Chapter 17

The Wolf and The Human

When Donghun came back to the world the first thing that registered in his mind was pain. He grunted as he moved, falling off the bed and landing on the floor with a thump. He got to his feet, looking confused as to why he was still so low in the ground. He turned to the mirror and saw that he was still in wolf form, snorting in surprise. What had happened while he was unconscious?

The door opened and Donghun turned to see Chan walk in. "Hey hyung," said Chan. "I think it was your wolf that did this, to try and recover after forcing the change," he said. "Jun and Sehyoon were the same way, they just changed back though, when they woke up," he said. Donghun shrugged and willed his body to go through the change, soon standing there in human form. He went to put on some clothes as he listened to Chan explain what had happened after he passed out.

"Daewon, Marco and Junyoung are still alive, Kwangsuk was only there for Euijin anyway, and it turns out that Hojung wasn't even on the list in the first place," said Chan as he kept an eye on Donghun. Donghun hummed. "Well, I mean that'd be stupid to kill a wolf 'shifter," he said. "Especially when said wolf 'shifter was there to kill Euijin anyway," he added as he shrugged on a shirt.

"How's the pain?" Asked Chan. "Manageable," said Donghun as he turned to Chan. "Where's the three wolves now?" He asked. "They're still around, under the watchful eye of Kwangsuk," said Chan. "I know, I would've killed them too but according to Kwangsuk werewolf hunters don't kill off the entire pack unless it was necessary to," he said. Donghun hummed before leaving the room with Chan following after him.

Hansol was sitting in the livingroom with Kijoong as they watched Jinwoo and Kangmin playing on the PS4. "Where's everyone else?" Asked Donghun. "Sehyoon is making lunch with Luna and Jun is with Kwangsuk who is watching Daewon, Marco and Junyoung," said Chan as he went to sit next to Jinwoo. Donghun hummed and sat next to Hansol who regarded him with a blank look before turning his attention back to the TV.

"I'm guessing Jinhwan went back to Berlin," said Donghun as he watched Jinwoo and Kangmin race each other. "Yeah, something about Chanwoo needing him for something," said Jinwoo as he shrugged. "Where's Hojung and Jason?" Asked Donghun. "Hojung is outside tending to the garden, and Jason was called out to a mission so he left to meet with his team," said Chan. "Hojung said something about wanting to help out before he had to head back to the U.S.," he added. "I see," said Donghun.

Sehyoon called out that lunch was ready and everyone went to get lunch, with Luna bringing lunch to Hojung who had been taking a break and Sehyoon bringing Kwangsuk and Jun their lunch. Daewon, Marco and Junyoung already ate, as they had brought them food earlier. They weren't cruel to their prisoners, much to popular belief.

Donghun had the reputation of being one of the coldest werewolf pack alphas in existence but it was the complete opposite. It was due to who his brother was that had him put up the cold front. He didn't want to be compared to Woojin, they were the complete opposite of each other, and Donghun refused to be put on the same page as his brother. They did completely different things, and comparing the two of them were like comparing apples to oranges.

It didn't mean that Donghun didn't care for Woojin, no. He cared for him like any older sibling would but their differences was what kept the image of them not being as close up.

"What are we going to do about our new friends?" Asked Luna. "I'm not sure yet," said Donghun. "And they aren't really friends are they?" He asked. "I guess not," said Luna.

"They were only following Euijin out of fear," said Kijoong as he ate. "Something about the fact that Euijin could change like that kind of scared them," he said. "Especially when he could change like that anytime," he said. Donghun hummed, his head tilting to the side. "Well, I have a mission for Moonbin then," he said.

"I'm curious," said Sehyoon. "Was he a pure blood or turned werewolf?" He asked. "According to mission details he was a pure blood," said Kijoong. "I was not aware of another pure blood family being able to do this," said Donghun. "Then again, his parents could've been turned werewolves or something," he said. "Like how Jun's family was?" Asked Sehyoon. Donghun nodded.

"I'll message Moonbin and see if he can dig up anything," said Jinwoo as he grabbed his phone. "What info do you have of him?" He asked Kijoong. "Here," said Kijoong as he gave his phone to Jinwoo after pulling up the information. Jinwoo went to text Moonbin the information before handing the phone back to Kijoong.

Hansol got up after he finished his lunch and headed into the kitchen to wash his plate. There was some weird tension between himself and Donghun, and he was sure that the others had picked up on it by now. Donghun let out a sigh and got up before heading into the kitchen and going to wash his plate.

"I think, once things calm down a bit more I want to tell the others," said Hansol as he kept his eyes on the sink. "That's fine," said Donghun. "But," he said. "I want to get the decision on the three wolves first," he said. "That I can wait on," said Hansol.

Kwangsuk seemed to be deep in thought as he looked through his phone. "What's wrong?" Asked Jun as he came to sit down beside Kwangsuk. "I don't know why Hansol is so scared to come out to everyone," confessed Kwangsuk. "Maybe because of who you guys are," said Jun.

"It's so obvious that they're mates though," said Kwangsuk. "We'll never really see why they chose to hide it for so long but," Jun said, shrugging. "But I guess we'll be happier knowing they felt brave enough to come out to us," he said. "I'd think he just wants your approval," said Marco. "You really think so?" Asked Kwangsuk as he turned to Marco.

"It would make sense," said Jun. "Because you're the team leader," he said. "He'd want your approval before really doing anything, and I think Donghun is waiting on that approval," he said. "I see," said Kwangsuk.