18.

Midnight shots

"How about we get going? They still have to take a shower."

"Oh, yeah why not. Am I driving?"

"You just got your license, of course you are driving!"

Yoohyeon was nervous. She got her license but she failed once before, she didn't want to scare the older girl if she did something wrong, she still was a bit unsure of her driving skills.

And she didn't want her to be disappointed.

For years, she had seen the red-haired working hard to get to where she was now, and it was something she had always admired.

"Hey Minji, do you mind if we stop by a daiso? Siyeon lost her fake bangs and since they're cheap I want to get her new ones."

A nod and a smile were enough to send her to cloud nine. The girl's smile resembled the brightness of the sun and it was something she wasn't going to forget in days.

Maybe if she drove well she might get a pat on the back, or even better, a pat on her head along with another smile.

Yoohyeon had always tried to make herself invisible for others, she was shy and quiet, always trying to hide behind other members whenever she could.

But with Minji she was the opposite. She tried to make herself visible, trying to talk to her or help her whenever she could, she always tried to be on her sight whenever she talked to them, the first one on the row.

Today specially she was trying to make her proud of what she had become. A young adult who was independent enough to know how to drive besides playing video games and watching cat videos on youtube.

"Yooh, I have a friend that likes this person and she doesn't know what to do because she feels like her job might scare them if they dated or something... What do you think she should do?"

Was she talking about herself in third person? Did she like someone already? A lot of things were going through her head at that time and she almost didn't stop at a sign.

"It depends... Did they tell them at any time that their job was a problem when being friends? Because if that's the only thing that's keeping them from telling the other person and they are cool with it, they should just go for it!"

"Yooh, did someone ever tell you how sweet you are?"

Her ears turned slightly red from being embarrassed after receiving that compliment. She then parked the car and waited for her to get a message or call from the rest, waiting for them to appear. They were going to have a picnic that day, just them, no managers for the day.

Yoohyeon suddenly had an idea of what to do in the meantime. Even though she preferred to have waited to give it to her, it might be a good time to do so.

"Close your eyes!"

Minji did as she was told with a small smile painting her lips with pure curiosity.

But suddenly something soft was put onto them, it smelled like vanilla, and once she took a bite, she knew what it was immediately.

"When did you buy this!? This is from my favorite shop!"

"You've been telling us these days how you didn't get to get any macarons on your way to work and I thought I could give you a small surprise."

Minji then smiled, eating slowly the sweet macaron that she held softly with her fingers. It was something everyone did when eating but for Yoohyeon there was something more about it, the way that she held everything she touched as if it was something very precious to her.

She stood there, thinking and watching other cars go in and out of the parking lot, until she felt a hand on hers.

"Hey Yooh, do you think that falling in love with someone that's like family to you is bad?"

She furrowed her brows, she was confused.

"If they are not family, why would it be?"

Silence grew again in the car. It was summer but the air conditioner wasn't enough to make the pressure that was building up on her chest and the sweat go away. She was starting to feel nervous.

"Yooh, would you kill me if I did something stupid?"

"Minji, why would I kill yo-"

Vanilla.

Her lips tasted like vanilla.

And she couldn't believe her crush was kissing her so sweetly, cupping her cheeks between her hands, holding her face as if for once, she was the most precious thing she ever held between them.

The red-haired girl couldn't believe either the fact that the younger was caressing her hands, not letting her go while they kept kissing.

That was until they heard the phone ring.

With a smile on her face, the slightly shorter girl answered the phone. They were already at the park preparing everything.

"Let's go buy Siyeon those bangs and let's go meet the rest after. Is that okay with you puppy?"

A nod and a smile were enough to send this time Minji to cloud nine. She would ask her later if she wanted to be hers, maybe they could cuddle together that night.

 


 

I hope you liked this one!! Remember that you can ask for any pairings or anything you'd like me to write about!!