Chapter 11

The Wolf and The Human

The anticipation that Kangmin was turning had everyone on edge. Newly turned werewolves were unpredictable and no one was sure what would happen to Kangmin. Hansol and Donghun were spending more time together, though this time Luna joined them, after Hansol said it was okay to. Chan and Jinwoo were becoming closer, Jinwoo just being Chan’s rock. Jun and Kwangsuk were together most days now, and Jason, Sehyoon, and Kijoong were together because everyone else seemed to be in their own group.

When Kangmin woke up a few days later Chan was watching him, putting a wet cloth on his forehead. “Hey, welcome back to the world,” said Chan. “How long was I out?” Asked Kangmin as he moved to sit up. “Just a few days, what brought you here?” Asked Chan as he helped Kangmin sit up and give him some water.

“I wanted to talk to you about something,” said Kangmin. “It was important and I think it was Kino who said that I should tell someone important about it,” he said. “I see,” said Chan. "Who is Kino?" He asked. "He's a shapeshifter," said Kangmin. "I met him when they were trying to get a territory," he said. "They ended up getting Chicago," he said. "I see," said Chan.

"But," said Kangmin. "I feel another presence in my mind," he said. "Did I get turned?" He asked. "You were dying," said Chan as he scratched the back of his head. "We had no choice, but we asked Taeseon for permission first," he said. "I see," said Kangmin. "We wouldn't have turned you but," Chan said, looking down. "It came down to it, I understand," said Kangmin.

"I want to test something," said Chan. "Try and unleash your alpha aura," he said. "My what?" Asked Kangmin. "Your alpha aura," said Chan. "How do I do that?" Asked Kangmin. "Get mad?" Asked Chan. "I'm not even sure how someone unleashes their alpha aura, I'm a beta and I don't have one," he said, shrugging.

"Wouldn't getting angry make me change?" Asked Kangmin. "Well, not really," said Chan. "Come on, we can go ask Jason," he said. Kangmin nodded and followed Chan out of the room.

Jason, Sehyoon and Kijoong were in the living room playing on the PS4, racing Sungjin and Jae in Gran Turismo. "Hey you two," said Jason. "Who's there?" Sungjin asked from the laptop sitting on the coffee table. "It's Chan and Kangmin," said Sehyoon. "Oh, hey you two," said Sungjin. "Hey Sungjin," said Chan. "Hello," said Kangmin.

"We'll finish this race then we'll talk okay?" Asked Jason. "No hurry," said Chan as he went to sit down with Kangmin sitting beside him. "Knowing how Sungjin likes to pick the slowest car possible in the game, yeah this is going to take longer than usual," Jae said with a snicker. "Oh shut up, I'm going to beat you one of these days!" Shouted Sungjin. Everyone chuckled at that.

The race ended with Jason coming in first, Kijoong coming in second, Jae and Sehyoon being tied and Sungjin came last a few minutes later. "Pick a faster car next time Sungjin, damn," said Jason. "Shut up," said Sungjin. "Thanks for the race, we'll talk later," said Jae. "Sure," said Jason before he reached over and ended the Skype call.

"So what's up?" Asked Sehyoon as he turned to Chan and Kangmin. "Well, we're not sure if Kangmin's a beta or not," said Chan. "Also where did Jinwoo and Eunwoo go?" He asked. "They headed back to Berlin, apparently something came up," said Jason. "And it should be easy to tell if he's a beta or not, his alpha aura should've unleashed when he woke up," said Sehyoon. "At least, when I woke up after getting turned that's what happened to me," he said.

"Oh," said Kangmin. "That didn't happen to me," he said. "We can rule that out right?" He asked. "I mean," said Sehyoon. "I guess but," he said. "The only other way to test this is to see if you can release your alpha aura after we release ours," he said.

"Would that affect anyone besides Chan?" Asked Kangmin. "Since you know, he's a beta," he said. "Well," said Jason. "It shouldn't affect anyone else, unless you end up becoming a beta," he said. "Okay," said Kangmin. "Let's try it," he said. Chan nodded. "Let's do it then," he said.

"Sorry Chan," said Sehyoon as he unleashed his alpha aura. Jason and Kijoong unleashed theirs, causing Chan to flinch under it, forcing down a whimper as he tried to not bare his neck in submission. Kangmin looked alarmed at Chan, but felt nothing. In fact, his own unleashed right afterwards, causing Chan to flinch more. "S-Stop," stuttered Chan as he tried to keep his composure. The others immediately backed off their alpha auras, allowing Chan to collapse in his seat in relief.

"Well, that answers that question," mumbled Chan. "Sorry," said Kangmin as he scratched the back of his head. "It's okay," said Chan. "It can't be helped," he said, sighing. "I don't want to try to become an alpha, I don't want to deal with the anger that comes with it," he said. "Well, unless I'm forced to," he added.

"Well," said Kangmin. "Where did the others go?" He asked. "Donghun and Hansol are in London doing some shopping and Jun and Kwangsuk are with them," said Jason. "Okay," said Kangmin. "What did you need to talk to me about?" Asked Chan. "Oh yeah, can we take this outside?" Asked Kangmin. Chan nodded and got up, heading out into the backyard with Kangmin.

"Well," said Kangmin as he turned to Chan. "I wanted to tell you something important," he said. Chan tilted his head to the side. "I-I have this condition," said Kangmin. "Or at least, something weird," he said. "What is it?" Asked Chan. "I don't know how to say this but," said Kangmin.

"You know how when people form relationships that there's usually romance in them?" He finally asked. "Well, yes but romance isn't everything," said Chan. "I was told the same thing by Kino," said Kangmin.

"So what does romance in relationships have to do with this?" Asked Chan. "I... I don't feel any of that," said Kangmin. "I feel no desire to start relationships in general," he said. Chan blinked. "Oh," he said. "So you're aromantic or whatever it's called?" He asked. Kangmin nodded. Chan shook his head.

"You're one of very few people I can truly call a friend outside of the pack," he said. "If I was against something like that, I'd be the worst friend in the world," he said. "So, you're okay with this?" Asked Kangmin. "Of course," said Chan. "I mean I found my mate in a guy, it'd be stupid to be against it," he said. "Right, right," said Kangmin as he chuckled slightly, scratching the back of his head.