02.

Midnight shots

 

Is there a special reason as to why you're wearing my shirt?

 


 

Yoohyeon woke up not knowing why her bed was shaking. She slightly opened her eyes and looked to her right to find Bora shaking it while muttering 'you better wake up you little ...'

And she did, she rolled all over the bed and slapped the older's hand off the bed shooting her a glare. "What do you want?" Yoohyeon said while actually waking up and trying to sit on her bed. "It's 2PM we're going out to eat, the company is treating us get dressed fast, everyone is waiting for you"

After Bora left their shared room she went to her closet and after getting dressed with the first thing that she saw clean, she left the room and went to meet the other members. Half of them had already gone out wanting to make sure the place was a bit expensive and not too far from home since they all were feeling lazy.

Yoobin, Siyeon and her went to the restaurant after checking their group chat to see if they already had decided on a place, which they sure did. They ended up in a sushi restaurant at a table far from the other ones so that they could all fit in one table without bothering anyone if they were too noisy (Bora and Gahyeon mostly).

They soon started eating and Yoohyeon, still a bit asleep from before, wasn't listening to half of what the rest were saying. She looked over to her right and for a second she was confused. Why was Minji wearing her flannel shirt? They bought matching ones, so why would she be wearing hers?

"Is there a special reason as to why you're wearing my shirt?"

Minji looked at her after hearing that and ignored the younger one afterwards as if she had heard nothing, specially since no one else but her did. Yoohyeon got more confused by that and decided to ask her again later. Something didn't seem right about it even if she liked seeing the older one in one of her shirts. It was an odd feeling.

 

After eating in the restaurant in which they almost got kicked out when Siyeon screamed because Bora took her sashimi, the mentioned couple told everyone that they had to do something and that they would leave first, obviously by something meaning a date. They all knew about them but didn't want to say anything in case they wanted to tell them one day as if it was surprising that they were together.

"Yoohyeon and I have to go do some shopping."

"Wait, we do?" 

She definitely was confused, why was Minji so suddenly wanting to go with her shopping? The last time they did years ago she ended up getting scolded by the older one for making bad puns like "are you skittles? cause I wanna taste the rainbow." all the time with everything she saw funny. Also getting mad at her because even after saying that, she didn't actually do anything.

What she didn't know was that Minji actually had an actual plan. She had took her shirt to draw her attention, which she definitely did, and later wanted to take her far from the rest so she could try to make Yoohyeon less oblivious and actually have a date with her. 

If that worked out, she could try asking her to be hers.

The rest knew what she was planning when they saw her look and they quickly went home not wanting to disturb their leader, fearing that she'd have them cleaning the entire house.

The older one linked her arm to the younger one's, pulling her close with a big smile while waking towards the complete opposit direction from the nearest supermarket. Yoohyeon was oblivious about that and went with it, she had completely woken up half an hour ago and she didn't still get why Minji was wearing her shirt. She wanted to ask but her mind went somewhere else when she saw how her leader was smiling and clinging to her. She felt something warm inside every time she saw her smile and sometimes her heart skipped a beat when she smiled at her. It was scary for Yoohyeon since she didn't know why was that happening, she had a clue but she never thought much about it.

After a while, they reached a small cafeteria which was very well lighted by the wide windows on its sides. At first, the younger one just followed the older one inside, only when they were seated on a table waiting for their order, was when she frowned remembering what were they going to do.

"Aren't we gonna go shopping?"

"Nope, why?"

Minji was calm, smiling and looking at her.

She extended her hand and grabbed the sleeve of her shirt, tugging a bit at it.

"Why are you wearing this when we have matching ones?"

"I just like your smell, it also looks better yours than mine, specially when you wear it. I guess I just like you."

After a couple of seconds processing what she had just said, Yoohyeon widened her eyes and looked at Minji shocked. She couldn't believe it. Did she heard right? Minji likes her? No ing way.

The silence was killing her. She knew she heard it clear. Why was she not saying anything?

"Yoo... If you don't feel the same that's okay you know, but just tell me, do I have a chance with you or should I just quit? Is Yoobin isn't it... You two are very close why didn't I notice ear-"

"I like you too"

There was a pause.

The older's eyes met the younger ones and she just sighed in relief. Took her hand between hers and gave its back a soft kiss. 

"Would you like to be my girlfriend then?"

"Yes, a million times yes."

The both of them smiled brightly. They spent all the afternoon chatting and just throwing compliments at each other.

In the way back home, Yoohyeon turned to the older girl and asked what she wanted to ask before but didn't do it to not cut off their talk.

"Why were you thinking I liked Yoobin?"

"Well, you two are inseparable and cuddly with eachother so..."

"That's because she's like my sister, my best friend, just like Gahyeon."

They kept on talking until they reached home. Where they all adverted their gaze to their hands which were interlocked and tight around eachother. They gave them a look and after a while of teasing, Bora decided to switch beds with their leader so that they could sleep together and do whatever they wanted to do without bothering anyone, which of course, ended up being cuddles and talking until they passed out.

 


 

Idk what was that but there you go, Jiyoo.