06.

Midnight shots

I'm back with another shot! I was supposed to upload this on halloween but I couldn't, I hope you like it!!

 


 

Gahyeon was annoyed. It had been a while since she had started university and still some people kept treating her like a child. She knew her features made her look younger and even cuter but that didn't mean she was actually a child. People some times were rude, telling her to go back home, that she needed to go back to kindergarten because that degree was something for adults. She had to move out of her city to pursue her dream career and she wasn't going to give up that easily knowing how much that was costing to her parents. She didn't want to disappoint them nor herself, she kept studying and giving her 200% most of the time until she passed out in a class for overworking.

She knew she had to change, that was not what she wanted to become, a workaholic who needed to feel like she was doing something every minute and second that she was awake.

One day, she saw a small post it on a noticeboard that said: "if you are reading this, you must be looking for something to do on halloween. come to the library at 8pm dressed up and let's have fun!
- the bookworm committee"

She was confused at first but noted what was written in her notebook and walked to her next class. She ended up thinking about what she could wear since ahe didn't have any costume and she didn't want to spend much on it, in the end, she needed to save up so she could visit her parents soon. A witch costume came to her mind, she had some clothes that she could make look like she was a witch so she would figure out later how to do it.

When she arrived at the library at 8pm, she didn't see anyone and felt like she was going into a trap of some kids. Two minutes later, a small group of people walked out of the library and looked at her with big smiles.

"We didn't think that someone was going to actually come! Welcome to the bookworm committee halloween party!"

A cheerful silver haired girl greeted her smiling brighly while clinging to another girl's arm who looked annoyed by her. They all said hi to the new girl and presented themselves so that they could know her a bit.

They were going to the older girl's house, said girl was wearing a vampire costume that really fitted her well and she was walking along with a smaller girl who was dressed up as Harley Queen. It was curious to see how a group of people who call themselves bookworms weren't mostly dressed as book characters. The silver haired girl was dressed up as a Harry Potter character and her friend to who she was clinging to, was a police officer. The rest were just dressed as some cliche horror characters such as Chucky and Jason.

When they arrived, she was expecting a typical party with alcohol and such but she wasn't expecting popcorn and eerie music playing with a movie on pause.

"The rules are simple, once the killer starts killing people, you have to take a shot every time he tries to kill someone, if you guess who and how it's gonna kill him, you can tell anyone to take a shot for you, is that okay with you?"

The girl in the Harley Queen costume, Bora, asked her and she nodded, feeling a little bit excited since it actually didn't look like that was going to be a nearly bad night.

Of course none of them had seen the movie before and that made everyone feel a bit uneasy since they didn't know how much were they going to drink. They settled in the couple of sofas that were there and after a while taking with her, about her likes and dislikes, wanting to know her better and trying to find out why she showed up when no one else would. The group of six girls were shocked after hearing her story, how she was called a child and how she wanted to have a fun night since she always was stressed. They invited her to join them if she wanted a chill group of friends to hang out with and Gahyeon was unsure about that, she had seen the tall girl named Yoohyeon, clinging and shouting to her friend Yoobin, yet she also saw how chill the rest were while that happened so she gave it a thought and exchanged numbers with them. When they all had, she checked it and found out that there was a number left, Yoobin's. She approached the girl while the rest were busy choosing between snacks and drinks to prepare them for later. She saw her on the sofa, enjoying being finally liberated from the tall girl, when she tapped on her shoulder shyly and asked for her phone number.

The girl took off her round glasses and nodded, took her phone and when she gave it back to her she saw her notes were open instead of her contacts.

“If you really do want my phone number, when I leave outside in the middle of the movie, come with me”

She was dumbfounded, she was going to turn around to ask the older one but she didn't see her until the movie started. They were some instances where her new friend Yoohyeon (who she talked with a lot), tried to guess it was going to happen, ending up with her not guessing right and drunk by the half of the movie. She suddenly realized that it was the time in which she had to go find the other girl, but she didn't move yet. Gahyeon turned to see where she was and saw her looking at her straight in the eyes, signaling her after to come with her.

And she did, they excused themselves in silence and no one bothered since they were immersed in the movie and their drinks. When they were outside, taking some fresh air, Gahyeon felt cold and got mad at herself for not taking her jacket with her. Suddenly, she felt someone hug her from behind and cover her with a big blanket, knowing that was Yoobin in a second.

"I'm sorry if this bothers you but don't want a cute girl like you to catch a cold"

"I don't mind"

She really wasn't and she didn't know if it was the effects of the alcohol or what but she was enjoying her warmth and she leaned back to feel more of it. Yoobin knew that she was going to be brave that time, she had been seeing Gahyeon from far for a long time and she developed a crush on her. She always saw her at the cafeteria and when people approached her to say bad things she just wanted to go and punch them. She wasn't expecting to see her that night and Yoohyeon made sure to annoy her so she could gain a little bit of courage and confess to the small girl. She even had a speech prepared but she just couldn't remember it in that moment.

"So... Are you going to give me your number miss officer?"

Yoobin almost choked on her own saliva after hearing the girl say that. She nodded and asked for her phone, in which she wrote her number and saved it as 'the girl who has a crush on you'. She locked the phone and gave it to her, not expecting her to turn around and unlock her phone to see her reward. Gahyeon was speechless, she just locked her phone once again and looked at the floor for half a minute, in which Yoobin closed her eyes, dying inside out of nervousness. 

She felt then a hug.

Gahyeon was hugging her.

Her crush was hugging her.

Yoobin was hugging her back.

Handong opened the door just to see how they were and a second after she closed it, not wanting to know what was happening there. Gahyeon looked at her with tears in her eyes, not believing that someone had a crush on her and didn't want to insult her after telling her that in fact, that wasn't true. 

They spent a while like that until they decided to come back in to a couple making out and the rest having a rock paper scissors competition. The movie wasn't over but their attention span to it, it was. Yoobin and Gahyeon joined them playing and after the party, they kept in touch. They tried to go on dates as much as possible until a christmas night came and Yoobin asked Gahyeon to be hers, to which she said yes with a big smile on her face, wanting to spend more time with her girlfriend and her friends, who had become like a family to her, helping her in any way they could and making people stop bullying her.

 


 

Thank you to everyone who reads these still. I had some issues so I couldn't upload this. Lately I'm having more schoolwork so if I don't upload as regularly as I did I hope you understand why. Thank you to everybody who leaves suggestions because it makes my work a bit easier.