Chapter 9

The Wolf and The Human

"How is he?" Asked Donghun as Chan had moved Kangmin into his and Sehyoon's room. "Fine," said Chan. "However we're going to need a real medic," he said. "We're not equipped to handle wounds like this on a human," he said. "I'll call Eunwoo," said Donghun. "Okay," said Chan. Donghun nodded and left the room.

"Hello?" Asked Eunwoo as he sat in front of the computer. "Sorry to bother you," said Donghun as he sat down. "But one of Taeseon's teammates is here and he's injured," he said. Eunwoo hummed. "That is a big issue," he said. "Are you able to come over?" Asked Donghun. "I'll see, but I'm sure I will be, how is his condition?" Asked Eunwoo. "Stable for now but we're not equipped to deal with humans," said Donghun. "I'll come over by train with Jinwoo, we'll see you in a few hours," said Eunwoo. Donghun nodded. "Alright," he said before hanging up.

Donghun leaned back in his chair, sighing as he contemplated what to do. Taeseon wouldn't be happy, nor would his entire team, Kangmin was their youngest and on his way to become a doctor. Donghun decided to see if Taeseon was available, messaging him before getting up and going downstairs where the others were busy with their own things.

"We're getting visitors," announced Donghun, catching everyone's attention. "Who is it?" Asked Jun. "Eunwoo and Jinwoo," said Donghun. "We're not equipped to deal with wounds that serious," he said. "So I asked for their help," he said. "I also messaged Taeseon to see what he's going to do," he said. "Hopefully we don't have his entire team knocking on our door," he said.

Chan yelled that there was a skype call for Donghun so Donghun went to answer it, sitting in front of the computer. "Hey Taeseon," said Donghun as he tried to give a friendly smile in greeting. "Hey," said Taeseon as he looked serious. "What happened to Kangmin?" He asked. "We didn't do it," said Donghun. "I know, you wouldn't be messaging me telling me that Kangmin is at your place critical would you?" Asked Taeseon. Donghun hummed.

"I'm sure you're aware of Euijin and his pack?" He asked. Taeseon nodded. "He was going over to see Chan, I didn't expect this," he said. "Well," Donghun said, sighing. "Neither did we, Eunwoo and Jinwoo are on their way over to check on him," he said. "Okay," said Taeseon. "Keep me posted alright?" He asked. "Always," said Donghun as he nodded. Taeseon waved before hanging up.

 

~



Eunwoo and Jinwoo arrived in London around noon the next day and Donghun went to get them. Chan was keeping a close eye on Kangmin, the two of them having become great friends since Taeseon's team took back London from the vampires. In a lot of ways Chan saw his human self in Kangmin, at least, before everything happened. It was why Chan was considered the medic in the pack, he had also been trying to become a doctor before he had been turned.

Hansol, Kwangsuk and Kijoong were out tracking where Euijin had gone, needing to get something done. It wouldn't be wise to go after him now, but they needed to see where he was. Chan would've gone with them but he was needed to keep an eye on Kangmin who seemed to be running a fever due to an infection setting in on the biggest wound which was on his back. They kept Kangmin wiped down and Chan had to stitch up the wounds but other than that they weren't really equipped for much else.

Eunwoo and Jinwoo came into the room while Chan was falling asleep in the chair next to the bed. "Chan," said Eunwoo, startling Chan as he fell out of the chair. "Oh, hey Eunwoo," said Chan as he got up, stretching. Jinwoo shook his head. "What's his condition now?" He asked. "Running a fever, we managed to stitch and bandage all the wounds but the one on his back got infected," said Chan as he turned serious. Eunwoo nodded. "Go get some rest, I have it from here," he said. Chan nodded and stumbled out of the room, going into Jun's room to see if he could catch up on sleep.

Donghun paced in the livingroom, wondering about the news with Kangmin. He never wanted this to happen to anyone, let alone a human. "Everything alright?" Asked Sehyoon as he walked over. "Just worried that's all," said Donghun. "Yeah I figured," said Sehyoon as he sighed. "I hope he makes it," he said. "Worse comes to worse someone has to turn him," said Donghun. "I hope it doesn't come to that," said Sehyoon.

"As much as I wouldn't mind turning the kid that's not even our call," said Donghun as he stopped to turn to Sehyoon. "You're right," said Sehyoon. "We need his team leader's permission," he said. Jun came downstairs after Chan went to sleep, looking at Donghun. "Chan's finally sleeping," he said. "Okay," said Donghun. "Where's Luna?" He asked. "In the garden with Jason, he's distracting her," said Jun. "I think," he added.

Donghun headed into the backyard, spotting Jason with Luna, the both of them laying down on a blanket and cloud watching. "Hey you two," he said, walking over. "Welcome back," said Jason as he sat up. "How's Kangmin?" Asked Luna. "He's still got a fever but," said Donghun as he scratched the back of his head. "Eunwoo and Jinwoo are here to check on him," he said. "That's good," said Luna. "Hopefully he'll recover fast," she said. "Here's hoping," said Donghun.

"Where'd the werewolf hunters go?" Asked Jason as Donghun went to sit beside Luna. "They went to find out where Euijin's hiding," said Donghun. "I think they wanted to ask Chan to come along since he's a tracker but," he said, shrugging. "He had to take care of Kangmin, yeah," said Jason.

After a few hours Eunwoo came outside to update Donghun of Kangmin's condition. "How is he?" Asked Donghun. "Getting better," said Eunwoo. "But uh," he said, scratching the back of his head. "Jinwoo found his mate in Chan," he said. "Well then," Donghun said with a chuckle.

"Your werewolf hunter friends are back," said Eunwoo as he shook his head. "They're not causing trouble are they?" Asked Donghun. "No, no," said Eunwoo. "But Hansol wants to talk," he said. Donghun hummed, getting up. "Alright," he said, heading inside.