Chapter 5

The Wolf and The Human

Jun didn't want to leave Kwangsuk's side but he knew he had his own responsibilities in the pack that he had to do. Woojin, Jason and Hongseob kept an eye on Kwangsuk while Jun was away, trying to ease the stress from Jun's mind.

Chan was worried for Kwangsuk, but he was also worried for his other friends, Kijoong was the youngest of them, having recently started changing. At least, he had started changing when Chan left, joining Sehyoon who took him to Donghun. That was a few years ago but who knows what would've happened inbetween the years he had last seen his old pack.

Donghun tried to keep things normal for the pack, knowing that everyone was looking to him for guidance. He was the pack alpha after all, but sometimes things got too much and that was when Jun usually stepped in. Now Jun was dealing with his own problems and so Donghun had to step up and be the alpha in the pack once again.

Luna and Sehyoon were the most normal, at least as normal as things could get with what was going on. Luna knew this was important, that Kwangsuk was someone important so she kept out of everyone's way, keeping to Sehyoon's side but going to comfort the others if they needed it. Sehyoon was Chan's rock, keeping him going throughout the worrisome days when it seemed that Kwangsuk wouldn't make it, and he even helped Jun when it seemed like Jun was going to collapse from the stress.

 

~



Kwangsuk woke with a gasp, sitting up in surprise. "Hello?" He called. Chan rushed into the room with Woojin and Jun. "You're awake!" Said Chan as he tackled Kwangsuk. "Ouch, careful," said Kwangsuk as he chuckled, wrapping an arm around Chan. "Sorry," said Chan as he moved away, grinning.

"How are you feeling?" Asked Woojin as he walked over. "Better, thank you," said Kwangsuk. Jun looked relieved. "That's good," he said. Kwangsuk looked up at Jun. "Ah," he said. "Well, we found our mates in each other," he said. Jun hummed. "A pure blood then?" He asked. Kwangsuk nodded. "Well," he said, stretching slightly before moving to get up. "It wouldn't've ended well if I didn't make it it seems," he said. "No," said Jun as he scratched the back of his head.

"Can I take a look at your back?" Asked Woojin. "Sure," said Kwangsuk as he sat down again. Woojin went to check on the wound, unwrapping the bandages to see him fully healed. "Well, that worked," he said. Jun went to grab some extra clothes and a towel and handed it to Kwangsuk. "I guess I better get a shower in then," said Kwangsuk as he scratched the back of his head. "It's just across the hall," said Jun. Kwangsuk nodded and went to take a shower. Woojin, Chan and Jun headed downstairs where the others had been watching a movie.

"You look relieved," remarked Donghun as he spotted Jun and Chan. "Yeah," said Jun as he scratched the back of his head. Chan chuckled awkwardly as he scratched the back of his head.

"I can understand Jun's concern, but what's your involvement in it?" Asked Donghun as he turned to Chan. "Well," said Chan. "Kwangsuk was the one who turned me," he said. "You get that sort of attachment with that I guess," he said. Donghun turned to Sehyoon. "It would make sense," said Sehyoon. "I have that sort of attachment too, since you were the one who turned me Donghun," he said. Donghun nodded.

Kwangsuk came downstairs after getting dressed, and turned to Donghun. "Thanks," he said. Donghun scratched the back of his head. "You were a friend of Chan's, and Jun's mate," he said. "I couldn't deny you help," he said.

"Kwangsuk," said Chan. "Hm?" Asked Kwangsuk. "Where's Hansol and Kijoong?" Asked Chan. "They're around," said Kwangsuk. "I came here with them but I don't know where they went," he said. "They're not injured are they?" Asked Donghun. "No," said Kwangsuk. "They wanted me to get help first, they're fine," he said.

"How is Kijoong?" Asked Chan. "He's fine," said Kwangsuk. "He adjusted just fine after he started changing," he said. "That's good," said Chan. "That he adjusted well after he started changing anyway," he added.

Right on queue the doorbell rang, and Donghun got up and went to see who it was. Chan and Kwangsuk also went to the door to see who it was. "Hansol," said Kwangsuk. "You're okay then," said Hansol as he tilted his head to the side. "Where's Kijoong?" Asked Chan. "Here," said Kijoong as he walked over.

Donghun studied the both of them, his head tilting to the side slightly. "What brings you here?" He asked. "Just came to see how Kwangsuk's doing," said Hansol as he shrugged. "Nothing wrong with that is there?" He asked. Donghun turned to Kwangsuk. "Don't mind Hansol, he's usually like this," said Kwangsuk as he tilted his head to the side slightly. 

Chan hummed, looking at Donghun. "Well," said Donghun. "If he's usually like this then why are they werewolf hunters?" He asked, looking at Chan for confirmation. "You noticed then," said Chan. "For the record," said Hansol as he narrowed his eyes. "We're not here for you," he said. "They're not here for me either," said Kwangsuk as Woojin, Jason and Hongseob came to the door.

"Well," said Woojin. "Didn't think they'd send the cavalry," he said. "Woojin," said Hansol. "You're not here for the pack then what are you here for?" Asked Woojin. "Euijin," said Hansol. "I know Junyoung showed up, it's how Kwangsuk got injured," he said. Kwangsuk scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. "He caught me off guard alright?" He asked.

"You guys took iKon's place then?" Asked Donghun as he decided to let them in, considering they hadn't attacked them. Yet. "Well," said Hansol. "We were on our way up to the top when iKon decided to switch occupations," he said. "So I guess," he said. "I'm still a rookie apparently," said Kijoong. "But when I started changing they grouped me with Hansol and Kwangsuk," he said.

"What made you guys become werewolf hunters?" Asked Donghun. "More due to the fact that we were forced into it," said Kwangsuk. "I would've ended up becoming a werewolf hunter if I stayed around a little longer huh?" Asked Chan. "Your tracking would've easily gotten us to the top for sure," said Hansol. "However, your beta status was a different matter," he said. "And I didn't want you to go through that pain," said Kwangsuk. "If you were to kill the alpha of a werewolf pack well," he said, scratching the back of his head.