Chapter 15

The Wolf and The Human

Luna came outside with Kangmin when they got back, noticing a new person. "Who's this?" Asked Luna. "This is Hojung, he's a 'shifter," said Donghun as he got out of the jeep, letting Hojung out before going to get the groceries. Hansol went to help get the groceries inside with Hojung getting the rest that Donghun and Hansol couldn't get.

"Oh, hello Hojung," said Jinwoo as Hojung headed into the kitchen. "Hello," said Hojung. "What brings you here?" Asked Jinwoo. "I was with Euijin and his pack, I think they thought I was a werewolf," said Hojung. "Wow," said Jinwoo. "Even I can distinguish between a werewolf and a wolf 'shifter," he said. Hojung chuckled. "Yeah, well," he said.

"What brought you to the U.K.?" Asked Donghun. "I'm a werewolf hunter," said Hojung. "I was tracking after Euijin in his pack when they found out and I was basically forced to join them or they'd kill me," he said. "However, I don't think they realized that I was a 'shifter," he said.

"Wait, you're a werewolf hunter too?" Asked Hansol as he turned to Hojung. Hojung nodded. "Who's faction?" Asked Hansol. "iKon's," said Hojung. "I was recruited by someone who was already in the faction," he said.

Jinhwan came into the kitchen. "Come again?" He asked. "You're with my old faction?" He asked. Hojung nodded. "Yes," he said. "Who recruited you?" Asked Jinhwan. "I think his name was Junhoe?" Asked Hojung. "Was this before we became vampire hunters?" Asked Jinhwan. "Yeah," said Hojung. "The werewolf problem in Detroit was getting a bit much and Junhoe recruited some packs around the city to help deal with it," he said. "No offense to ya'll," he added.

"Well," said Donghun. "According to my brother Detroit has always had problems with werewolves," he said. "Any vampire hunter that was a werewolf had to call upon iKon at least once," he said. "Well, yeah," said Jinhwan as he sighed. "I remember getting called to Detroit a few times," he said.

"Where you there when Yoongi and his brother became orphans?" Asked Hojung. "In Chicago?" Asked Jinhwan. "No, but we were there to clean up the mess afterwards," he said. "And then the safe house was established," he said. "I was there for that," said Hojung. "Oh, you started when we did it seems," said Jinhwan.

"I wasn't a part of a faction until Junhoe went for Detroit," Hojung said with a shrug. "I see," said Jinhwan. "The thing is, Taehyun didn't plan on making Detroit his territory but he ended up having to, to keep the werewolves out," said Hojung.

"Having a territory to keep others out has worked before," said Donghun. "Ah, right, with Jaehyun," said Hojung. "We're their neighbors, and such," he said. "Though, we're not as public as most territories back in the U.S. are," he said. "No one is as public with their territories as the big three are," said Kangmin. "Even my next door neighbors don't really get people coming over," he said. "Same with my team," he said.

"What's the big three?" Asked Hojung. "Boston, Ithaca and NYC," said Donghun. "Well, in the U.S. anyway," he said. "I could say that Chicago counts but I don't think it really does, Kino and his pack aren't really public with the territory," said Kangmin. "Just letting those who don't work for Kris pass through their residence," he said.

"Yeah, they don't really own Chicago," said Jinwoo. "They wouldn't have been able to secure that house if that was the case," he said. "It would've taken more than permission from the neighboring territories to actually own the city," he said. "At least, from what MJ said," he said.

"It's like how we secured London," said Donghun. "We live just outside London but we claim it as our territory because we keep vampires out," he said. "Technically speaking anyway," he said. "Not that it stops the vampires from occupying London but," he added. "I think you'd have to live in the city to keep them out of London," said Hojung. "I guess," said Donghun.

After putting groceries away Donghun went to speak with Kangmin regarding his stay with the pack. "I know you're wondering when you're going to end up overstaying your welcome," said Donghun as he stood outside with Kangmin. "But I know it's going to take a bit to adjust, to being a werewolf anyway," he said. "I know," said Kangmin. "I think I'll return home with Hojung when he decides to head back to Detroit," he said. "I can get Kino or someone from our American team to come get me," he said.

"I don't want it to seem like we're kicking you out but," Donghun said, scratching the back of his head. "I know, I know," said Kangmin. "I need to head home eventually," he said. "And I will, after this," he said. "I just need your permission on something," he said. Donghun tilted his head to the side.

"If something were to come up with me, will you allow Chan to come over to get me and bring me somewhere else?" Asked Kangmin. Donghun blinked. "Of course," he said. "But it has to be to the point where your team kicked you out," he said. Kangmin hummed, nodding. "Okay, thank you," he said.

"If I may suggest something," said Donghun as he turned to Kangmin. "You said you had a werewolf pack living next door to your team house right?" He asked. Kangmin nodded. "Jisung's with them, and in a way so is Hohyeon, he spends a lot of time with them now," he said. "Well, mainly due to their youngest, Jeongin, going to school with Hohyeon but," he said, shrugging.

"I suggest joining their pack," said Donghun. "Because after you leave here there is no pack for you to go to," he said. "I was planning to," said Kangmin. "As soon as Kihyun and Jisung get back of course," he added. "It's because of them that Hohyeon has been allowed to be over so much when our team is away," he said. "Of course, I go over too but," he said, shrugging.

"I hope that whatever you had to say to Chan helped you a bit," said Donghun. "It has," said Kangmin as he looked out towards the forest. "It's given me hope at least," he added. "That I have someone to be there for me when it gets bad," he said. Donghun nodded.