Chapter 16

The Wolf and The Human

It was during a quiet day when Euijin and the others in his pack showed up. Donghun was lounging on the back porch, looking up at the sky when he heard footsteps.

"Oh, you came at the perfect time," said Donghun as he turned his attention to who he presumed was Euijin. He recognized Junyoung though, as he stood, putting his hands in his pockets. "We've kept a close eye on you my friend," said Euijin as he smirked. "Funny because so have we," said Donghun as Hojung came outside with his arms crossed.

"The traitor makes his presence known then?" Asked Euijin. "I was never a part of your pack anyway buddy," said Hojung as he shrugged. "I can't believe you mistook a wolf 'shifter for a werewolf, that's new," Donghun said with a snicker. "What?" Asked Euijin. "Like really," Hojung said, shaking his head.

The others walk into view, with the rest of Donghun’s pack coming outside to see what was going on. Kwangsuk, Kijoong and Hansol walked out of the forest with Kangmin, Jinhwan and Jinwoo.

"Vampire hunters working with werewolf hunters? That's unusual," said Euijin as he turned to them. "Funny, because it happens more than you think," said Kwangsuk. "We all have one common goal anyway," he said.

"It seems the human survived," said Euijin. "I wasn't even here for you," spat Kangmin as a growl escaped him. "You can't just assume that every hunter you come across are werewolf hunters," he spat. "You're lucky you didn't kill me," he said. "I don't think so," said Euijin. "I think I had a motive behind what I did," he said. "Put me through more suffering? Yeah no thanks," said Kangmin. Chan tried not to flinch from the words Kangmin said but a small whimper escaped him and Kangmin gave him an apologetic look.

"Let's get this over with then?" Asked Kwangsuk as he cracked his knuckles. "You know, after a lot of debate I missed hunting werewolves," said Jinhwan as he shrugged his shoulders. "But I will leave this to the werewolf hunters," he added.

"We're done here then," said Donghun. "It would seem so," said Kwangsuk as he changed before attacking Euijin. As if on cue Kijoong and Hansol changed, going after the rest of his pack. Jinhwan and Kangmin would only step in if things got out of hand but otherwise stayed put. Kangmin was still a newly turned werewolf, his changing patterns were still rather unpredictable and Jinhwan was a little bit out of practice with hunting werewolves.

It didn't take long, however for Kijoong to mess up. Something had gone wrong with the battle and Donghun was forced to join in as Kijoong was nearly overwhelmed by the others teaming up on him. Hansol and Kwangsuk were busy with Euijin, leaving Kijoong to the rest of his pack. Donghun saved Kijoong from being knocked over, earning a slash in his side as Donghun took the blow. "Damn you," spat Donghun before he changed, attacking the other wolf. Jun and Sehyoon joined the fight not long after, with Kijoong and Donghun working as a team while Jun and Sehyoon did the same.

Marco, Junyoung and Daewon were not expecting Donghun, Sehyoon and Jun to help Kijoong. It meant that they were going to be in for something far worse than a werewolf hunter, if their sources proved correct about these particular three werewolves. Daewon and Marco didn't even want to fight at this point, but they couldn't just leave Junyoung hanging.

Something snapped in Euijin as he finally had enough, forcing a change as his wolf body contorted to change into one that stood on two legs. He let out a roar, swiping at Hansol and slamming him into a tree before doing the same with Kwangsuk. He turned to face a snarling Donghun as he too forced the change, soon standing on two legs. He threw Junyoung and Marco to the side before launching himself at Euijin. Euijin met Donghun halfway, snarling and slashing at each other.

Chan tried to keep the trembling down as he felt the alpha auras from everyone. "Damn my beta status," he mumbled as he watched the fighting going on. "Do you think that they have a chance of winning this?" Asked Luna. "They have to," said Jason. "Besides, Jun and Sehyoon haven't revealed what they have yet," he said.

Donghun was knocked to the ground, Euijin's larger size finally beating him down. Donghun struggled to get to his feet, heavily bleeding now as he struggled through the pain. Euijin raised up a clawed hand, going for the final blow as Donghun closed his eyes.

A sickening crunch was heard, and Donghun opened his eyes to see that Hansol had taken the blow meant for him. That seemed to push Donghun to stand, forcing his body to move. The forced change was not doing anything good to his weakened body but he let out the fiercest howl he could muster up before launching himself at Euijin, the rage taking over.

Chan ran over to Hansol once Donghun and Euijin were away from where Hansol was lying, checking him over. He struggled through the waves of alpha auras coming off the fighting wolves, taking a deep breath as he, as gently as he could, picked up Hansol and brought him to the back porch and out of the fighting range. Kangmin ran over to see what he could do to help and Chan instructed him on what to do to help Hansol before letting his healing do the rest.

Jun and Sehyoon had enough. It was either get this over with and force the change or let their alpha die. A glance between the both of them had them trigger the change, the both of them soon standing on two legs. With a roar they knocked out Daewon, Junyoung and Marco before running to aid Donghun. Kijoong ran over to Kwangsuk, nudging the older wolf up and helping him over to the back porch with Jinhwan and Jinwoo going to see what they could do to help.

Donghun was losing, badly. It had been a long time since he had fought in this form and he was out of practice. He didn't know what forcing the change outside of the full moon would do to his body but he hoped that his healing would kick in before any lasting damage was done. He was grateful, collapsing as Jun and Sehyoon came to help him, that he was able to fight to the end. He found himself losing consciousness as the fight finally ended with Jun and Sehyoon teaming up to kill Euijin. The last thing he heard before completely going under was their howls in victory.