16.

Midnight shots

Falling apart souded dumb.

 

It wasn't going to be something they would experience, she knew that and she stated it on their second year anniversary.

 

They moved in together and got a rabbit as a pet, they called it Jiu.

 

It was a name that wasn't going to be leaving her life soon and she didn't want to either, it made her think about all of the memories she had with some of her best friends who were like family to her more than roommates.

 

But when suddenly the young girl told her that she was going to be leaving for a while to China she didn't quite get why. But she accepted it and told her lover that as long as she was happy and thinking of her she'd be at home waiting for her to come.

 

The chinese woman made sure to tell her that she arrived safely when she did, and sent her a picture of her cat who was at her home, Nannan. But that was just the first week. She would get daily updates, but it was more amd more common to see the girl not responding, not even seeing the messages she left her and she felt as if she was doing something wrong.

 

Was she being annoying? Was it too much for the girl? Was she thinking too much about it? Maybe. They weren't going to fall apart, it was a promise they made.

 

But Handong was just not talking to her, she knew it when she met up with a couple of her ex members, who she adored dearly, and saw them smiling at some pictures she had sent them of her cat with different headbands on.

 

She started to feel nauseous when she was alone, and often had to take out Jiu out of the cage to hug her. Minji was fragile, she cared about others just as much as she cared about buying her favorite choco pie box. Friends are your family by choice and she took that to her heart. Specially with Handong, she was family to her, she was her home. And she currently was miles away from her.

 

"Babe Jiu misses you, she's been trying to get in your closet again"

 

"Are you talking about yourself or only the rabbit?" 

 

"Both..."

 

"I miss you too, I'll be back soon I promise" 

 


 

It had been a month since they last saw each other. She thought she was going to need to tell someone how bad she felt when her soulmate left, she couldn't keep lying to everyone telling them how excited she was because the blonde told her that she was coming back soon. She was feeling anxious hoping to get any notice of her arrival at any time, she needed to know when she was going to be able to hug her again, kiss her and tell her how much she loves her. 

 

The messages were not reaching her phone. It always showed one tick on them. She was getting more and more nervous when she saw that it had been almost a day since her messages were sent. They never reached her phone.

 

 

A phone call made her heart stop beating for a second, it was Handong's mom.

 

 

But it wasn't hers whose voice was on the other line.

 

 

It was Handong.

 

"Honey could you give us a hand? We are right in front of the building but I can't take all of our stuff up to our apartment, help"

 

"Wait you are here?"

 

She looked out from the window and even though it was already night-time, she could see her blonde hair from their apartment. She was back, and with her parents but that was not what it mattered at the moment.

 

She ended the call and took the keys with her, ran like a mad woman down the stairs and once she had her just a few meters apart, seeing her smile, made her drop a tear and run to hug her as if she came back from the dead, not wanting to leave her.

 

"Hey sunshine, don't be sad please, I'm sorry for not telling you everything, I wanted to give you a surprise..."

 

"A surprise?"

 

Suddenly a meowing sound was heard from the back seat of the car they had rented, it was the cat she had seen in pictures and videos. It was Nannan.

 

"I hope you don't mind that I brought the family for a small vacation, they didn't want Nannan to feel uncomfortable on his first week in South Korea"

 

Minji was stunned, a smile never leaving her face and fighting the urge to kiss her right in that moment. Her parents were still there and she was too excited to only give her a peck on the lips, she was sure of that.

 

 

 


Thank you guys once again for your patience and for reading, I hope you have a great day and I hope you enjoyed this update!