Chapter 12

The Wolf and The Human

Donghun and Hansol were glad that Kijoong hadn't spilled their secret yet, though they figured Kwangsuk had a say in it, since Kwangsuk seemed to be watching them closely now with Jun doing the same. Kangmin was adjusting well to having a new presence in his mind, thanks to the help of Chan and Sehyoon who offered their help after Donghun gave the okay to. It wasn't like they didn't want to help, they did, but Donghun had to make sure Taeseon was okay with it before letting Chan and Sehyoon help Kangmin adjust to this new life.

Chan and Kangmin seemed to grow closer after Kangmin revealed his biggest secret to Chan. Chan had encouraged Kangmin to eventually come out to his team leader next, considering that Taeseon would take this seriously since it involved his team's current youngest. "Come out to Taeseon first, that way you'll have his back if something goes wrong in telling the others," explained Chan. "If he doesn't approve go next door and wait for Kino to show up, or I'll come over if I have to," he said. "Thank you," said Kangmin as he gave Chan a hug.

 

~



"Damn it," whined Chan as he flopped onto his bed with a sigh. "This is going to end up like Chanwoo and Donghan all over again," he said, throwing an arm over his eyes. "Missing Jinwoo already?" Asked Sehyoon. "Yes, and I don't want to go over there in case I'm needed here," said Chan. "I don't want to seem pushy," he said. "Well, it's expected really," said Sehyoon. "Jinwoo's a part of Moonbin's pack and faction, you'd have to expect something like this," he said. "I know I know," said Chan. "I'm just being your typical needy person you know that," he said.

"It's not always that bad," said Kangmin as he went to sit beside Chan. "At least, I hope so anyway," he said. Chan hummed, sitting up and turning to Kangmin. "I guess you'll never find out until you find your mate huh?" He asked. "I guess so," said Kangmin as he scratched the back of his head.

"Hey, when Kihyun and Jisung finally head home you won't be the youngest anymore," Chan said with a snicker. "I guess you're right," Kangmin said, laughing some.

"Chan! We need you to work on dinner," Donghun called from downstairs. Chan sighed and got up, turning to Sehyoon. "Let's go make dinner then?" He asked. "Sure," said Sehyoon as he followed Chan downstairs. Kangmin went downstairs a few minutes later, spotting everyone in the livingroom.

"Kangmin," said Donghun. "Hm?" Asked Kangmin. "Have you had your first change yet?" Asked Donghun. "Not yet," said Kangmin. "It shouldn't be too hard, but everyone's different," said Donghun. "Some people fight it but it's easier not to trust me," he said. "Okay," said Kangmin. "I think I'll trigger the change within the next few days, if we don't get attacked again within that time frame," he said. "I think Chan said he'd help me with that," he said. "Okay," said Donghun as Chan called out that dinner was ready. Everyone went to get their share of dinner before going to sit in the livingroom to eat.

After dinner Donghun and Hansol went out into the backyard to have a talk, leaving Luna with Sehyoon for a bit. "How's the search for Euijin's location?" Asked Donghun as he turned to Hansol. "It could be better," Hansol said, scratching the back of his head. "But we're going to need help," he said. "Kijoong's tracking isn't as defined yet, and Kwangsuk and I are busy with you and Jun respectively," he said. Donghun hummed, nodding.

"I know that Chan's a good tracker but I can't be bothered to ask him to help you know?" Asked Hansol as he put his hands in his pockets. "He didn't deserve this, the kid was going to be a great doctor," he said. "Yeah, I understand," said Donghun.

"Is it weird to want to try and ask for iKon to help?" Asked Hansol. "I mean, from what I know they still find werewolves, when they're needed to," he said. "Do you know them?" Asked Donghun. "I think we were a part of their faction before they changed occupations," said Hansol. "So the leadership went to Kwangsuk," he said. "I think we'll have to see, when Jinwoo eventually comes back I'll ask to see if he can bring someone along," said Donghun. Hansol nodded.

"Now the burning question, when do we come out to them?" Asked Donghun as he looked up at the sky. "I wanted to wait until after this was over but," Hansol said, scratching the back of his head. "I think we should do it soon though," he said.

"What has you so afraid?" Asked Donghun. "Nothing," said Hansol. "I'm not afraid of anything," he said. "But when it comes time to switch occupations they'll want to know why," he said. "Hm," said Donghun as he turned to Hansol.

Hansol turned to Donghun. "What?" He asked. "You're not really into this," said Donghun. "Why?" He asked. Hansol sighed. "I've been a werewolf hunter for so long," he said. "I don't want to seem like that douche bag but," he said. "Well," said Donghun. "I can understand that," he said. "But you know what happens when you reject a pure blood I'm sure," he said. "Yeah," said Hansol.

Donghun hummed. "Well," he said. "We need to work this out somehow," he said. "Are you willing to work with this?" He asked. "Yes," said Hansol. "I'm fine with this," he said. "I just need time to adjust," he said. "And I don't know if I'll ever be completely okay with this," he said. "But I don't want to reject you," he said. "I'll give you all the time you need to adjust," said Donghun. "Besides, maybe I'll find my pure blood mate before then," he said. Hansol hummed.

"Well," said Donghun. "Let's go inside then," he said. "Sure," said Hansol before he headed inside with Donghun.