Chapter 4

The Wolf and The Human

When word from Woojin said that he was coming over with Jason and Hongseob the atmosphere around the house got better. Woojin finally caught a break with Hongseob and Jason and they made time to come over.

Donghun was lounging in the livingroom, watching a movie while the others were doing their own things. Luna was with Jun, who had gone to get food, while Chan and Sehyoon were in their room watching another movie. There hadn't been much news from Euijin and his pack but things like that were inconclusive. Werewolf packs were usually unpredictable due to most being nomadic but there were still quite a few that had territories.

The doorbell rang and Donghun looked towards the front door before getting up and going to answer it, grinning when he saw who it was. "Hey you three, come on in," he said. Woojin grinned in greeting. "Hey," he said, walking in with Jason and Hongseob after Donghun moved to let them in before closing the door behind him.

"Chan! Sehyoon! We have guests," Donghun called upstairs, causing the both of them to come downstairs. "Jason!" Said Chan as he tackled Jason. Jason laughs as he quickly steadied himself, letting Chan settle on his back. "Hey," he said, straightening himself with Chan hanging on his shoulders. "Where's Jun?" Asked Woojin. "Grocery shopping with Luna," said Donghun. "They left an hour ago so," he said, shrugging. Sehyoon went to turn off the TV in their room before joining the others in the livingroom, sitting with Chan on the couch while Woojin and Hongseob got the loveseat and Jason sat in a chair.

"How's things?" Asked Hongseob. "Eh," said Donghun. "They're alright," he said. "But I think we might have a problem on our hands," he said. "Whenever Chan's old pack decide to show their faces again," he said. Woojin hummed. "Euijin?" He asked. "You know him?" Asked Chan. "He is known to cause trouble," said Woojin. "Wasn't aware that he'd cause that much trouble," said Donghun. "If it caught the attention of vampire hunters anyway," he added.

"Not only that," said Hongseob. "They caught the attention of werewolf hunters," he said. "Really?" Asked Donghun. "Interesting," he said. "He's good at evading them I know that for sure," said Hongseob. "Even their best teams are unable to find him," he said. "Well," said Chan. "I'm pretty sure one of his pack members are here, considering Junyoung showed up," he said.

"You know," said Donghun. "I know that iKon used to be famous as werewolf hunters due to their cold reputation but I wonder who took their place?" He asked. "That's a scary question to ask," said Woojin as he tilted his head in question. "I mean, if iKon could track down almost every werewolf pack then this new top team is far behind in that aspect," said Donghun.

"Well," said Woojin. "If it's run like how the vampire hunting association is run then there's bound to be other supernatural creatures out there," he said. "At least, those on the werewolf hunting side," he said. "I'd imagine that that's where most of the shapeshifters end up," said Hongseob. "If they don't end up becoming vampire hunters anyway," he added.

"Believe it or not there's been more than just iKon joining the werewolf hunt," said Woojin. "I don't want to even think about how many packs joined the werewolf hunt," said Donghun. "Me either but," said Woojin. "You're bound to run into them sooner or later," finished Jason. "I hope that we don't run into them anytime soon," he said. "Our line of work may force us to," said Woojin. "We ran into iKon a lot when they were werewolf hunters," agreed Hongseob. "Even before we met," he said.

Jun and Luna soon returned with bags of food. "Oh, hey Jason," said Jun. "Woojin, Hongseob," he said as he walked into the kitchen. Luna followed Jun into the kitchen with the bags of food that she carried. Donghun shook his head and got up to see if they needed help putting things away.

"How was it?" He asked as he helped put the dry food into the cupboards. "It went fine," said Jun. "Nothing happened today," he said. "I'm starting to think that doing this is a good idea," said Luna as she focused on something in the fridge. "Really?" Asked Donghun. "We were in London for two hours," said Jun. "She did fine," he said. "That's good," said Donghun.

After putting everything away everyone went into the livingroom to finish watching the movie. They continued to watch the movie, making small talk as the evening progressed.

The doorbell rang and Donghun blinked, looking at his phone before getting up and going to answer it. "Hello?" He asked. "Chan here?" Asked the visitor. "Yes, who's asking?" Asked Donghun. Chan came to the door. "Kwangsuk?" He asked. "What brings you here?" He asked. "I-I," started Kwangsuk before he collapsed.

Chan quickly ran to his side, checking him for any wounds. "Ow!" He exclaimed, moving his hand away as he felt a burning sensation. "He's hit with something silver!" He said. Woojin ran outside to see. "Jason! Grab my bag!" He shouted as he picked up Kwangsuk's body, careful to not touch the wound before bringing him inside after Donghun held the door open for him.

Everyone cleared the coffee table and Woojin put Kwangsuk down, moving him over onto his stomach and tearing his shirt open. Jason came over with the bag and Woojin dug through it, putting on some gloves and grabbing a syringe before injecting the medicine into Kwangsuk. "Just a stab wound," mumbled Woojin as he noticed the healing kicking in after the medicine started working. "Good," said Chan. "At least his healing is kicking in," he said. Woojin hummed in response as he wrapped up the wound for now.

"Who is this?" Asked Donghun. "It's my old pack alpha," said Chan as he looked at Kwangsuk. "But where's Hansol and Kijoong?" He asked in confusion. "Come on," said Woojin as he went to lift up Kwangsuk. "Where can I put him?" He asked. "My room," said Jun. "Since everyone is sharing a room right now," he added. "Take me to the room then," said Woojin. Jun lead him to his room, opening the door for him and Woojin put Kwangsuk on the bed. Woojin left him there with Jun as Jun decided to call it a night.

Woojin walked back into the livingroom, spotting a worried Chan pacing. "He'll be fine," he said. "I know but I can't help but worry," said Chan as he stopped to look at Woojin. "Well," said Woojin as he sighed. "I don't know what will happen with him but we just have to keep an eye on him okay?" He asked. Chan nodded.

"I think if Kwangsuk doesn't make it Jun's going to go insane," said Donghun as he walked into the livingroom. "Ah, I hate dealing with insane werewolves," Woojin said, sighing. "And Jun has the best timing," he said. "You know us werewolves can't help who our mates are," said Donghun. Woojin sighed. "Of course," he said.