Chapter 3

The Wolf and The Human

Sehyoon returned a couple weeks later from a successful mission. "How'd it go?" Asked Donghun as Sehyoon arrived home. "Just fine," said Sehyoon. "Chan not causing trouble?" He asked. "No," said Donghun. "He's been helping Luna with the garden out back," he said. "That's good," said Sehyoon.

"Where is he now?" He asked. "In the garden helping Luna," said Donghun. Sehyoon nodded and headed out to the backyard, spotting Chan and Luna playfully arguing over where a flower should go. "It should go here," said Luna. "I think it'll look better over here," said Chan.

"Having fun you two?" Sehyoon asked with a chuckle. "Hey, you're back!" Said Chan as he noticed Sehyoon. Sehyoon grinned. "Hey," he said. "How was the mission?" Asked Luna. "It went fine," said Sehyoon. "I heard you were arguing over where to put a flower," he said.

"I think it'll look better here," said Chan. "No, it looks better here," said Luna. "Well," said Sehyoon. "I think it looks better here," he said, going to another spot. Chan and Luna went over to see. "It does!" Said Chan. Luna hummed, nodding. "Okay, we can put it here," she said. Sehyoon chuckled and Chan cheered before going to plant the flower.

It was a bit later that Donghun and Jun came outside to find the three of them lounging in the grass and cloud watching. "Having fun you three?" Asked Donghun. "Lots," said Chan as he sat up. "What's up?" He asked. "You've been quiet for most of the afternoon," said Donghun. "We've been cloud watching," said Luna. "I see that," said Donghun.

"We're going out for dinner if you want to join us," said Jun. "Sure," said Sehyoon. Luna nodded. "Yeah sure," she said. Chan nodded. "Let us go and change clothes first then we can head out," he said. "Go then," said Donghun. Chan, Sehyoon and Luna headed inside to change clothes.

Once they were done Donghun drove into London, only being about an hour outside of London to find a place to eat. They ended up at a pub and found a place to sit and eat. Once they ordered their food everyone made small talk with each other.

"So," said Donghun. "What do you know about your old pack now?" He asked. Chan hummed. "Euijin's the pack leader," he said. "Then you have Daewon, Marco, Junyoung and Hojung," he said. "There used to be other members but they left due to Euijin defeating the last alpha for the spot," he said. "I left with them but I left that group a bit later, being found by Sehyoon," he said. "And you've been with us ever since," said Donghun. Chan nodded. "You would've gotten along fine with my old pack leader," he said. "The one before Euijin anyway," he added.

"Maybe one day we'll run into them," said Donghun. "Maybe," said Chan. "I dunno," said Jun. "Your pack has a really standoffish vibe," he said. "My old pack," corrected Chan. "But that's just how they are," he said. "The previous alpha was a lot different," he said. "He cared enough about my beta status to get me out when things were about to go downhill," he said.

"Kwangsuk?" Asked Sehyoon. Chan nodded. "You've met him before," he said. "I know," said Sehyoon. "I ran into him in Denmark," he said. "He asked about you," he said. "Really?" Asked Chan. "What'd he ask about?" He asked. "He wondered what you were doing now," said Sehyoon. "Maybe we will end up seeing them sooner then we thought," he said. "Maybe," said Chan.

When their food arrived everyone paused in their small talk to eat, enjoying the meal in comfortable silence. "Who's paying?" Asked Chan. "I will," said Sehyoon. "Since I just got back and all," he said. "You sure?" Asked Donghun. "I don't mind paying," he said. "Nah, I'll pay," said Sehyoon. "Okay then," said Donghun. Jun hummed.

"What brought this on?" He asked. "Just felt like paying," said Sehyoon as he shrugged. "No issues with that is there?" He asked. "No, no," said Jun. "I'm just wondering," he said. "Thank you," said Luna. Sehyoon scratched the back of his head. "No problem," he said.

After paying for dinner they took a small walk around London before heading home. Chan stayed near Sehyoon while Donghun, Luna and Jun stayed near each other. Luna kept a hand on Donghun's arm, not wanting to be separated from him.

"Are you okay Luna?" Asked Donghun. "I'll be fine," said Luna. "I just don't want to be separated from you," she said. "I'm right here," said Donghun as he nodded. Jun hummed. "Don't worry," he said. "If we get separated Sehyoon and Chan will find you," he said. "We are the trackers after all," piped up Chan as he caught up to them with Sehyoon beside him.

"With that we should head home then," said Donghun. "Sure," said Jun. The others nod. "Let's head back to the jeep then," said Donghun before he walked back to where they had parked the jeep. The others followed after him.

When they got home Sehyoon and Chan went straight to their room after Chan yelled that they were going to watch a movie in their room. Jun retired to his room after saying goodnight and Donghun and Luna went into their shared room.

Luna let out a sigh as she sat on her bed. "What's wrong?" Asked Donghun as he came out of the bathroom after taking a shower and changing clothes. "I was really close to having a panic attack back there," said Luna. "I'm sorry," she said. "Hey," said Donghun as he walked over and sat down next to Luna. "There's nothing wrong with that okay?" He asked. "I'm pretty sure everyone sensed it too," he said. "You don't need to think that you're a burden to us," he said.

"No matter what, you're with us okay?" He asked. Luna nodded. "Sometimes it doesn't feel like it," she said. "I know," said Donghun. "But we care," he said. "You're going to be okay, okay?" He asked. "We won't let anything happen to you," he said.

Chan and Sehyoon sat on Sehyoon's bed, watching a movie. "Well," said Chan. "I think Luna was close to having a panic attack earlier," he said. "I know," said Sehyoon. "I don't think she realizes how quickly we notice the little things," he said. "We're trackers, we have to notice the little things," said Chan. "If we didn't then we'd be horrible at our job," he said.

"Some things will stay around," said Sehyoon. "We just have to prepare for the worst of it," he said. "We had to deal with a lot," agreed Chan. "But we'll deal with the things with Luna as they come and go," he said. "She needs us right now," he said.

"The only thing that worries me is what would happen when Donghun finds his mate?" Asked Sehyoon. "At least, one of them," he added. "I don't think he'll abandon her," said Chan. "There's no real reason to at that point, she's already here with us," he said. "I don't think she'll last long in with the regular humans," he said. "I don't think so either," agreed Sehyoon.