Chapter 6

The Wolf and The Human

The atmosphere changed around the house, as the sight of werewolf hunters set almost everyone off despite the reassurance from Chan that if they were there to kill them they would've done so before Kwangsuk made it through the door. It didn't help that Chan was supposed to be a werewolf hunter, if he had stayed around a little longer anyway. Woojin, Hongseob and Jason stayed around after making sure Jeonguk was okay with them staying around for a bit longer so they could deal with Euijin and his pack.

"This wouldn't be the first time vampire hunters and werewolf hunters worked together towards a common goal," said Woojin. "Yes but it will be the last our particular teams will work together," said Hansol. "I don't think so," said Kwangsuk. "Unless you want to retire," he said. "You do have a way out," said Woojin. "Jason's still with his pack, technically," he said.

"So we do what iKon did then," said Kwangsuk. "It wouldn't be that hard," said Woojin. "Getting into a faction would be harder but," he said, shrugging. "We're a part of our own," said Hansol. "We'd just have to register it as a vampire hunting faction right?" He asked. Woojin nodded. "I think we'll talk more when this is over," said Kwangsuk. "We will," said Woojin. "For now we have a pack to deal with," he said.

 

~



Donghun and Luna were out in the backyard, just to get away from everyone as Chan and Sehyoon were out grocery shopping. Jun was with Kwangsuk, the two of them taking the time to get to know each other. Hansol and Kijoong were with Woojin, Hongseob and Jason as they planned their next plan of getting to Junyoung and eventually getting to Euijin.

"Donghun," said Luna as she turned to Donghun. "Hm?" Asked Donghun as he was looking up at the sky. "You said you were special," said Luna. "At least, your family was," she said. "What did you mean by that?" She asked. Donghun hummed. "Well," he said.

"What do you know of werewolf lore?" He asked, turning to Luna. "From what you told me or from what I myself knew before meeting you?" Asked Luna. "From what you knew before meeting us," said Donghun. "Well," said Luna. "I thought you changed into giant hulking beasts that stood on two legs," she said. "The silver part I got right at least, but from what I've witnessed you don't turn into giant beasts on two legs," she said. "Or change purely by the full moon," she said.

"That's the thing though," said Donghun. "You've never seen us change on the full moon," he said. "But that's beside the point," he said, looking up at the sky again. "And those who can change their wolf forms to make them stand on two legs, they do exist," he said. "Really?" Asked Luna.

"It so happens to be that there is a full moon tonight," remarked Jun as he walked over with Kwangsuk. "How unfortunate," Donghun hummed as he looked at Jun then at Kwangsuk. "You don't look too surprised at this information," he said. "We did talk a bit in depth with it," said Jun. "I wonder if Sehyoon will make it to the change tonight?" Asked Donghun as he looked towards the forest behind their property.

"Do you want to come watch the change?" Asked Jun as he looked at Luna. "Maybe," said Luna. "But I think I would have to be prepared," she said. "It's for the best," said Donghun. "It's also best you stay with Kwangsuk if he decides to join us," he said. "I will," said Kwangsuk.

"Well," said Donghun as he got up. "Let's go and get some dinner before we do this eh?" He asked, turning to the others. Everyone nodded and headed inside to find something to eat.

"Ah! Woojin!" Called Donghun. "Yo?" Asked Woojin as he walked into the kitchen. "I assume you know about our family's erm, special thing?" Asked Donghun. "I do," said Woojin as he scratched the back of his head. "But I won't be joining you tonight," he said. "I tried to trigger that change and well," he said. "It never worked," he said. "Interesting," said Donghun as he nodded. "Well, come eat dinner," he said. Woojin nodded and went to get the others before coming back to get their share of dinner.

After dinner Sehyoon and Chan returned, with Sehyoon almost forgetting what kind of night it was. "You almost missed it," said Donghun as he spotted Sehyoon. "Sorry, was caught up in traffic," said Sehyoon. Jun and Luna were sitting on the back porch, waiting. "Keep an eye on her Kwangsuk," said Donghun as he turned to Kwangsuk. "I will," said Kwangsuk as he nodded.

Donghun, Jun and Sehyoon took off their shirts, rolling their shoulders some as they stretched. Luna felt an involuntary shiver go through her as she heard the bones start to crack.

"Well, here we go," said Donghun. as he grunted, feeling the change start. Jun and Sehyoon stretched, feeling the change start. All three of them changed to wolf form first, shaking out their fur to make the transition a bit easier as their bones snapped and healed, changing to make the front paws change into human hands with claws. Their size increased as well to accommodate for the newer forms. Once the change completed Donghun, Sehyoon and Jun stood on two legs before letting out their howls. Luna shivered at the sound, though she tried to hide her fear as Kwangsuk put a hand on her shoulder.

The three wolves turned to the back porch, Donghun looking straight at Luna and Jun looking straight at Kwangsuk. After a few tense minutes Jun, Donghun and Sehyoon dropped to all fours and ran off, going running. Kwangsuk relaxed, letting out a deep breath. "T-That was scary," said Luna. "I know," said Kwangsuk.

Jason came outside with Chan, causing Luna and Kwangsuk to turn to them. "They went running then?" Asked Chan. Kwangsuk nodded. "Good, I was cowering so bad inside," Chan said with a shudder. "Their alpha auras overwhelmed me," he said. "I hate being a beta sometimes," he mumbled. "You'll get used to it," said Kwangsuk. "I've been used to it for 30 years now," Chan said with a shake of his head.