Chapter 10

The Wolf and The Human

Donghun met up with Hansol, and they took a car ride to get some privacy. "What did you need to talk about?" He asked. "Well," said Hansol. "I think I want to go public about us being mates," he said. "What brought this on?" Asked Donghun. "Kijoong figured it out and knowing him he'd spill the secret before we do," said Hansol. "I'd imagine that Kwangsuk would try to keep him from doing anything but it's my guess as to what he decides to do," he said.

"Did Luna start talking to you?" Asked Donghun as he started the drive home. "Yes," said Hansol. "She seems fearful of my presence but maybe it's because of my so called "cold stare" that's become famous with me," he said. Donghun chuckled some. "It would turn away a lot of people sure," he said.

When they got back to the house Eunwoo was waiting for them outside, looking grim. "What's up?" Asked Donghun as he got out of the Jeep with Hansol following after him a few seconds later. "Someone has to turn him," said Eunwoo. "That's not our call," said Donghun. "We'll need Taeseon's permission," he said. "What's wrong?" He asked. "The fever's gotten worse, and I don't think he'll make it at this rate," said Eunwoo. "I wouldn't be here telling you this either, if I didn't think he'd need to be turned but," he said. Donghun sighed. "I'll see if I can convince Taeseon," he said before going inside. Eunwoo and Hansol follow after him.

Donghun and Eunwoo sat in front of the computer as Taeseon picked up, wondering what was wrong. "What's up?" Asked Taeseon. "I know you probably didn't want this to happen to your youngest but," said Eunwoo as he scratched the back of his head. "He needs to be turned doesn't he?" Asked Taeseon. "I didn't want to come to this conclusion either," said Eunwoo as he let out a deep sigh. "But I think it has to come to this point," he said.

Taeseon sighed as he looked conflicted. "I mean I know that when Jisung and Kihyun get back that Jisung's going to be turned but," he said. "If Kangmin was awake he'd say no to being turned," he said. "Which is why we need you to give the consent," said Donghun. Taeseon sighed as he scratched the back of his head. "Okay," he said. "I'll approve of this," he said. "But, since this is Kangmin, I think he'd want Chan to turn him," he said. "Okay," said Donghun. "Thank you," he said. Taeseon nodded and hung up, leaving Donghun and Eunwoo to lean back in their chairs, looking at each other.

"I don't know what to do," said Donghun. "Well," said Eunwoo. "We just got permission to turn him," he said. "We should tell Chan then," he said. "Right," said Donghun as he got up, going to find Chan. Eunwoo followed after him, the both of them finding Chan in Jun's room with Jinwoo.

"Chan," said Donghun. "Yes?" Asked Chan as he looked up at Donghun. "We have to turn him," said Donghun. "Oh," said Chan as he looked down. "Taeseon gave us permission," said Donghun. "And he thinks that you should turn him," he said. Chan looked up at Donghun. "Really?" He asked. Donghun nodded.

"Are you okay to do that?" He asked. "I-I," said Chan as he looked at Jinwoo. Jinwoo offered an encouraging smile. "Should do it," he said. "He wouldn't blame you," he said. Chan hummed, before nodding. "Okay," he said. "He's in my room still right?" He asked. "Yes," said Eunwoo. "I'll be over there then, come check on him in an hour," he said, getting up. "Good luck then," said Donghun. Chan nodded and left the room.

"He's scared," remarked Jinwoo. "I don't think he's had to turn anyone before," said Donghun as he shook his head. "First time jitters then," said Eunwoo as he hummed. "We should go wait for him then," he said. "Let's go downstairs then," said Donghun. Everyone nodded and went downstairs.

Chan stood in front of his bed, looking down at Kangmin's body. "I can't believe it came to this," he said. "I guess it can't be helped then can it?" He asked, taking off his shirt and stretching. "I just bite him right? Or scratch him," he hummed to himself as he wondered how to do this. He then remembered the scars on his right hip, right where he had been turned. "Right, scratching would work," he mumbled, removing the blanket and moving Kangmin's shirt away from his side. He then changed, soon standing in wolf form as he stretched. He looked down at his paws to see how his claws looked.

When he deemed them sharp enough he walked over to his bed and moved the shirt over a bit more, trying to find a spot not covered in bandages. When he did he moved to slash across the area, making sure to slash deep enough to draw blood before moving away. He changed back to human form and went to get dressed and check on the healing rate once he was dressed. "Oh good," he breathed. "It's working," he said, moving to cover Kangmin with the blanket again. He headed out of the room after making sure Kangmin was okay and going downstairs.

"How'd it go?" Asked Donghun when he spotted Chan. “It went okay,” said Chan. “He’s turning as we speak, his wounds are healing so,” he said. “That’s good,” said Donghun. “But I think because he’s becoming a werewolf a lot of those scars will stay,” said Chan. “It happened with Hansol and I when we were turned,” he said.

"The healing kicked in, at least," he added. "That's good," said Donghun. "I'd imagine he'd wake up in the next few days at least," he said. "He'll need time to adjust before he goes home though," he said. "Right," Chan said quietly as he looked down.

"Hey," said Jinwoo. "It's not like he'll be alone," he said. "He has us, and when he goes home he has his neighbors," he said. "I'm sure they know what to do with newly turned werewolves," he said. "But what if he ends up being a beta?" Asked Chan. "Then we'll help him adjust to it as best as possible," said Donghun. "We'll be prepared for it," he said. "At least, as prepared as possible," he added. Chan nodded.