07.

Midnight shots

It was starting to get cold and Gahyeon wasn't expecting for it to come so soon. She was not having a good day, she left her keys at home and her parents weren't coming back home that weekend so she couldn't get into her house and she didn't want to bother them since it was their anniversary trip. She found herself on a cafeteria, watching the people walk by the window when she saw someone who she hadn't seen in a while. Gahyeon saw her entering the local where she was and she rapidly waved her hands at her wanting to get her attention, which she did, leaving a slightly shocked girl coming towards her.

"Hey Gahyeon, how are you? It's been a while"

"Hey Yoobin, I'm doing fine, just a bit clumsy and forgetful as always, and you?"

"Did you forget your keys at home again?" The latter sat in front of her, laughing a little after seeing that the younger's expression said it all. She looked at her attire and connected the dots to why she was there when she didn't even like coffee. "And I assume that you also forgot that today was going to be a cold day"

The small girl nodded, sighed and pouted as if that would help her solve her problem. Gahyeon took her mobile phone out and after seeing what time it was she noticed she had spent there a couple of hours and she had only bought a cup of hot chocolate to warm up a bit. Yoobin, seeing her distressed, saw her thinking, extended her hand and took hers.

"Do you want to stay at my house? Just like the old times. I swear nothing will happen, not unless you want to, you know that"

Nothing could go wrong with the older one so she agreed. Yoobin had confessed to her a couple of months ago and Gahyeon had left her hanging, waiting for a response that never came but she still waited. She knew the younger well and she knew she felt guilty for that. She also knew that night was going to be the one that an answer would be provided and she was prepared for the worst, why would she take if not a couple of months to respond?

Once they were at the older one's house, Yoobin let Gahyeon some clothes so that she could change into something more comfortable and warm meanwhile she started making dinner for both of them. Gahyeon went to the girl's room to change, it hadn't changed at all since the last time she was there. A couple of bookshelves filled with books and mangas, her desk that had a computer that she used to mostly play with Yoohyeon, her bed... She had never noticed that in the nightstand there was a couple of pictures of them, with all of their friends. She also noticed the way Yoobin looked at her in those, as if she was the only one there, not caring about the rest, just her. She felt her cheeks getting warm and quickly got out of there after changing her clothes.

Yoobin had almost finished making dinner when she saw by the corner of her eye, the younger one approaching. She felt her shirt being tugged at and she looked at her with a questioning expression.

"Unnie I'm sorry about leaving you hanging, it wasn't my intention to make you feel worried about that for months. I was and I still I'm shocked because I never thought someone would like me as I am, specially not someone like you..." Gahyeon took a breath and after a couple of seconds telling herself what she had to say, she quickly said. "IlikeyoutooandI'dlovetobeyourgirlfriend"

Silence.

Yoobin was confused.

She was supposed to get a no, right?

What was this kind of miracle and why was she so lucky to her met her?

She quickly embraced the younger woman and showered her face with small kisses, leaving Gahyeon laughing since they became ticklish to her, asking her to stop because the food was going to get burnt.

That night they had a simple dinner, filled with laughter and cuddles that would mark that day as the day they both found happiness in each other.

 


 

Hey guys! I'm sorry for being absent, I was feeling a bit of a writer's block and I've been also sick and not feeling well enough to write anything. I hope you liked this chapter and as always, you can leave plots and ships you want me to write about!! Thank you guys for reading!!