon. "She's in the garden with Jason," he said. Donghun nodded and went to put the groceries away before going out into the backyard to see what Jason and Luna were doing.

"I never understood why you're gone so much," said Luna. "Well," said Jason as he shrugged. "It's because the hunting team I belong to is in a different pack," he said. "I still belong to this pack but I'm with my team the most and they live in South Korea," he said. "Woojin and Hongseob's pack right?" Asked Luna. Jason nodded.

"What made you want to become a hunter?" Asked Luna. "Seeing our home get taken by vampires," said Jason as he spotted Donghun walking over. "I wanted to at least try and be helpful the next time this happens," he said. "Hey Donghun," he said, smiling in greeting. "Hey Jason," said Donghun as he scratched the back of his head. "Luna," he added. "Hello Donghun," said Luna as she smiled.

"Enjoying the day?" Asked Donghun. Luna nodded. "I wanted to show Jason the garden," she said. "I didn't know you were into gardening Jason," Donghun said with a teasing grin. "Please," Jason said with a snort. "I'm not Chan," he said, laughing. "How was food shopping?" He asked. "Just fine, we just got back and now Jun and Chan are working on dinner," said Donghun.

"Well," said Jason as he stood. "We should go inside then," he said. "Okay," said Luna as she got up. They headed inside with Donghun looking out towards the forest behind their house for a few minutes before joining them.

"Ah, Jason," said Luna. "Hm?" Asked Jason as he turned to Luna. "Where did you get your scar?" Asked Luna. "It wasn't there when you rescued me," she said. "I got it from my first mission," said Jason as he traced the scar on the bridge of his nose. "It wasn't anything serious, I was a rookie," he said, shrugging. "I'm not as reckless now as I was at least," he said.

"Well," said Jun as he came out of the kitchen. "Let's eat," he said. Everyone went to get their share of food before going to sit down in the livingroom to eat. Everyone made small talk, with Luna keeping the conversation going with Jason. Donghun and Hansol sat next to each other, much to the amusement of everyone in the room. Donghun and Hansol continued to deny they were mates, much to everyone's amusement. Jun and Luna knew better though, but they couldn't help but tease Donghun.

After dinner Luna and Donghun went to chill in their room, watching a movie. "I know you know that Hansol and I are mates," said Donghun. Luna hummed. "I'm just afraid they won't accept me," she said. "Get to know him," said Donghun. "He's curious about you, with being human and all," he added. Luna nodded. "Maybe I will get to know him, while he's here," she said.

The movie night was interrupted by the doorbell ringing, causing Donghun to go downstairs to see who it was. Jun and Sehyoon were right behind him, with Kwangsuk and Hansol not too far behind and Jason a few feet behind them.

Donghun opened the door to see a bloodied Kangmin, who collapsed as soon as the door opened. Donghun went to catch him, yelling for Chan who came downstairs quickly. Sehyoon ran to get a first aid kit and Donghun carried him inside, with Jason clearing the coffee table so that Donghun could put him on it. "Taeseon is not going to be happy," said Jun as Chan came over with Sehyoon and a first aid kit to check on Kangmin. "No, he isn't," said Donghun as he sighed.

"This is Euijin's work," Kwangsuk said suddenly. "Is he going to turn?" Asked Donghun. "No," said Kwangsuk. "He was careful with that," he said. "But we need to be careful, there's a chance he might not make it," he said. "Oh boy, they have a big death wish then," said Donghun.